Search results for query: *

1. C

Soft Wave Therapy

Has anyone tried Soft Wave Therapy? Just came accross this today from an on line post. Would love some relief for chronic knee pain. https://softwaveclinics.com/conditions/knee-pain/
  2. C

Currex GolfPro insoles

Anyone use the Currex GolfPro insoles? Are there any others you'd recommend for extra stability/support? I bought Skechers GoGolf shoes. They are decent. But, they do not have much support.
  3. C

Cruise to Bermuda

Has anyone gone on a cruise to Bermuda? Going this summer on Royal Carribean Vision of the Sea and we get to the Royal Naval Dockyard at 2pm. Hoping to get in 9 holes. Any golf course recommendations? Can I uber it? Is this doable?
  4. C

Phishing Facebook

I clicked on a Phishing email from Facebook falling for the Tragic Accident of a friend. How bad is this? Although, I clicked on the post link, I didn't sign into Facebook. I've changed my email and Facebook passwords. We haven't been saving passwords for banks, investments etc. Ran the Norton...
  5. C

Stable yet comfortable shoe suggestions

I'm looking for a golf shoe that's stable and comfortable. I have an arthritic big toe and need a less flexible shoe, maybe in the 90-150 price range?
  6. C

Club trade ins at GG, DSG, PGASS

Do you guys trade in your clubs to the major retailers when buying new clubs? The return is really small. As an example, you can get $217 for the Launcher XL Halo irons. Is it worth it? Those that trade in, do you just want to get rid of them to have one less set in the garage or do you prefer...
  7. C

Arms swing, turning more

I'm trying to add more turn in my backswing. Basically, if I just swing, my arms and hands just folds in the backswing. If I try to turn my shoulders then hips it's only a little bit better. Thoughts? Any suggestions or drills that would help?
  8. C

AI - real or marketing?

It seems with every new club release, the OEM talks about their AI. Is this real? Is it a stroke saver or just marketing hype?
  9. C

Hilton Head - Vacasa condo rental

Going to HHI for the holidays and looking for a condo rental (or hotel) and was curious if anyone has rented directly through Vacasa. Their cancellation policy is rather vague (Partial refund if you cancel your reservation at least 30 days prior to check-in.) Where other companies or...
  10. C

Miami Beach and area courses

Going to Miami Beach at the end of the month. The courses on the beach are at least, $110.00 per round. Any suggestions inland, in the $65.00-$85.00 per round range that is not a dog track? There are a few in Ft. Lauderdale that meet this criteria, was just hoping for something more local to Miami.
  11. C

FL Condo rental recommendation for a vacation

Can someone recommend a FL Condo with a golf course view to rent for a week? Something like Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head would be ideal.
  12. C

question on ping alta cb 65 red fairway wood shaft

Does this shaft fit with a Ping G400 3 wood? https://www.2ndswing.com/accessories/fairway-wood-shafts/ping-alta-cb-65-red-fairway-wood-shaf
  13. C

Help me understand grinds please

Rather than threadjack the what's your favorite grind, I'd first like to get a better understanding grinds. If I tend to be steep and hit a chip or pitch fat. What type of grind do I need? Where is the relief and what are the popular models to address this with?
  14. C

Can not get my hands up in the backswing

I hope you guys can help me troubleshoot the problem. I can not get my hands up in the backswing. My hands/arms get stuck and stop short of parallel. This is an old problem. In the past, I would stop and just collapse my hands/arms to get to the top. Which wasn't great either. But, as a senior...
  15. C

Pulling in the downswing

Does anyone pull their hands/arms in the downswing? I know it's against conventional wisdom as it steepens the club. But, as a higher capper and Sr golfer, it gives me some added power in my swing. The only downside is, I occasionally let my right arm/hand take over and the result is a weak shot.
  16. C

Anyone else struggle with a high bounce sand wedge?

I've tired all of the high handicap sand wedges, Tour Edge 1 out, Cleveland Smart Sole and Callaway Mack Daddy and I am struggling just to get out of the traps lately. Anyone else have difficulty with high bounce wedges? Did you switch to a low bounce wedge and has it helped? Also, it seems...
  17. C

Halo XL Driver

Has anyone gamed the Halo XL Driver? It seems the irons, hybrids and fairways have received the most attention. I was curious what are the reviews of anyone who has gamed the driver? I believe there is a standard, draw and lite version.
  18. C

Broke the shaft on my driver

Today, I broke the shaft on my driver. It was an old D100 driver. My wife recently broke the shaft on one of her irons. Both clubs were old, about 15 plus years. It made me think, how often have you guys broken the shaft or sent the club head flying after a full swing? Is this common?
  19. C

Need help with high bounce wedge

As a higher capper, I had been looking for extra help, which I believed to be higher bounce. I think I went too far with the 56 degree Mack Daddy CB with a 14 degree bounce. My misses are all over the place. Chunk it and leave it in the bunker, thin it-keeping it in the bunker and hit it over...
  20. C

Royal Grip deal

Good price on these. https://www.golfworks.com/royal-grip-x-treme-v-golf-grip-buy-6-get-6/p/rg0005z/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=_mQi45vZdAkt-tN-qSkKTZIYaQxwz8i4o5rRJQ8QuzA%3D.QZzKQt
Back