Search results for query: *

1. T

TaylorMade SpeedSoft and SpeedSoft Ink Golf Balls

I would need to buy a sleeve to ensure I can see them in the rough - can't see the taylor made stripes at all in the rough, they get lost for me. I assuming I can see them, I'd be all over the blue one if it came in the TP5. I don't think I would be a user of a ball with that low a compression...
  2. T

SX 550

I just joined a golf course community and with a new golf cart was considering buying an sx550 to put on the cart for a mini GPS. My big worry in the purchase isn't the subscription fee- it's that they will come out with a new product in the next months or so and I'll wish I waited. I know...
  3. T

Bushnell Wingman View Review

Thank you. Yes I want to see the distances but not hear it talk. I'll keep looking.
  4. T

Bushnell Wingman View Review

Question as a new owner- I don't want the gps to speak distances, just use the speaker to play music. Is this a possible setting?
  5. T

Best Courses You Played in 2023

What were your thoughts of them? Played all three of them plus OS this year, good solid Mass golf year.
  6. T

Help me with a possible golf cart purchase

Just bought in a community and inherited the prior owners cart. Only using for golf and getting around the neighborhood. I know it needs batteries so I have headed down the rabbit hole you all have.
  7. T

2023 Cobra AIR-X Lineup

Is there any suggestion that the 2023 version of this is any improvement on the 22? The pricing on the older version is very intriguing and I haven't read anything that suggests performance improvement over earlier models.
  8. T

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

I feel like I have become a good enough iron player to graduate from t300 to t200, especially given that the 350 is playing towards the t400 crowd (I don't like the feel or offset of the 400), hate giving up the forgiveness, but looks like it's time....
  9. T

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

If anyone could compare the feel of the 350 vs last seasons 300, I'd be grateful.
  10. T

Getting fit for AMT shafts

So much like you I am oversensitive to differences in club weight. I can tell if a club set is properly swing weighted or not. It's annoying, I wish I didn't. That said, I am absolutely convinced a lot of it (for me) is between the ears. If I believe in what I am doing, it tends to work. If I...
  11. T

AutoFLex Shaft

So I bought the shaft without it being fit and did not find any particular gains with it on either a dispersion or distance POV. I then went to a driver fitting and as a last selection grabbed it and paired it with a couple different heads. With the right pairing (for me TSR2), all of a sudden...
  12. T

Tour Event 2023 RBC Heritage

I'll give cantlay this. To know he is literally crapping all over his competitors with his pace and completely able to ignore it is a remarkable amount of self involvement.
  13. T

Sam Bennett is a problem

I have a phrase I use when playing with newer golfers - there is no such thing as a bad golfer, just slow ones. Slow golf is the single thing that can ruin the great roll that golf has been on in the last several years. It starts with the obnoxious pre-shot routines that teachers push out to...
  14. T

Callaway Paradym Irons

Played the core irons all weekend on very soft New England greens in 50 degree weather. So I have no idea how these things play outside distance-wise, as the ball wasn't going anywhere. That said, these things spin fine. There was nothing unusual or concerning about the ball flight I saw. They...
  15. T

Callaway Paradym Irons

I think I'd be willing to play a higher spin ball to gain the forgiveness and height of these irons. Just need to do some testing to figure out which balls would be better.
  16. T

Callaway Paradym Irons

My guess is that it may be necessary to play these bent weak in order to soften the spin issue but will be interesting to see how these things play on the course
  17. T

Callaway Paradym Irons

Spent some good time with these at the local golf store today. They are impressive, the things really go. Only hesitation is the spin numbers were very low, obviously it's mats and range balls and inside, so who knows what they'd really do outdoors, plus obviously the lofts are on the lower...
  18. T

Your Chances of Hitting the 17th Green at TPC Sawgrass

I've played it twice and I'm 1/2 from 125-130. It's a very small green in person.
  19. T

Callaway Paradym Irons

The problem in fitting is I always swing well on mats indoors. It's outdoors forgiveness off shaky lies.... Very hard to replicate in fitting. Every iron is high and straight out of the middle. But yes your point is taken well.
Back