Search results for query: *

1. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m playing in our Members league tomorrow, 1028 tee time on the same course I played so well on Saturday when it was bone dry and playing really fast. It was crazy how far balls were bouncing and rolling out. It rained from Saturday afternoon until late last night so even though it was mostly...
  2. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Other than their Apex iron line and their marketing, there is nothing Callaway is doing lately that I’m impressed with.
  3. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m looking at your yardages at the top of your bag and the first thing that comes to mind is I hate you. 😜 The second thing is, if your gapping is good throughout your bag, what possible issue could there be?
  4. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Low expectations and swing freely. You got this @Sean
  5. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

@SC Putter WOW!!! Couldn’t be happier with my round today. 43 on the front (a few silly mistakes on the front, but hey… haven’t played in a few weeks), but a 38 on the back for an 81. The Stealth woods and hybrids seem like a better combo for me than anything I’ve played for years. I had two...
  6. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I have a 956 tee time and I’ve been awake since 545am. It’s my first round in about 3 weeks. Can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to playing…
  7. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Yeah, Cleveland seemed to jump the shark a bit with these after the CBX2. I loved the original CBX’s, and the 2’s were good, but the Zipcore and 4 versions have gotten progressively worse IMO. As soon as my Glides arrive, they’re going in my bag. I’m ditching my CBX Zipcore 54*, but will keep my...
  8. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

For those of you who like the feel and spin of a rusted wedge, PING has lowered the price of the Glide 4.0 Raw from $195 to $127 (at Carls Golfland) it’s an either or though as this model obviously doesn’t have the Hydroplate finish which seems to be very popular. BTW these are Tour Issue clubs...
  9. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

9 wood. Keep it simple and work on and with the CBX2 wedges. If you’re a high cap you have no need right now for a SSFF LW.
  10. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m the opposite of not keeping score. Every time I play it’s either league, money game or comp. Not to mention I have so many side bets going, I need to sit with about 5-6 guys for about an hour afterward to figure out how much I won or lost. I’m a bit of a degenerate. 🙄
  11. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Welcome, and you’re going to love the G425 Max!
  12. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I got back home to Myrtle Beach this morning. I‘ve only played 3x in the last 6 weeks due to family and back issues, but I’m hoping that’s all behind me now. I’m going to head to the range tomorrow and Friday, then play Saturday. Next week I’ll be in full golf mode again, playing every Tuesday...
  13. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I think if a sports psychologist like Bob Rotella played in a foursome with you and me, he’d be looking to get drunk before we finished 9 holes.
  14. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Nice playing, and smart decision with the tees. 6431? No thanks.
  15. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m no expert, (in fact I’m pretty bad with my wedges around the green) but I don’t think the amount of forgiveness in a CBX as opposed to a RTX matters if you’re hitting a ball off the hosel.
  16. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

It’s been a rough week. My dad passed away last Thursday morning, so I drove up to Long Island that afternoon. Even though he was about to turn 95 he was living with my sister from when my mom passed so he lwas always surrounded by his family. He lived a long, happy life. It was time though as...
  17. Grand Stranded

An unspoken golf rule that needs to change tomorrow: "Hole-In-One golfer having to buy everyone else drinks!"

We pay $10 hole in one insurance in my leagues. with anywhere from 30-50 guys signed up, that usually pays for at least one (sometimes two) HIO by someone in the group. It is funny though when the odd guy who wouldn’t put in his $10 gets stuck with a big bar bill.
  18. Grand Stranded

Which would you choose?

Ah… that makes sense. Good luck in league! 👍
  19. Grand Stranded

Which would you choose?

If that’s the case, why did you sell the first set to get another one with the Darts?
Back