Search results for query: *

1. BL

Charleston SC golf for bachelor party

I've been put in charge of setting up the golfing for a friend's bachelor party in Charleston in early October. I've never been so I'm looking for help picking the two courses. We'd like to play somewhere within 30ish minutes of downtown Charleston. There will be approx 20 of us. Upper end limit...
  2. BL

Distance Powered by Srixon / Dell Match Play Contest

With the thrilling and awesome to-follow 2019 Morgan Cup behind us, Distance Powered by Srixon in next on deck in just under two weeks in Vegas! ChefKritter, Danimal, Big SoIL, HuddieJ, Jrengler and I are all pretty fired up with all the awesomeness that THP and Srixon are bringing and it’s...
  3. BL

Are we approaching peak equipment performance?

Particularly with driver heads, every year we hear the newest driver is hotter than ever. No doubt, clubs are producing max COR across more and more of the face. And carbon is definitely giving designers more freedom to move weight around. But putting aside improvements in shaft combos, do you...
  4. BL

To stamp or not to stamp

As you get new irons, wedges, and/or putters, how do you decide whether or not to stamp something on them or whether to custom paint them? My current irons and wedges are stamped, but largely because they wouldn't have much resale value even un-stamped. As I'm considering getting new ones, that...
  5. BL

WGT Golf Simulator

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phigolf/phigolf-wgt-edition-take-a-swing-to-play-world-gol?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=golfer2 So there’s a million things to laugh at in this video, but the product looks intriguing. Anyone else going to give this a look? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. BL

Take care of each other. Hugged loved ones. Tell people you appreciate them.

I just got some sudden, tragic news about a brilliant, dear, wonderful colleague. For whatever it's worth, please take this as a reminder not to wait for a good time or reason to tell people you love them or what they've meant to you. Be well everyone.
  7. BL

Hoarding golf balls

I fell so head over heels for the AVX this year that I liquidated all my K-Sigs and bought as many AVXs as I could. Additionally, any Dick's or PGATSS rewards I had were used on AVXs too. So now, as the Chicago golf season is basically done, I'm sitting on 10 or 11 dozen AVXs (not to mention...
  8. BL

Adding weight to a putter

I just switched to the Odyssey O-Works Marksman from the O-Works #7 tank. I’m rolling the new guy great but leaving everything short and I think it because the head is lighter. So...what’s the best way to add weight to a putter without screwing things up? Given the design of the Marksman, I...
  9. BL

TP5/TP5X Giveaway

I just went to taylormadegolf.com to research putters and a window pops up inviting you to take a 10-min survey at the end of which they'll mail you a 4-pack of balls (2 of each) Enjoy
  10. BL

Perfect Set

If cost was no issue, what clubs and shafts would you play right now? And which, if any, of your dream 14 are already in your bag? Granddaddy participants, don't even bother.:blowkiss: E.G: My Perfect Set: Rogue SZ Driver and 3w w/ T1100 6.5 (already gaming driver) TMG P790 UDI (already gaming)...
  11. BL

Indoor Wedge fittings

I'm less worried about how far I hit full wedges on a launch monitor and more concerned about getting the proper bounce for greenside pitches and chips. Do people feel they're confident about the specs they've gotten when the fitting has been indoors/off mats? I used to be a certified club...
  12. BL

Magnetic Cases for Range Finders

I played with a guy last week who had a magnetic case that allowed him to put his rangefinder on the metal bar on the windshield of a cart. It was super convenient and I'm constantly searching for mine from shot to shot. However, I have the Bushnell hybrid and the case he had would block the...
  13. BL

WTB: TM UDI 2 Iron

Anyone got one for sale? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. BL

Adding putter loft

I just bought a 38" Odyssey O-Works Tank #7 and my coach would like me to adopter a Matt Kuchar-esque forward press. Something similar to this: Any idea how much loft I need to add to the putter to make this workable?
  15. BL

Help me figure out recoil proto hybrid shaft + head

I was lucky enough to win one of the UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Hybrid Shafts last week courtesy of THP and Will from The People's Club. However, I've yet to tell Will which shaft I want because I'm a bit at a loss about how to go about this and I'm hoping you guys can help me figure it out...
  16. BL

Fitting at Bettinardi

Anyone ever been fit for a putter at Bettinardi's studio outside of Chicago. I like that the fitting cost ($100) goes towards the cost of the putter but am curious how involved the fitting process is for the "non-custom" putter fittings.
  17. BL

FJ Pure Touch glove review - THP Championship

In the lead up to the 2018 THP Championship, I was fortunate enough to be sponsored by Footjoy and Budget Golf and was given a Foot Joy Pure Touch (FJPT) glove to review. You can buy one for yourself at Budget Golf by visiting...
  18. BL

When do you ditch your putter?

Assuming your existing putter is in good shape and you're not a putter ho who keeps more than 1 putter on hand at a time, when do you decide it's time to make a switch? I've been putting just terribly lately. I'm meeting with my coach soon to look at my stroke, but I just can't stand the sight...
  19. BL

Stretching

How much and what types of stretches, if any, do you do before you begin a round or practice session? Any golf-specific moves? Do you use any equipment?
  20. BL

Run it back! Guess my score, win Medinah swag

Over the few past month, (at least) two things have become clear to me: 1: I need to shed weight from my carry bag. 2: A lot of THP'ers are bigger memorabilia collectors than I am. And while this Medinah bag is dope, it's heavy and I'm not much of a collector. So here's the contest: I'm...
Back