Search results for query: *

1. AHacker'sHacker

Sunscreen Warning

The golfer’s tan thread made me think of a new study my wife mentioned this morning. Apparently there is a new study that shows some of the more popular sunscreens could actually be accelerating cancer… Study: Many Sunscreens May Be Accelerating Cancer Find the best sunscreen for you...
  2. AHacker'sHacker

LPGA & Anheuser-Busch

Interesting, short St. Louis Post Dispatch article on how Anheuser-Busch is using the influx of Asian players to the LPGA to its marketing advantage… LPGA and Anheuser-Busch: An academic look at sports marketing
  3. AHacker'sHacker

Why Aren't Kids Playing Golf

Interesting Wall Street Journal article this weekend on why the number of kids playing golf is shrinking. Golf's Big Problem: No Kids (WSJ) After reading this article it reinforced why I joined the club I did. It has a great junior program with a great executive course that is playable by kids.
  4. AHacker'sHacker

Lefty would welcome an early Masters pairing with Woods…

I think this pairing would be very interesting to watch. Mickelson: Early pairing welcome (ESPN Article)
  5. AHacker'sHacker

FarmLinks at Pursell Farms

Anyone ever been to FarmLinks located in Sylacauga, Alabama? I have a co-worker that is planning a guy’s trip there and I was curious if anyone had played there and if so what you thought about the course and accommodations? FarmLinks at Pursell Farms
  6. AHacker'sHacker

Books that have had an influence on you…

I love to read and avidly read many different genres. I am curious what books the forum members can’t forget or have been influenced by. I put together a quick list below with some notes on several of the books that have been important in my life. • The Bible (The most important and...
  7. AHacker'sHacker

Flavor of Licorice?

The talk about Black Jack gum got me to thinking about licorice. If you could only have one flavor of licorice the rest of your life what would it be? Actual licorice flavored licorice, cherry, strawberry, grape, other? For me it’s a no brainer it would be the black licorice licorice. I...
  8. AHacker'sHacker

Accents

Diane I am not saying this is your mindset but it is similar to the thought process that if you have a Southern accent you must be stupid. I always chuckle when I am involved in a business deal that involves a person from the South and a person from the Northeast. Often you see the...
  9. AHacker'sHacker

How old were you when you started playing and what made you decide to pick up the gre

This may already be a thread but I couldn’t find it. I bought a set of clubs and started playing when I was 31. Before that I had only played once when I was 22. My wife and I decided to start the game together since it was a game we could both play well into our later years. She had...
  10. AHacker'sHacker

Etiquette of playing through?

How do you handle playing situations where the group in front of you is playing slowly? I have always played under the assumption that “playing through” should be offered by the slow group and not have to be asked for. Yesterday, however, I finally had to ask to play through a twosome...
  11. AHacker'sHacker

Recommendation for travel humidor

I am interested in buying a small travel humidor and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a brand/type to purchase? I am looking for something that will hold approximately 10 cigars. Want to be ready for my golf trip in October! :banana::alien2:
  12. AHacker'sHacker

Rawson's prescription for the LPGA

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/e60/columns/story?id=4358982 Rawson's prescription for the LPGA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By Anna Rawson Special to ESPN.com Editor's note: The LPGA is in crisis. The number of tournaments has fallen from...
  13. AHacker'sHacker

Do you remember your first eagle, birdie and par?

Roguepixel’s thread about his first eagle got me to thinking. Can you remember where you got your first eagle, birdie and par? I most definitely do. Didn’t bother including first hole in one since I can’t imagine someone forgetting that one (still looking for mine). :angry:
  14. AHacker'sHacker

Commissioner of the PGA or LPGA?

If the salary was the same would you rather be the commissioner of the PGA or the LPGA at this time in history? It might sound crazy but I think I would pick the LPGA. It would be a very difficult job but I think there is so much potential to grow the popularity of that organization.
  15. AHacker'sHacker

Do you have a right to eat at a restaurant?

The reason I ask is Saint Louis County is considering passing a county wide ban on smoking in restaurants and other public places. I think this is just another way of taking away individual rights and my reasoning is below… To me this is a private property issue and nothing else. I am fine...
  16. AHacker'sHacker

What is your favorite season to play golf?

For some people on this board they won’t appreciate this question as much since their seasons are not as distinct from each other (i.e. FL, TX, AZ, etc) as other regions. My favorite season to play is in the fall when it starts to get a little chilly in the early morning and the leaves are...
  17. AHacker'sHacker

BBQ: Memphis or KC Style

TheGasMan's response on another thread got me to thinking. Do you prefer Memphis (dry rub) or KC (wet) style BBQ? It just depends on the mood I am in. I love both!
  18. AHacker'sHacker

What is your favorite Major?

I tried finding a thread similar to this question and was surprised I couldn’t find one. I probably simply overlooked it and if so I apologize. Here is how I rank the four majors in terms of my viewing preferences… 1) The Masters 2) The Open (this is virtually tied with the Masters, plus I...
  19. AHacker'sHacker

Welcome from Missouri

Count me as a new Missouri contingent as of yesterday.
Back