Search results for query: *

1. Jmk202

Solar System for our Home

The wife and I are considering adding a solar system to our home. Who's done it? or considering it? Any lessons learned or things you'd wish you'd know in advance? For us its conversation about increasing our energy independence (Texas power grid is fun), but also doing what we can to generate...
  2. Jmk202

Golf Trip To Hilton Head Island

Not bragging, but too excited to keep it to myself. Each year the wife and I do a week long beach/golf trip with some of both of our families, but obviously that didn't happen last year. We've typically done Kiawah Island, but this year (knock on wood) we are book into HHI starting this...
  3. Jmk202

More Asher ABGC slots

Asher has opened up 250 more slots for their glove subscription Asher ABGC. I have a few of their gloves and have really enjoyed them, as high quality products. I'm going to give the club a try and see how it works. Could be one of those items where the financials just break even or get...
  4. Jmk202

Weekend Match With College Friend & THPer

Headed out to San Antonio this weekend for two rounds with one of my best friends @Lefty Moonshot ! We've got our Saturday round set up at The Quarry and our Sunday round set up at TPC Oaks Course. We haven't decided all the formats yet but we'll make it simple who comes away with the most...
  5. Jmk202

Gift guide advise

My mother was asking me earlier about what types of golf things I want/need for the holidays. What types of things are on your gift list this year? Yes, I realize this thread could have been multi purpose if I'd posted before the secret Santa exchange, but oh well. So far I thinking of...
  6. Jmk202

What's your favorite Major?

Which do you get the most excited about? Means the most to you, or favorite to follow?
  7. Jmk202

Anyone have an awesome wine cellar?

I've see some awesome putting greens and sims posted, but does anyone have a awesome, or functional wine cellar? Living in Houston I'm perpetually stymied about building one in my current residence, so I'm stuck with the stand alone plug in wine coolers/cellars. Got one? Show us!
  8. Jmk202

Observation of challenging green at the Houston Open

This year I volunteered for ShotLink at the Houston Open and was stationed at the #13 green all 4 Days. This was a very cool experience to watch pros play a very challenging green up close, so I figured I'd make a post that highlights some of my observations. The hole was extremely challenging...
  9. Jmk202

WTB Loft and Lie Machine

I Know this is a LONG shot, but if you've got a Loft & Lie machine that you don't use much let me know. Might be interested in taking it off your hands.
  10. Jmk202

Morgan Cup Flat Sticks

As we all finalize our bag I'm interested in seeing what flat stick everyone is rolling. Respond here and I'll update the OP for everyone. Team Hackers: @OITW -- Bettinardi Queen B #9 @H8tobogie -- TaylorMade Tour Spider @baylrballa -- SWAG Handsome One Oil Slick @Parrot -- Toulon Palm Beach...
  11. Jmk202

The Chronicle of the 4th floor office build

I made a post a few days back about the office I was considering building in our unfinished space. The Wife and I have decided to pull the trigger and do it, so I figured I'd post the chronicle here for anyone that is incredibly bored and to receive the heckling from the sofa contractors among...
  12. Jmk202

Name My Fantasy Team

I'm soon to be the League One Champion but figured I open up the naming of my team to the people. I've got a few of my top ones in the poll but feel free to comment with additional names.
  13. Jmk202

On the off chance this means Tiger's retirement...

Some, hopefully meaningless, speculation has pointed out that Phil's 'Tiger appreciation' tweet may have been an insider tip on the Big Cat's pending retirement. While I doubt it and hope it is inaccurate, what would be next for Tiger. Would he sail into the sunset on his sizable earnings? Get...
  14. Jmk202

How do you pick your gamer?

I know many of you have multiple putters, and thanks to y'all and this lovely forum I now am in the same boat. I've ever only had one putter at a time so picking a gamer is easy, however with my incredibly privileged Mystery Grab Bag winning of a Spider X, my BB 40 now has a challenger. So...
  15. Jmk202

Getting ready to DIY finish an unfinished space in our house, what should I know?

We've been in our 1st home for a little over 2 years now and we're thinking its time to finish our unfinished space on the 4th floor! We've got a tall narrow house in the city with a 4th floor comprised of a rooftop patio (firepit, gril, etc.), unfinished but framed room, and our attic/utility...
  16. Jmk202

WTB Indoor Putting Mat

Looking to buy a lightly used indoor putting mat for some freshly reclaimed space in my office. If you have one and not using it as much as you thought let me know.
  17. Jmk202

LIVE UPDATE THREAD JMK202's Superbowl

This year marks the 3rd year my father-in-law has invited me to play in his Member Guest. While in many senses this is just another member guest I think of it as my Superbowl because it was the first competitive event I'd ever played in and something I generally planed my season around. They...
  18. Jmk202

4 club event tomorrow, ideas?

So I’ve got a 4 club event tomorrow morning. I’m think the following bag but interested in your thoughts and suggestions. 3H -215 yd (Tee shots & putts) 6i - 175 yd 9i - 145 yd 56* - 106 yd (chipping and any approaches under 90yds)
  19. Jmk202

USA returns to manned space flight, TODAY!

Weather dependent, today at 4:33 ET the SpaceX Crew Dragon is schedule to launch persons back to the space station. Its been 9 years since the last space shuttle launch. I'm pretty excited, there are a lot of first and unique opportunities. I think the SpaceX team has done an amazing job...
  20. Jmk202

How often do good golfers (~ <5HC) shape their shots

I've started working the the ball in both directions (mostly intentionally) which is a lot of fun on the range, but my question is geared toward good players how often do you hit a shot shape different than your "stock" shot in a round you care about? I've starting hitting a lil draw to hold...
Back