Search results for query: *

1. R

Do all club heads of a particular model weigh the same regardless of OEM shaft?

If I get a great deal on a set of irons that came from the OEM with say a Project X LZ 4.0 Senior flex shaft, will that head be the same head that comes with a OEM set shafted with the Recoil 95? I was able to pick up a never hit set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pro irons with the senior flex shaft. I...
  2. R

My "Quest for the Best" ball for this season

The last 3 weeks I have been testing balls for the first time. I remember a time that my only requirements were that my ball was round and I preferred white. Then after a few years I added the requirement that it was at least a little softer than a rock. More recently, I kept those requirements...
  3. R

Do you have a hole that owns you?

Tell us about the hole and what about it eats your lunch! Number 8 is the shortest par 4 on my home course and trashes more rounds than any other hole I have ever played. My average score is a double. Somehow I averaged 4.5 on it during the four rounds that made up my two top three finishes...
  4. R

What would your choice be if you had to make a change with these Mizuno optimizer #

86mph - highest 6 iron out of 3 swings (not warmed up and hitting with a long sleeved dress shirt did not boost these :-)) (84mph was lowest) Tempo-6 Toe down 4 Kick angle-4.33 Release 7.33 Top 2 recommendations by Mizuno shaft optimizer: KBS Tour 120 Stiff NS Pro Modus 120X I am 59 years old...
  5. R

Mint 2018 Callaway X-Forged 4-PW with Project X 6.0

Withdrawn: I thought it might be a good deal for someone but no real interest so I will re-shaft. Happy New Year to everyone!! This sickens me but my past injuries will not allow me to game steel shafts any longer. These are MINT with less than 6 rounds. All specs are standard. Original box...
  6. R

UST in Ft. Worth - Have you been and would you like to share your experience?

I would love to hear from anyone who has been to the UST facility in Ft.Worth for a fitting session/club build. Was it a good experience and how were your final results? I am working on scheduling a trip and would like to hear about your experience!
  7. R

Who wants to go hit yellow rocks with their 4 iron tonight???

I went to the range after work today as I so enjoy the feeling of stealing a day from winter. It was not warm but tolerable for sure. Let me jump straight to the stupid part and comments are certainly welcome. I have noted in a few places here that I just came back to golf after a 9 year lay...
  8. R

Schutzhund...anyone play :-)

Do we have any handlers, trainers, or decoys on the forum? I have run my course with the sport as I don't have time for golf and schutzhund. Having said that, there are few things in life that compare with: 1. Hitting the Nitrous button in a race boat 2. Taking the bite on the courage test with...
  9. R

What does your bag weigh when you get to the first tee?

Pebble Beach suggest you keep your bag under 25lbs for your caddy. What would your usual total weight be on the first tee? What bag are you using and how many clubs, balls, range finders, etc. get you to your fighting weight when the first tee call goes out?
  10. R

Took a little break from the game.....nine years and a lot of water under the bridge

I will be brief... Played a lot of golf and became decent. Went over a car after they pulled out in front of my motorcycle resulting in compound fractures in both arms. Clawed back after 18 months to shoot two over at the "Saturday game" from the tips and playing it down. Walked off the 18th...
Back