Search results for query: *

1. Dave G

Targeting drill?

I'm at the point where I'm consistently striking the ball. I have a consistent setup. But (to me) my scatter pattern is in need of work. According to my ShotScope, off the T I'm 14% left, 57% center and 29% right. Approach is 9% left and 5% right. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my swing...
  2. Dave G

Golf Pad question

I don't have a phone with NFC but ordered the tags - whoops! Then I thought... Why not buy a cheap phone with NFC and no phone card. Load Golf Pad on it and just use it for golf. So, have any of you done this and if so what phone do you recommend and why?
  3. Dave G

Which Tee box?

The last post (at this writing) in the "Trying to break 100" thread brings up a point. I'm 65+'ish. If I drive from the White I'm going to shoot around 100, from the Gold I'll be mid-upper 80's. I've been playing the gold, thinking age and my short drives (150-200 yds). 1. What determines...
  4. Dave G

Seeing the break.

I'm going to say that it's been just recently that I've started to actually see the path that the ball is going to follow on it's way to the hole. I'm at my 80th (9 hole) round. How long did it take for you?
  5. Dave G

Ultimate alignment?

I'm having issues with my vision. Do any of you have any experience with swingsurgeon.com - ultimate alignment. (not sure if I'm allowed to post other site references here so if it's taboo just delete it). At any rate, if you have vision problems and have purchased the video, was it helpful or...
  6. Dave G

How long after retinal surgery?

How long after retinal pucker surgery before you could return to golf? Did bright sunlight cause any problems?
  7. Dave G

Side hill?

By side hill I mean up hill, down hill and up and down side hill. I know some targeting tips for side hill like open and close stance / club face but the problem for me is toped or fat hits. I've tried choking up for balls above my feet and going with longer clubs for balls below my feet but so...
  8. Dave G

What do you do before you take a swing?

I'd like to hear from other what routine you use and how it helped. :brb: Here's mine. I'm not a good golfer and I'm definitely not an instructor but I've noticed that motion practice is helping me with consistency. It also helped me with the dreaded first tee shot. I use to take a practice...
  9. Dave G

Wrist release question.

I didn't want to post this in "ball strike then divot" but the contents of that thread is the reason for the question. My iron distance is short. I believe they have lots of spin based on rollout. Also, I usually hit them fat - which I think is due to ball position. Last night (using my net) I...
  10. Dave G

Golfing with my wife.

Golfing with my wife. Of the 70+ 9 hole rounds I've been able to play so far this year at least 60 have been with my wife. She's improving at a slower rate than I am but she is not at all athletic so I didn't expect her to Excell at this - but she is. I have to say that her progress compared...
  11. Dave G

Going from hate to love

What club is it for you? Do you have a club that really surprised you. When I got my new clubs I HATED my fairway woods. Rather than use one I'd opt for my hybrid 5 and suffer with the yardage loss. My instructor told me to drop a second ball on slow courses and at least give it a try. Well, it...
  12. Dave G

Distance question

When I started, I was placing my ball under my left eye for all shots except driver and putter. It has really helped build hand eye to where I rarely top or trench. Problem is that my irons are not that distant IMO. Yesterday I moved the ball back and it got the iron distance to increase by 20...
  13. Dave G

Club distance selection

Just curious... I have tracked all of my club distances so I know my longest, shortest and average for each club. When I select a club I usually base my selection on longest. For clubs 9, P, G, S, L that works. Everything from 8 up I'm usually short, sometimes on and never over. It's finally...
  14. Dave G

Golf balls - feel vs no feel?

I've now been playing long enough that I definitely feel the difference between low and high end balls. Hitting range balls with irons feels like hitting rocks. But I'll be darned if I can tell any difference between $18-45 balls. So my question is: What's your handicap and Honestly, can you...
  15. Dave G

Women's wide golf shoes?

My wife is having a hard time finding a golf shoes that is comfortable. Foot joy, Sketchers and New Balance are all causing numbness. We're thinking she may have to use a non-golf shoe. Any women out there with a recommendation?
  16. Dave G

Driver slice

I can hit every club in my bag straight except for my driver - why is that? 30+ yard slices. Remove the T, move the ball back to under my left eye bring out my 3 wood and what do you know, straight (most of the time). Even when I'm on with my driver (able to target a tree at 200 yds with about...
  17. Dave G

Putting strategy question

Thankfully this doesn't happen often but I play this one hole... When it's dry the thing has a slope to it that always causes the ball to roll off no matter where you land. With normal or wet you can get a ball to stick on the lower 1/6th (think a slice of pie). When I miss and put it on the...
  18. Dave G

At what point did golf go from frustration to fun for you?

Yeah I know I was way too focused on improving my game but that's just me. Now that I'm pretty consistently shooting in the mid low 80's the frustration is gone and I'm having fun. (Especially with my short game) Taking 4 shots to reach the green on a par 4 or5 and that topping and trenching...
  19. Dave G

Stabilizing the putter

I have a Service related injury. I have CNS damage that still provides me with Tremors and muscle spasms. Ok USGA says I can't anchor the putters shaft. Any suggestions? Mind you I can't eat Sunny side eggs for the shaking.
  20. Dave G

Disability and Golf

I'd like to start a thread where those of us with disabilities can share tips and tricks that have helped reduce the disability's impact on our golf game. Additionally, I encourage those of you who can offer constructive advice to feel free to chime in.
Back