Search results for query: *

1. G

final round of the year

How many of you have finished your golf year? I think I likely played my final 9 holes today (55 degrees and 30+mph winds). The clock change this weekend will make after work golf pretty much impossible, and next week's forecast is all low 40s and rainy. My only hope of extending the season is a...
  2. G

Help! What am I doing right?

I've been a high handicapper for my whole golf life, about 25 years. I've never broken 90 ever, although I've had a few rounds of 90 or 91 here and there over the years. Now all of a sudden within the last couple weeks, I've had nines of 41, 42, 41 again, and 40 today. Four of my last five...
  3. G

cell phones in school

A local district (not the one I teach at) has completely banned student use of cell phones during the school day. I have my own opinion on this, but I'm wondering what parents out there that don't work in a school think. Buffalo News article
  4. G

Help needed with thought experiment

A bunch of guys from work were having this discussion over a few beverages the other day. We couldn't come to a consensus answer. What would be the outcome of using a driver with a face that was slightly concave instead of convex? We all pretty much agreed that a strike in the sweet spot with a...
  5. G

1000 posts

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time I've ever reached 1000 posts as a member of an online forum. Thanks to @JB and @GolferGal for creating such a great corner of the web, and thanks also to all the mods who help to keep it that way. To celebrate my 1000th post, I've just signed...
  6. G

Tour Edge Warranty

Has anybody ever had to deal with Tour Edge regarding their lifetime warranty (covers club head and shaft breakage)? Their website says I'll have to pay for postage to ship them the damaged club, which I'm fine with. Mostly I guess I'm wondering about turnaround time and if they would repair an...
  7. G

Knockoff grips

Just stumbled across these. Price is good. Any thoughts or experience? found on amazon
  8. G

Recommendations for rain gear

I discovered the hard way last year that everything waterproof I own is evidently no longer waterproof. So, I'm in the market for some rain gear for when (if) this season ever gets started. Goretex would be nice, but I think it may be out of my price range. Any recommendations of brands or...
  9. G

How would you react if this happened to you?

I think I would have to laugh. It's just ridiculous. As the announcer says towards the end, golf has a way of crushing your spirit at times. https://www.pgatour.com/video/2019/11/03/bo-hoag-hits-the-cart-path-and-goes-backwards-at-bermuda-.html
  10. G

Close but no cigar

The hole in one thread got me thinking, for those of us (I'm guessing the majority of people) that have never had a hole in one or an albatross, which have you been closer to achieving? I would think this is unusual, but for me, it's the albatross. I've never been closer than about 6 or 8 feet...
  11. G

Least used club

I was talking about this with my playing buddies the other day, and we came to the realization that there are clubs we carry all the time in our bags that almost never get used. Sometimes it's a decision, like my one friend that won't hit his 3-wood because he's terrible at it. In my case it's...
  12. G

Fundraiser to Fight Cancer

Mods please delete if this is inappropriate or not allowed... I'm relatively new here, and have never been to an event, or even met anybody from THP in person. But just about everyone seems incredibly friendly and helpful, in contrast to most online forums. So, I figured I would reach out to...
  13. G

Lurker finally posting

I've been around for about six months. Never felt the urge to post anything until I stumbled on the "I suck at golf" thread yesterday. It fit me so perfectly I just had to jump in there for my first post. Anyway, I'm self taught (poorly), and never had any interest in taking lessons. I can...
Back