Search results for query: *

1. SunnyWalker

How does your public courses handle slow play

The public course I sometimes (rarely) still play does nothing. They've even let slow pokes stop and have lunch, then butt back in on the 10th tee.
  2. SunnyWalker

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I'm 64 and have an iffy back. I still work on my game as much as my back will allow. Same with the non golf workouts, i do what i can. I realize my physical potential is slipping virtually every day, so I'm just trying to slow the process. I'll probably explore senior shafts this year. Next...
  3. SunnyWalker

Are you stubborn when it comes to change?

I can't even try to putt with something that looks ugly to me. If I like how it looks, I'll switch in a heart beat. I'm using a new, different style, putter this spring! I've fiddled with my grip a little here and there, but I'm not going to make any radical change, at least not yet.
  4. SunnyWalker

One tip to increase swing speed

I wish I had a good tip... for myself!!! The only thing I could say is you can't (I can't) force speed. Wrists, arms, shoulders need to be relaxed throughout the swing.
  5. SunnyWalker

Confused as to how to improve

Maybe try taking some pressure off of yourself... just hit the wedge from the fairway to the center of the green for awhile, forget flag hunting. Try and get those greenside chips and pitches on the green 10 feet or so, every shot doesnt have to be stone dead. Get some consistent contact then...
  6. SunnyWalker

needs some thoughts and opinions

The pros don't get a 3-4 shot dispersion, you won't either. Try for something more realistic and accept it for what it is. We all have awful days on the course. To be more consistent, I try to.... play one shot at a time and not even think about what my total score is until the round is...
  7. SunnyWalker

Last club to truly surprise you?

Callaway 8, yes 8 hybrid. A friend of mine let me try his after he saw my efforts from a downhill lie with a 6 iron. I hit the 6 iron low and barely made the front edge of the green. I hit the 8 hybrid high with a nice draw over the the green. I was sold! Half of my bag is hybrids now. Some...
  8. SunnyWalker

Lessons and improvement are you willing to put in the time.

I've tried to commit in the past but have more or less given up with lessons. I have an excellent pro and range 10 minutes form my house too, i just can't physically do what he wants me to either in the short game or with the full swing. If I keep struggling with my driver distance, I may seek...
  9. SunnyWalker

Your Last Chip In?

Chipped in for par on what has become my nemesis hole at my home course. Tried to carry the ditch hazard with my drive and didn't make it. Took a drop and hit my hybrid a few steps short of the green. Hit a nice spin and release SW that rolled in like a putt. First chip in this year. My...
  10. SunnyWalker

How Frequently do you Double Bogey?

I have no idea. I try to wipe away any memory of them as quickly as possible. They really really sting though!!!!
  11. SunnyWalker

Do I have a reasonable chance of REALLY improving?

I know I couldn't improve or even stay remotely consistent, practicing only once a week. You can get fit for clubs, get lessons etc, but if you can only spare that much time for practice and play, its unlikely you'll get significantly better. If you could get a club in your hands 4-5 days a...
  12. SunnyWalker

6 hr round

I'd quit. Then I'd Go to the pro shop and try to get some money back and never set foot there again.
  13. SunnyWalker

Bouncing balls onto greens.

My home course gets firm enough to play the ball short and let it run up and on at various times throughout the year. I prefer it that way. I can play one or two less clubs into most greens so all i have to do is get my landing spot reasonably correct. I could still try and land it on the green...
  14. SunnyWalker

Are You Happy With Your Swing?

Meh...5... I guess. The only thing wrong with my swing, is that its too short and too slow. :( I'm 64 and the distance I hit my irons has fallen off noticeably the last few years. If I try to get longer with my back swing, I just mishit it more. Injuries and overall lack of flexibility...
  15. SunnyWalker

If you had 12/18 GIR, what would your score be?

Really depends on how badly I missed the 6 greens and how well I recovered. If I bogey all 6 missed greens, I'd say my average would be +4 for the round
  16. SunnyWalker

If you could improve an area of your game by 10%….???

If I hit my drives 10% farther or 20+ yards, I'd hit more greens, a lot more greens so I know my score would go down.
  17. SunnyWalker

Is Your Short Game in Line With Your HC?

I don't keep stats, but I often replay the round on my way home. I go over drives, GIR, up and downs... I guess on the days when I shot a score that counts towards my hdcp, I'm pretty close to what the chart says. If I'm shooting over 79-80, I'm not even close
  18. SunnyWalker

Practice....

In season I practice nearly every day, 90% maybe, that weather permits and I'm not playing. Off season, I practice in the basement 4-5 days out of 7
  19. SunnyWalker

Music on the course

I find it distracting
  20. SunnyWalker

What are your deadly mistakes?

Reaching for the ball. I tend to do this with the driver and it leads to a mishit. Also, do it sometimes with pitching and chipping and then the heel digs....chunk. In my iron play, sometimes my hands get too far back, kind of even with the ball, which leads to the club face pointing left at...
Back