Search results for query: *

1. billyh

What’s your toolbox look like?

I know a lot of you have a tool box of some sorts so lets see them! Here’s mine when I first got it a couple years ago. Not pictured is the tool cart that is almost as big. I’ll see if I can get some updated pics tomorrow.
  2. billyh

What else is filling your taco?

@JB asked what your favorite taco protein is, but what else do you want in it? Me, I'm basic and go with cheese (whatever you got), light lettuce, and some mild salsa. That's it. What are you putting in yours?
  3. billyh

Brands you just don’t seem to hit well

Reading @Jman ‘s thread with brands we just tend to hit well, are there any brands you just haven’t got along with? I’ll start with Mizuno. While I absolutely love the brand, I just can’t get along with them, and more specifically the JPX line. I’ve had more than one set of Mizuno irons, and a...
  4. billyh

Could you hang with Rahm?

I saw this on Facebook and thought the comments were interesting. Do you think you could hang?
  5. billyh

Funny Halloween Treat Thread

I know there are several parents in here that have kids and I’m sure most of us have gone trick-or-treating in the day. So, what are the best, most funny things you or your kids have scored? Here is one from tonight. Going through my kids candy Me- Who the heck gives a kid an apple? My wife...
  6. billyh

CONTEST Pay it Forward Albatross Membership

An anonymous member here has decided to pay for my Albatross membership for the 2023 year, and for that I want to say thank you! Not knowing it, I paid for one too and now I'm gifting it to someone else. If you haven't already bought yours, here is your opportunity to do so! Reply to this thread...
  7. billyh

Girl Scout cookies

I don’t know about you, but they get me every year and sometimes at multiple locations. They’re good. I can understand why people relapse as I go clean for a year, but when I see them outside of Lowes, I can’t say no. Do you like them and what is your favorite box?
  8. billyh

My son’s first round

Today I had an awesome time taking my son out for his first real time playing golf. He’s 6 years old and has gone with me a couple times riding in the cart but has only swung a club in the yard or at s put put course. I’m proud of him for hanging in for 18 on a hot and humid Eastern NC day. He...
  9. billyh

Have you used cheap/knock off grips?

Thanks to @jdtox and his thread on How do you like your grips got me thinking on what grips I'm going to order very soon. I love the looks of the Z Grip Patriot but I've only found them in stock at one place. I did find a knock off set on Amazon (knock of z grips)or a significantly cheaper...
  10. billyh

Review Motocaddy Golf bags

Owning the largest market share in Europe in the electric caddie market and selling well over 500,000 electric trollies world wide in a mere 15 years, Mottocaddy thought to bring their products to a much different US market. Four THPers are currently testing the M7 cart FOUND HERE. We were also...
  11. billyh

WTB Wedge and putter Shafts

Looking for regular flex wedge shafts for some wedges I have laying around. I’m looking for 2 shafts. Used, new, no grips, grips, worn out grips, steel, graphite, I don't really care, but the cheaper the better. Really, what do you have collecting dust that's old, or not being used. Also...
  12. billyh

Overnight trip within driving distance from Eastern NC

So, long story short, my wife is allowing me to take an overnight golf trip for my birthday in October. I live between New Bern and Jacksonville in Eastern NC and was looking for some recommendations on where would be a good place to do a little stay and play. I'm up to going as far as the...
  13. billyh

Help me choose what irons I want to play

Right now the only thing going good with my golf game is my looks, and they’re not the greatest. So taking what @RealPretendPsychic started with his thread on how you keep golf fun I figured I’d post a poll of what irons I should play to make it a little more fun for me. I’ve got a couple of...
  14. billyh

Does CT really matter in a driver anymore?

With how advanced ball manufacturing has become is it still relevant to measure and limit the rebound-ness of a drivers face? They use a similar measurement with composite baseball bats (non wood) in college and below but is it really that effective? Unlike baseball, where everyone uses the same...
  15. billyh

How much does your score go up with increased distance?

Let's say you add ~13% to your normal course length. How much do you think you would shoot off your normal score? Here's my experience from today. So my home course from the white tees plays just at 5900 yards. The par 3's are 165~(x2) and 135~(x2). There isn't a par 5 in the 500 yard mark from...
  16. billyh

Daytona/North Orlando area short course needed

This year the family and I are going to visit my parents down in Florida. I was planning on playing a par 3 course in Daytona called the Oceans Golf club so I only had to bring a couple clubs. Is there any other par 3/executive courses in the area that would be worth it? We plan on playing next...
  17. billyh

Iron shaft in a putter?

I plan on having a little fun with a putter I have and was wondering why not. The putter in question is a .355 hosel with a straight shaft and there are WAY more fun looking iron shafts as opposed to putter shafts. Reading across the internet I’ve seen mixed views on it and I don’t hold any...
  18. billyh

For Sale FS/FT TaylorMade M6 9* head only SOLD!

As stated in Title for sale is a used M6 head. It was purchased from another forum member here and shows signs of wear but it decent condition. There is a paint chip on the topline and toe from it falling out of a bag and rolling around in my trunk. If wanted I can touch up the paint. Will...
  19. billyh

Short lived sucsess or long term second?

The most overrated thread got me thinking about players that either can't close it out, or just don't. So the question is, If you were a tour pro, would you rather have a career Grand Slam in a short 5 year career, or have a 20 year career with no wins but every tournament you entered be a top...
  20. billyh

Golf is fun but with THP’ers it’s better

Big thanks to @Carolina Dundee for the invite today! I’ve got to say, his ball flight off the drive is awesome! I dropped a couple bombs off the tee and was able to make some great shots too. It was a real treat to shoot my first legit sub 100 round today, and to share that experience with...
Back