Search results for query: *

1. amsmith61

FS - Toulon Headcovers

With the Grandaddy and recent threads looking for THP headcovers, it made me realize that I have 2 Toulon headcovers sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Since I have no plans to add a Toulon blade to the bag anytime soon, I think it is only right that I find these a new home. Both covers are...
  2. amsmith61

What is your weather threshold?

Over the weekend a couple of THPers - Canadan, IndySC and myself got together to play a round. I managed to play in the morning that day and there were some off and on showers, but nothing that prevented us from continuing. As we were on the practice green it started to sprinkle, nothing crazy...
  3. amsmith61

#THPCallout GregDan - Purgatory style

It has been discussed through text messages, it has been briefly discussed in the Gauntlet thread, but now it is official. Call it a friendly match, call it some Gauntlet prep, call it a little bit of a Regional Rivalry, but make no mistake about it - this is a #THPCallout. For anyone that wants...
  4. amsmith61

Happy Birthday IceyShanks

Happy Birthday Kyle!! Look forward to celebrating this weekend at the Kickoff Classic!
  5. amsmith61

#THPCallOut T2GRN18 is having a busy day

I am keeping the day busy for you, Kev. I am challenging you to 18 holes, no strokes, no excuses match play. To test yourself, you have to beat the best and I am starting right here with one of the best swings on THP. When: Let's plan for June Where: Oasis Golf Club in Loveland, Ohio So...
  6. amsmith61

Special Birthday wishes for Canadan

Happy Birthday Canadan! Here is a special birthday wish from Roger Cleveland. https://youtu.be/cDv1oddICgQ If mods can help embed the video - thank you!
  7. amsmith61

Course Review: The Trophy Club (Lebanon, IN)

Opened in 1998 the Trophy Club is a Timothy Liddy design, located 15 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Located on 247 acres, in Lebanon, Indiana, the course utilizes Prairie Creek on several holes and helps provide golfers with a tough test. From their website: “The Trophy Club ‘s 18...
  8. amsmith61

Course Review: Plum Creek Golf Club, Carmel, IN

For many, Indiana golf and Pete Dye are as synonymous with each other as when discussing the Hoosier state and basketball. The Pete Dye Trail applicably named after the renowned architect travels throughout the state finding its central hub lying in Hamilton County just northeast of...
  9. amsmith61

Old Ticket Stubs

I was having a conversation on the WNY, Albany thread about an old trilogy of books that McDonalds did on the Super Bowl. I decided to go looking for them and during my search I found ticket stubs that I have saved throughout the years. I have been very fortunate to see some great games in some...
  10. amsmith61

In Raleigh/Durham area, November 13-17th

Going to be in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area from November 13-17th and wanted to see if any THPers in the area would interested in playing a round over that weekend. I am going to be working in my friend's golf shop during the week, but thought it would be fun to meetup with a few THPers in the...
  11. amsmith61

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Over the last month we have had some fantastic outings - Arrowhead, Mill Creek and Conklin Players Club. Miss Kitty has moved from house to house - no innuendos suggested. Now as we enter the winter months (gulp), we need to continue to keep in contact regarding future outings, our off-season...
  12. amsmith61

Mill Creek Golf Course: Play hole #8

Have seen a few of these threads lately and have absolutely loved reading everyone's different approach to the hole given the yardage, layout, etc. Yesterday during our round at Mill Creek golf course in Rochester, NY - myself and my playing partners ( ddec and Shankasorous) thought that the...
  13. amsmith61

2013 Footjoy Contour Casual Design for a Player Contest

I had this e-mail pop up on my inbox and figured I would share it. Footjoy is having a contest with their 2013 Casual Contours that at least in my mind - is a lot of fun. You select a player from a list of Footjoy sponsored players and create a pair of Contours specifically for that player. If...
  14. amsmith61

Going the extra mile - Kentwool Socks

So many times, we share our bad experiences with customer service whether it is at a store or customer service on the phone. It is easy to do and understandable. Nobody wants friends or other customers to experience the same poor service that they encountered. One of the many things that I have...
  15. amsmith61

Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Thanks to our man Jimmy Sheflin "Six4three5" for getting the original WNY/NWPA thread started, but we are expanding. Welcome our THP friends from the north and other surrounding areas. This isa place to talk golf courses, talk about our rounds for the week, frustrations, talk story and even...
  16. amsmith61

Kentwool's Augusta Sock

Not sure how people have seen these yet, but Kentwool socks have released their "Augusta sock" bearing the colors of you guessed - the Masters. If you like to walk the course and have never tried Kentwool Socks, I highly recommend them as they are great on the feet. They are a little pricey...
  17. amsmith61

Charleston, South Carolina golf courses

Good morning all! I am getting out of the snow in a couple of weeks and heading to Charleston, South Carolina for a week with friends. With friends in the North Carolina area, I am very familiar with the course in that area, but not in South Carolina. I am aware of Kiawah Island and Wild Dunes...
  18. amsmith61

New Hacker from Rochester, NY

Happy New Year all! Signed up for THP earlier this week and still figuring the website out. This is my first thread so bear with me. Live in Rochester, NY and will not be playing any golf for the next couple of months thanks to Old Man Winter. I am actually heading to Charleston, SC in about 3...
Back