Search results for query: *

1. Dave G

The 60 and over Thread

Two yrs out of golf because I only played maybe 6 rounds a yr and my swing was GONE - Duh!! A neighbor (come to find out he's a 6 handicaper) kept pestering me to pick it back up so I did. Boy did I stink on that first 9 round. Thankfully he's like me (just younger) and just wants to enjoy...
  2. Dave G

Why do you practice the shots you do when you practice?

I wish that part of this question had included handicap. It'd be interesting to see practice thoughts from scratch -vs- 25 cap. I'm a 29 handicap. My driver and iron practice is strictly limited to keeping it in the fairway. I now worry less about distance because of my age and ability. Shot...
  3. Dave G

Shot Scope V3 vs Pro LX+

V3. No tagging. Attached to me so never lost. Light and comfortable on the wrist. (I was a diver and could no longer use my light weight Titanium Citizen when golfing). Two consecutive 18 hole rounds with no power problems.
  4. Dave G

USGA Course Length Recommendation

I play My two home courses from the yellow T's which are 4970 & 5 140 yds and my Shot Scope says that my Longest, P-Average and Average drive is 190, 174 and 153. Admittedly my drives are short but if I'm playing at my speed I'll rarely hold anyone up.
  5. Dave G

Missing Fairways, Greens, or Putts?

You know, I voted putt but in thinking about it, it's actually fairways. My Penalties are always off the T or lost ball fairway wood shots.
  6. Dave G

What did you shoot today?

51/48: 99 Too many penalties. You can skip the rest of my post as it's my Rant of the day... Today I got scheduled as a filler to a threesome. I was the best golfer by score (102 105 & 105) so that tells you how the course of play was right? No! These guys were yacking it up way too much. By...
  7. Dave G

🤷🏼‍♂️ What’s the story behind your screen name and avatar?

Dave G. Boring!!! First name last name initial. My email is much more descriptive. carvengolf, carvendive... I use my past jobs and hobbies. I do LOTS of European style hand carving and then add in my hobbies.
  8. Dave G

Cheating in league

The following is just my opinion. A cheater is a cheater... No matter what you say, IMO, they won't change. That said, If I'm really PO'ed I might pull them aside and say something like... "I think you might have been playing a bit too much by yourself where it's easy to adjust your shots. But...
  9. Dave G

Targeting drill?

Wow, I did a 3 hr chip/pitch practice today and implemented a variation of your suggestion. It REALLY helped my targeting!!! Then I placed a T at the landing point (of the arch of the ball prior to roll-out) that really increased accuracy!
  10. Dave G

Targeting drill?

No, but my off the T could improve and yes, I'd like to be closer to the hole. Too often I'm 45'.
  11. Dave G

Targeting drill?

This is probably my error. I just recently started taking a practice swing at setup. (I use to always feel rushed). So I'm sure this should be done just before taking your actual stroke. Do you also do it repetitively in a driving range setting?
  12. Dave G

Targeting drill?

Yes, I'm definitely pleased with the numbers but even though the approach is good it's setting up too many long putts. I do a lot (again, for my expectations) of 3 putts and feel if I could tighten the scatter I'd improve my putting numbers.
  13. Dave G

Targeting drill?

I'm at the point where I'm consistently striking the ball. I have a consistent setup. But (to me) my scatter pattern is in need of work. According to my ShotScope, off the T I'm 14% left, 57% center and 29% right. Approach is 9% left and 5% right. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my swing...
  14. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

Finally broke 100 today with a 95. 1. I'm using a new ShotScope v3 so now I know distances to targets. 2. I've been doing a lot more pitch and chip practice. 3. I FINALLY got the hang of using my 60° lob so I'm getting a lot more 1&2 putts. 4. I'm concentrating on slowing my swing on holes 10-18.
  15. Dave G

What did you shoot today?

49/46 - 95 today. I'm using my new ShotScope V3 and it's the first time I have something telling me distances - Love it! I finally got comfortable with my 60° today and boy did that help my putting - a LOT more 1&2 putts. I've also been practicing more pitch and chipping. All together this gave...
  16. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

Maybe from somewhat of a different reason but I was having slice issues and went to a strong grip -seeing 4 knuckles. It got rid of the slice but also brought more iron control. Basically palm down like you suggested.
  17. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

Contact SS customer service and have them update the course. Within 48hrs you'll be able to update it on your watch.
  18. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

I/QUOTE="tehuti, post: 10726341, member: 46480"] Fatigue maybe? I know that I tend to fall apart on the back nine way too often. I think it may be fatigue. I usually don’t eat anything and only drink a little water during the round. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I snack and hydrate.
  19. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

Went back and reviewed both rounds and found a 5 & 6 hole pattern AND a very telling GIR. Lots of GIR's on the front 9 and little to no GIR's on the back 9's. I know it's mental. I'm the highest 'cap in the 4som. I start off with a nice relaxed tempo and by hole 6 or 7 I think I'm over...
  20. Dave G

Trying to Break 100

Yeah, what's the deal with the turn? Last two rounds I shot a 48/53 (101) and a 45/58 (103). A 5 to 13 stroke difference. The 103 had a two stroke penalty. Maybe I just need to start playing 9 ;-)
Back