Search results for query: *

1. M

All Things Being Equal…..

As an older rather short hitter, I’ve always laughed at the comment, “All things being equal, longer drives will result in lower scores.” Statically, over a broad range of data, I believe the statement to be true. Applied to a specific individual and this crazy game we play, I was never sure it...
  2. M

Review Caddytrek R2 Electric Cart Review

With the Black Friday Sales going on decided to pull the trigger on an electric push cart. My priorities were ease of use, durability, easy setup, price. While most of the electric push carts meet those priorities, well most all, except price; the Caddytrek met them all, plus had follow...
  3. M

Are Demo Days Finally Back?

My club had an in house demo day last week. And as I hear it another next month with a good number of the OEMs represented. How I love getting out and hitting everything I can. On the driver side, Hit the new Epic Speed. Loved it. Great sound and ball flight. The Epic Max, not for me. Two...
  4. M

PXG Fitting Today

Had been very curious about the PXG line, especially with their Hero’s Pricing. Probably not the smarted to schedule it on a day when I play a weekly scramble in 95* heat. Joseph had me warm up with my7 iron (JPX900HM) to set a baseline. As I had p,aged in the morning, I was warmed up pretty...
  5. M

What Equipment Are You Seeing In Other’s Bags

With recent discussions on equipment movement/impact, I thought it would be interesting to hear what you’re seeing in others bags. Is a specific brand or model standing out? Are the majority playing the latest, or is the tried and true still in their bags? For example, with drivers, it’s quite...
  6. M

Half The Weight - Twice The Energy

I guess I should preface that I’m 65 and virtually ride all the time. My club has stayed open through this self isolation period. I also noticed many of my compadres breaking out their stand bags and walking the course, in lieu of riding a sanitized golf cart. I break out my stand bag, load it...
  7. M

Do You Ever AIM For the Bunker?

With several threads lately on the topic of bunker play, I have to wonder do you ever aim for the bunker. You hear about it with the pros fairly often. Last year I played a two day tournament. On Saturday, one particular par 4, bunker front, trouble long. 3H hits front of the green, no...
  8. M

Heading to Hilton Head Island This weekend

Playing a tournament there at Hampton Hall CC and Atlantic Dunes. Any advice, strategy would be greatly appreciated. Playing white tees on both courses. Thanks in advance! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. M

I Can’t Outdrive You, But....

...Maybe I can out think you. I love competing at golf even though I’ll never be a champ or A flight golfer. I simply cannot drive the ball far enough to even reach the green on any hole over 420 normally. In a recent tournament on a very tough golf course, there is hole 11. A gorgeous 277...
  10. M

Are Soft Spike Shoes History?

Was online this morning looking at the state amateur tournaments and noticed several club requiring spikeless shoes only. Are we seeing soft spikes going the way of metal spikes? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. M

Sun Mountain Teton Golf Bag

A little background. Most of the time I ride carts when I play. Occasionally I use my push cart and even more seldom I walk. I’ve had my C130 for ten years and it’s showing it’s age. Plastic tips on the zipper pulls breaking off. And at 63, I find it quite heavy when loaded. So I was looking for...
Back