Search results for query: *

1. G

How much fun are hard shell tacos?

One of my favorite meals.
  2. G

Pizza Slices

Best looking slice first with no preference for size. In your diagram, slice F should be small as well assuming the pizza was cut by a normal person. When I worked at Dominos long ago, those skinny ones were the loser slices. Known poor tippers could count on having their pizza include them.
  3. G

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

40 degrees with a steady rain that changed to snow about halfway through the round. And the week ended up not counting for league since our two foursomes were the only groups dumb enough to show up.
  4. G

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

Bluetooth speaker left in the golf cart and never turned in. I replaced it with a new one that's bright blue and easier to notice when unloading.
  5. G

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

It's one of the main factors in picking when I decide to pull the plug. Our contract gives me 5 years of paid health insurance after retirement, and cashing in my unused sick time will pay for about 3 years more. So if I retire at 56 when I'm first eligible, it leaves a 1 year gap where I'd have...
  6. G

Taco Bell Menu in 1974

taco and enchirito
  7. G

Do/did you tip your fitter?

I didn't, but I thought about it afterward and felt like I should have.
  8. G

Flying leap on equipment

Most of my purchases are sight unseen and based on reviews. The most recent: Cleveland HB soft milled putter (new) - I love it. Favorite putter I've ever had. Cobra Aerojet OL hybrid (used) - Meh. It's ok, but I'm not a huge fan. I'm sure there's something out there that's a better fit for me.
  9. G

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I have to work 4 more years to qualify for my full pension. There's a decent chance I retire at that point, and almost zero chance I work more than a few additional years. I like following the discussion of planning. Has anybody else tried Firecalc.com? It’s a website that seems to do something...
  10. G

ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask Us Anything About Equipment, Events or Website

How much (if any) golf do you get to play that's not THP related in some way, like just a casual round with family/friends?
  11. G

Really random: which pocket?

What glove? Don't wear one.
  12. G

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

Niagara County regular rate is $15/21 for 9/18 holes on a weekday, plus $7/13 for riding. Add $2 per 9 on the weekend. Subtract $3 per 9 for senior or junior rate. There are also a variety of passes and punch cards to bring the rates down. It's not a particularly nice course, but the new GM...
  13. G

The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Me too (as you could guess from my name). I agree that MacKinnon is most likely to win. And Panarin should at least be in the conversation. Without him the Rangers don't even sniff the President's trophy and are probably a bubble playoff team at best.
  14. G

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

Usually use a tee on a par 3 at the moment. But I change my mind on this every few months.
  15. G

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Willowbrook is soaked, and I'm sure your club is the same. I played 9 after work twice a couple weeks ago and it was great. Then I went out again this Tuesday and it was walking only. And big areas of the course had very clearly been recently underwater with all the rain over the weekend. My...
  16. G

Your Top 5 All-Time TV Shows

Cheers Breaking Bad Hill Street Blues Frasier Better Call Saul
  17. G

Pocket polo yes or no?

I never buy one with a pocket
  18. G

Who deserves the Hart this year?

I voted McKinnon. But I also think Panarin should be on the list (not that he has any chance of winning, but he at least deserves som consideration).
  19. G

What is the hardest shot in golf?

Out off the rough with a mid to long iron and a downhill lie. I may as well just kick the ball, the results will be pretty much the same.
  20. G

For Sale Mizuno JPX923 HL iron set

Very tempting. If they had the 950gh shaft the money would already be in your account. Good luck with the sale.
Back