Search results for query: *

1. S

Controversial bag Change?

I've kind of had it with my Metals/woods. I'm incredibly inconsistent with them, even though I'd say its a majority of my practice time spent with them. I'm thinking about replacing my Driver with a Driving iron, and leaving both the Driver and 3wood at home. Not really sure which set up I'd...
  2. S

Light bulb moments

Every year, living in nebraska (and I'm sure a lot of northern brethren) I basically put my clubs away from October to April, outside of putting on my mat. In December a company opened up a 24/7 golf simulator club with incredibly reasonable membership fees. As a night shift nurse I've been able...
  3. S

Birthday traditions?

Today is my birthday and when I wake up in 5 hours I have 36 holes between two different courses on opposite ends of the city. This is my 4th year in a row playing 36 holes on my birthday so consider it my tradition. Just curious if anyone else does something similar, or even the exact same thing?
  4. S

Course architecture book recs?

I’ve been reading a lot of golf books lately. couple that with all my recent golf travel I’ve been wanting to get into reading more in-depth about golf course architecture. Any good starting points that people would recommend?
  5. S

3rd times the charm.

Growing up the dream was always to game a Scotty Cameron putter, At least mine was. Beautiful blade putters just what shows people you’re a true golfer. Well ignorance was bliss. After failing with a Newport 2.5 detour and a 2018 Newport i decided it just wasn’t for me. Earlier this year I went...
  6. S

Dallas/ Fw golf recommendations

So my first golf trip was a great success. I’m looking at heading down to Dallas because I discovered how cheep it is to fly there and with everything I purchased for my travel set up it’s just too easy to use I might as well. I want to try and play 36 holes in one day, but if I get 18 at a...
  7. S

Driver tinkering

Just wanted some thoughts on potential next steps. 3 years ago when I was still in my golf technology infancy I went into golf galaxy and was determined to get fit into the latest and greatest of today's driver technology. At that time I had been swinging a titleist 913d2 13.5*. Many many years...
  8. S

Travel newbie

Hey everyone, a couple of years ago I took a trip to Vegas at the time, I thought it would be cool to rent some brand new clubs, play on a course and it would all kinds of fun. What ended up happening is I didn't get the right set of clubs to rent, the round was terrible and I ended up quitting...
  9. S

Golf/yardage watch

Had my car broken into 2 nights ago. A little damage to the stuff inside,but luckily nothing too important was stolen(like my clubs). I had left my Garmin approach S20 in the center console that was stolen(including two gym bags). I was leaning towards just getting another one but wanted to...
  10. S

Putter fitting question

Went and got a putter fitting today at club champion. But I couldn’t decide between three putters. SIK flo SIK DW Bettinardi queen Bee #6 Starting to research the three, and make some decisions but curious what you guys think. Anyone roll these, bought one but wasn’t happy etc?
  11. S

For Sale FS: ER5 hatchback and Scotty Cameron select Newport

I’ll be purchasing some new irons in the near future and want to atleast offset the cost a little. Evnroll ER5 hatchback - has 3 rounds and a few+ mat sessions on it. Looking for 225 OBO shipped to conus. Comes with accompanying Evnroll headcover and ballmarker.35” Scotty Cameron Select...
  12. S

New clubs vs new shafts

So when I got back into golf 4ish years ago I went about things the differently as how I would now. I went to golf galaxy and got “fit” for the irons I’m in. Which was essentially we pulled everything off the wall that I was comfortable price wise and I picked what I liked hitting the best. And...
  13. S

WTB WTB Scotty cameron blade cover

I've been searching a lot for head covers over the past couple of days. I came across one that had slots for a cameron divot tool. It was like an orange or yellow color. Can't seem to find it again, but I was hoping maybe has one sitting around in a darker color. I have a fairly significant...
  14. S

For Sale FS Bettinardi putter basically new.

Bought(online) this for myself as a Christmas gift, always wanted to add a Bettinardi to my collection. When I unboxed it I didn't like the grip, no big deal figured I'd swap it out for a superstroke/flux/garson etc. It was new when I purchased it and I've hit maybe 10 putts with it indoors, it...
  15. S

Sioux city iowa courses.

I'll be in town this weekend and was curious on what courses I should check out. Thanks everyone.
  16. S

Titleist tour practice

Anyone have any idea which ball in the titleist lineup these are closest to? prov1, prov1x, avx, tour soft, nxt tour s(rip), velocity, dt trusoft. or are they something completely different? They started popping up in the "hunter" balls at walmart.
  17. S

FS/FT Adila Rogue 95 msi 85h 2.8 stiff

I’ll throw up photos later if there is interest. I bought a used club recently with this shaft. Didn’t like the feel of it, and replaced it with my usual Mitsubishi shaft. So I just have the extra shaft that I’m not going to use. Not sure on how to even price it. Open to listening to trades as...
  18. S

WTB: Mizuno MP 67 iron set.

The mizuno MP 67 set is probably my favorite looking set of irons ever made. I've always wanted a set but only recently have I decided that I was going to try and track one down. Obviously since its a much older set, tracking down a used set in decent condition has been a little harder. I...
  19. S

Hey guys, need a Rec for a Vegas course.

Going to be in Vegas the rest of this week. Gonna try and squeeze in 9 or 18 while I’m there. Couple stipulations - would like it to be closer to the strip. - am tee times a plus - need to be able to rent clubs, didn’t plan far enough ahead to bring my clubs and also think it would be fun to...
  20. S

Which option should I choose?

So I’m going to get myself one new option for the bag within the next week or so. But I can’t choose which would be the best. Should I get fitted for a new shaft for my Titleist 913d2. When I built it last year I just picked the cheapest prolaunch(red) shaft to see it I liked the driver head...
Back