Search results for query: *

1. C

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

glad you enjoyed your new irons - I see you mentioned offset - I found that the Halo iron has very little offset compared to other game improvement irons also including other hybrid looking irons - but being old maybe my eyes are failing too
  2. C

The 60 and over Thread

I am 71 and my favourite clubs are my 9 wood and 11 wood too
  3. C

Played the last 3 versions of the Cleveland Launcher irons and the T Rails - bought the Titleist T350 irons in Nov. and after 5 rounds went back to the Halo XL irons - like the Reg. Cypher shaft and they are so much easier to hit consistently than normal irons when you are 72 and losing swing...
  4. C

The 60 and over Thread

funny how lofts are different - bought my 9 wood and 11 wood in 2022 - the 11 wood is 27 degrees and the 9 wood is 24 degrees
  5. C

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

always played with muscle back irons since I was a kid up until I was 62 and then because of elbow and shoulder issues I thought if I could stop hitting down on the ball so much it would help me continue to play pain free so since since 2015 I went to wide bottom clubs like cleveland and cobra...
  6. C

being older (71) and a 9 to 11 handicap and swing slowing down I opted for the T350 - 7 thru Gap wedge as I use a 7 9 and 11 wood instead of a 4 5 or 6 iron - got them last week but it is too cold to play now - did I make the right choice or should I have purchased the T200
  7. C

after reading all the positive info I ordered the T 350 with UST Recoil 65 in reg from 7 iron thru Gap - don't use a 4 - 5 or 6 iron as I use a 7 - 9 and 11 wood - they said 3 weeks so I will have to wait till spring to try them out
  8. C

I have had my Halos for all this season and rather enjoy them - always have hit down and thru with my irons taking fair size divots but since I am getting older (71) it does cause more stress on my body - started using 7 - 9 and 11 woods this year as I can sweep them - so here is my question -...
  9. C

The 60 and over Thread

that is what I like about golf - it is different for everyone - I am 71 now and about 3 years ago started having problems hitting my 4 5 and 6 irons in a consistent manner as my swing speed started to slow down so I tried hybrids but I pulled or hooked them at times so I purchased a 7wood 9...
  10. C

The 60 and over Thread

I too at 70 switched out my 4 5 and 6 irons for a 7 9 and 11 woods - as your swing slows down it is much easier to hit a fairway wood than a low or mid iron - had each of the woods cut down one inch and basically get the same distance as the irons they replaced - hybrids I find are too upright...
  11. C

like that TM are not as wide at the back when you are looking down at the club at address but they do have more offset - eg. 7 iron TM= 4.2 mm and Halo has 2.0 mm on 7 iron - think I will stick with the Halo irons
  12. C

nothing wrong with covers - my buddy had Halo irons and they got quite scratched and chipped but he takes a power cart so lots of banging - I only have the 7 iron thru D wedge in the Halo and normal iron headcovers fit mine with no problem
  13. C

let us know how you make out with these new toys
  14. C

I am sure you will like the reg shaft better - I tried the Halo in senior flex in the sim and that is when I decided to order my clubs in the regular Cypher shafts - love the 7 iron thru D wedge - I switched out the 5 and 6 irons for a 24* 9 wood and a 27* 11 wood
  15. C

totally agree I hate the look of the Halo XL and they don't feel as good as all the blades I have owned but at my age they are so much easier to hit consistently - more forgiving - higher flight with no distance lost - so I just overlook how ugly they look and the feel is as good as or better...
  16. C

I have been using my Halos for 3 months and I love them - always went down after the ball but 3 years ago I developed a left shoulder and elbow problem so I changed from blades to the wider sole iron to help me sweep so as not to aggravate my shoulder and elbow - it took a couple of months to...
  17. C

I actually just use normal oversized iron head covers and they fit fine on 6 thru D wedge - only the 4 and 5 iron are a little tight
  18. C

I have the Project X Cypher sixty 5.5R in my Halo irons - just switched from stiff steel to R graphite 4 years ago when I turned 65 - driver ss is 98 to 102 - certainly wouldn't call this Cypher shaft very soft
  19. C

hybrids have a tendency to hook as they are very upright - the halo hybrid irons are not as upright
  20. C

love my XL Halo irons too (7 thru D wedge) but I retired the 5 and 6 irons for a 24* 9 wood and a 27* 11 wood which I find more consistent once your swing speed slows down as you age as I am 70 - still get 170 carry with 11 wood and 180 carry with the 9 wood
Back