Search results for query: *

1. jhtr20

Alphard Golf club booster v2

I bought one during the holiday sale and got out with it for the first time last week. No issues, gained skill with the remote and got excited a bit with a big wheelie going up a steep slope, it didn't tip over. I think I'll move the wheelie wheels down a notch before I play that course...
  2. jhtr20

The Official Banter Away Thread

Happy Saturday! Just wish it wasn't snowing. Work on core stability and putting today! Have a great weekend.
  3. jhtr20

Nirvana?

I was contemplating a Newton shaft for the driver. But after being told my last day of employment is 4/11 that is now on hold. I really like what is in my bag. There is not a club in there when I pull it out I don't have confidence in.
  4. jhtr20

What's your low rent guilty pleasures

Hot dogs - boiled Saturday night Kielbasa and beans.
  5. jhtr20

New England Members

Got out for the first round of the year yesterday up at Windham CC. As you would expect it was super soggy in spots. It was the first round using the Alphard electric cart. I did notice a difference in my energy level not pushing a cart. Round contained way too many doubles as my tempo was a...
  6. jhtr20

What is your useless super power?

Logic, it is not understood especially at work.
  7. jhtr20

Watching the pros putt….

Watching them got me to think I should be spending time on the practice green. In retrospective of my brushes with breaking 80 last year a couple of putts would have made the difference.
  8. jhtr20

Retirement coming soon --- lots of golf in the future! :)

I'm shutting down the company laptop for the last time this coming July 30th. I'm going to walk away while I'm still relatively healthy. I'll be golfing and fishing a lot more that is for certain. Enjoy your retirement.
  9. jhtr20

If you are not a member anywhere - what makes your “most played” course the one you play more often..?

It's the one I can get on the easiest. It is tougher layout, unforgiving on a poor striking day so it is usually the last course to fill the tee sheet.
  10. jhtr20

Do You Consume Alcohol While Playing?

Rarely for me. My usual partner doesn't drink at all so no peer pressure. I find in the fall when it is hard getting a tee time and I'm only playing an afternoon 9, I may have a beer on course. Those 9s I rarely have a scorecard with me. Just a fun 9 as the season winds down.
  11. jhtr20

Official Rant of the Day

My daughter was my closest child until she started her period. Then she hated me from 11 - 18. I picked her up at college for thanksgiving weekend her Freshman year. Driving out of town she put her hands on the dash and said "Dad I have to tell you something." I had that oh **** feeling come...
  12. jhtr20

2024 Driver Market: Which One Do You Want?

PXG Black Ops 9* with a Tensi av white 75G shaft
  13. jhtr20

Are You Jumping In?

for sure!
  14. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

With some arthritis in my right hip I do everything I can to minimize pain during the round. I've found turning out might right foot a bit helps protect, I guess is the right word, the hip a bit. I have not noticed any difference with the trail shoulder.
  15. jhtr20

Which THPer would be most likely to get this Tattoo?

I hope there is a "Hangover" type story on that one.
  16. jhtr20

Sellers Remorse

We're 3 years away. My wife told me to start looking. We've been in our current home 35 years, we built it a couple years after we were married. I'm not as emotionally attached as she is but even she realizes it is way more than we need going forward. I'm sure this will be one of the more...
  17. jhtr20

What golf stuff did you buy today?

One of these bad boys, https://alphardgolf.com/products/club-booster-v2-omni-cart-sidekick
  18. jhtr20

The 60 and over Thread

I play a 16* fairway, 4W?, with a 3W length shaft. Works well for me, good off the deck and enough distance off the tee.
  19. jhtr20

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023

I would love to see a follow me or remote cart at a price I couldn't resist. Bat Caddy $100 off didn't do it.
Back