Search results for query: *

1. lazychicken

TL;DR - I changed how I hold the club and it made a big difference :-)

I was doing a little searching and stumbled onto a poll from last month where someone was asking what swing grip style everyone uses. I started to post this in that thread, but it seemed like maybe it should stand alone as it's own topic. I've used an interlock grip pretty much since I've been...
  2. lazychicken

What happened to the Bushnell Tour V5 Slim?

What happened to the Bushnell Tour V5 Slim (and the Shift version)? I'm in the market for a new rangefinder and have been reading up on the available options. I'm interested in the Tour V5 Shift. But the Tour V5 and Tour V5 Shift have been out for a few years which led me to wonder if there was...
  3. lazychicken

Range mat "tees"

As with most golf courses in America, Covid brought a massive increase in membership and rounds-played at my club. This put a ton of stress on the course, but also on the driving range. We have a great range with natural grass on it, but the enormous usage increase really took its toll and the...
  4. lazychicken

Broken iron shaft...where??

So this happened. This is my Callaway Apex 19 4-iron. I hadn’t hit it in awhile but I always liked the feel of it. I’ve been experimenting with a 4 hybrid and I can’t have both in the bag so this one hadn’t seen much use lately. I pulled it just for fun during a range session on Friday. The...
  5. lazychicken

Does your annual golf trip with your buddies have a trophy?

Thanks to COVID, our annual golf trip got cancelled. It is an annual event that has been going on for nearly 40 years. One of our buddies has been involved with it for decades, and invited a few us to go along with the other group maybe 5 years ago. Since that time, our groups' attendance at the...
  6. lazychicken

Broken ECCO - My favorite golf shoes died

These were by far the best golf shoes I've ever worn - The ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 BOA. I've had them about a year, still trying to hunt down the exact date. But two days ago while I was on the driving range warming up, I turned the BOA dial to make them snug like I always I do, and this happened...
  7. lazychicken

Cap Patrol - New system to out HC sandbaggers ??

Just read an article about a new system called Cap Patrol that is designed to give club handicap and tournament committees data about their players that would out sandbaggers. Apparently it uses algorithms against your GHIN data, but I'm not 100% sure what it looks for. It says there are 5...
  8. lazychicken

Obnoxious playing partner

Sometimes you get to the course and your buddy is suddenly that obnoxious dude who just rolls up casually with the entire suite of new Callaways and says something like “Yeah, I couldn’t use the real headcovers til today because we had to keep them hidden up until the actual release day”. ...
  9. lazychicken

The shaft matters...who knew??

I recently learned what many of you have been saying for a long time: The shaft matters. I'll be honest, I knew there were lots of technical differences and tons of super-special engineering in these things, but I didn't think any of that would matter to *ME* with *MY* mediocre amateur swing...
  10. lazychicken

My Sick Spider Ninja Moves - Embarrassing Story

This past weekend I was playing as a single at my home club. The beginning of my round started out a little cool so I had been wearing a pullover. But I quickly removed it and threw it in the cart basket. Later in the round, as I stood on the #15 tee box waiting for the group ahead of me to...
  11. lazychicken

Why I hate playing alone

I hate playing alone. There are two reasons for this. The first is just simply needing another set of eyes to track where my ball went down. I can always see it in flight just fine, but my aging eyes don’t always see it down. Usually it’s fine when I’m on my own, it’s just a tad bit more...
  12. lazychicken

Sharing a great experience - Maple Hill Golf

I just had a really good customer service experience with Maple Hill Golf (www.maplehillgolf.com) and wanted to share. Over Christmas break I bought a dozen Wilson Staff Duo Optix balls at PGASS and ended up really liking playing with them. They were $16.99/doz which was a great price point...
  13. lazychicken

Golf vs. Marriage - The Dilemma

Let me start by clarifying, I've been married long enough to know the right answer here. I'm just venting about the problem because you all will understand. :) My wife is the founder and executive director of a non-profit in our area. They've been around for 10 years and they do a lot of good...
  14. lazychicken

Need quick help: Best courses in Zurich?

Hello - Can anyone help me identify the better courses in Zurich, Switzerland? I need to set up a tee time for this Saturday and I'm not sure where to book. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Mark
  15. lazychicken

How do warranties usually work for broken shafts?

Back in May I stepped up to a tee box, leaned over to put my tee in the ground, and heard a crunching noise from the driver in my other hand. I wasn't leaning on it, just had my hand on it to keep it upright with the club head on the ground, like we've all done a million times. The crunching...
  16. lazychicken

Callaway Golfit HR Band...?

Has anyone tried the Callaway Golfit HR Band yet? It is a GPS watch/fitness band somewhat similar to Garmin's Approach X40. It looks like it came out this year (2017) but I can't find any reviews. My Fitbit is about to die and my golf GPS watch is aging. I sure wouldn't mind combining the two...
  17. lazychicken

(Shameless plug) DFW folks - 10/23 charity golf event at Stonebridge - Dye Course

DFW Area THP'ers: My wife runs a charity here in Collin County, and we are holding our 7th annual golf event next week. We only have a couple foursomes still available, but I wanted to throw it out here anyway to see if anyone was interested in playing. We are holding at the Stonebridge Ranch...
  18. lazychicken

Took the Scotty out of my bag today...

Last year I began struggling with putting. To be fair, I was struggling with several other major aspects of my game but at that time I decided to focus on putting. I was gaming my 2007-ish Ping G5i CRAZ-E and it just wasn't working for me. So I did what a lot of amateur golfers do and spent a...
  19. lazychicken

Annoyed by arbitrary course closing time (while it's still light out)...

I played a round this afternoon/evening at a nearby course in Frisco. We were a threesome and I had booked the 4:30pm tee time on GolfNow last night for this course which I had only played once before. The course was predictably busy for a beautiful Sunday afternoon, but not awful. We were...
Back