Search results for query: *

1. TrojanMan

5-wood Shaft Recommendations?

PS - for what it’s worth, my driver SS is in the 103 to 110 range.....depends on how tense I get on a given shot! And I’m typically a higher spin player naturally.
  2. TrojanMan

My 3-wood flight, when struck well, is a medium trajectory, and either pretty darn straight, or a fade. I almost never hook/draw that club. Occasionally, I’ll start to tug the driver left, and sometimes go full double cross. When I do that, I’ll play the 3w a little more than usual off the...
  3. TrojanMan

I play the Mistubishi TENSEI AV Blue in both my driver and 3-wood; 70g Stiff (which is actually 77g, I believe). Both driver and 3-wood are Epic Flash, FWIW. Contemplating a 5-wood to replace my 3-hybrid. I like the TENSEI, but I think for a 5-wood I'd likely want/need to go up a bit in...
  4. TrojanMan

How many putters do you rotate through?

I expect the Scotty Special Select Squareback and Envroll ER2 will get the most reps this year, but I also fully intend to get the SpiderX, Toulon San Diego, and TaylorMade Mullen out at some point as well.
  5. TrojanMan

Cameron special flatback vs Evnroll ER2B

I've had an ER2 for 2+ years (the original, not the black), and I bought a Special Select Squareback maybe 6 weeks ago. Love them both, honestly. The Scotty puts more oomph into the ball than the ER2; I'm not saying that's a pro or a con, just is what it is. And that's by design for the ER2...
  6. TrojanMan

TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Did the fitting this morning. Really liked the look and feel of the SIM heads, but it didn't really do anything better than my current Epic Flash SZ. The swings that were downright awful didn't seem to have quite as bad of a result as an awful swing with my Flash would, but the good swings...
  7. TrojanMan

TaylorMade SIM Drivers

Going in for a SIM/SIM MAX fitting tomorrow morning. Was in the Roger Dunn Superstore in Santa Ana yesterday talking with the guy who has fitted me in the past, and he had me just hit a bunch of balls in the 'public' hitting bays, just to see if I like the feel/look of the head. (Spoiler: I...
  8. TrojanMan

Home Putting Green Speed

My club posts the speeds at the starter shack everyday. North is typically 11-12 and South is 10.5-11.5. I like it. I’m used to that now, so slower greens mess with me.
  9. TrojanMan

Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

Saw them in person at my club's shop on Friday, and then swung by Roger Dunn's superstore today to actually putt with them. Went in wanting to demo the Fastback, Squareback, and Flowback 5.5, so those are the only ones I actually putted with. They all felt great and put a good roll on the...
  10. TrojanMan

Taylormade Hi-toe vs Callaway PM grind

I've had two Pm Grind wedges; an original one that I used a couple of years ago for a bit, and then a 2.0 that I used from February until about a month ago. Very good out of the sand, great with flop shots out of fluffy green-side lies, etc. And I'd hit an occasional great pitch/chip with...
  11. TrojanMan

The Wide Sole

I currently have a 54* MD4-W, and just added a TM HiToe Bigfoot to the bag. Love them both. A couple things to note.... One, I tend to get steep. That's a more common miss for me than coming in too shallow. So extra bounce can help with that on full shots. Two, off a tight-ish lie, I'm...
  12. TrojanMan

Wedge setup

PW and AW are part of my iron set. I have a 54* MD4 W-Grind, and I just today got rid of my 58* PM Grind 2.0 and replaced it with a 60* HiToe Bigfoot. PW and AW are used for full shots down to bump and runs. 54* gets occasional full shots, long bunker shots, and most chip/pitch shots. My PM...
  13. TrojanMan

How Many Wedges Do You Try?

Not many, and there's not a very extensive 'testing' period. I buy most of my stuff from the Roger Dunn superstore because they have a HUGE inventory, and a 90 day money back program....which is great. But they don't have an outdoor fitting center, and hitting wedges off a mat into a net...
  14. TrojanMan

Question about Driver vs 3-Wood Shafts

I'm wondering how you guys set up your driver vs 3-wood, in terms of shaft profile. I was fitted in the Tensei AV Blue 75-S shaft in my Flash SZ driver. And so far, it's giving me mostly good results. Last week, my 3-wood shaft snapped on the course. So I ended up getting a Flash SZ 3-wood...
  15. TrojanMan

Shaft/Loft combo & its effect on launch...?

For those of you with far more technical knowledge and club fitting insight than I have, what would you expect the ball flight differences to be between a 9 degree driver with a mid-launch shaft, and a 10.5 degree driver with a low launch shaft? I realize different heads, different shafts, and...
  16. TrojanMan

How do YOU choose wedges?

I change wedges somewhat frequently....probably every 9-12 months. That's due in some part to groove-wear, and in large part to getting bored and wanting something new and shiny. And wedges are easier/cheaper to swap out than iron sets, drivers, etc. Hitting off mats at your local superstore...
  17. TrojanMan

To be, or not to be (a putter ho)....that is the question

Alright, stream of consciousness putter thoughts/questions..... *What is it about putters? If I have a bad day chipping, I don't immediately day dream about other wedges. If I have a round where my tee balls hit the parking lot more than the fairway, I'm thinking about hitting the range, not...
  18. TrojanMan

Downhill Bunker Lie, w/ a Long Carry.......help?!?!?

A number of times in the last few rounds I've played, I've found myself in a greenside bunker, closer to the edge that's opposite the green. So it usually means a slightly awkward stance, a slightly downhill lie, and a fairly lengthy carry to get out of the trap. Anybody have a reliable method...
  19. TrojanMan

Trying to Improve Consistency, but Playing Once a Week

The obvious answer here is play more golf. But work, kids, life, etc...... I play almost once a week on average. I think I recorded something like 48 rounds last year, plus a handful of charity scrambles and things like that. I also hit the range and/or short game practice area as much as...
  20. TrojanMan

How different "should" your irons and woods swings be?

I've realized that I generally hit my woods well, OR my irons well.....not usually both at the same time. Golf is hard, etc., etc. Yeah, I know. For the last month or so, I've been hammering the woods (and hybrids), but inconsistent with the irons. Last week, I rediscovered a feel key with...
Back