Search results for query: *

1. Dt1741

Which rule would you change

Which rule would you rather change? I know this comes up often so lets hear it.
  2. Dt1741

Olympics-Yea or meh?

Its that time again. Do you care about golf in the Olympics? Do players abstaining bother you?
  3. Dt1741

So get this....

A buddy of mine shared this story. Apparently while fitting irons for a guy at Dicks, my buddy steps away for a minute. In that time this guy grabs a TM Sim2 and decides he’s gonna try this out. So my buddy gets back before the second shot. This “regular golfer” has taken a Left handed sim2 and...
  4. Dt1741

Needing some help

So here’s what happened. At the 2012 Ryder Cup a stranger hands my nephew a signed golf flag. Problem is, I have no idea who signed it. Looking for some help. Any ideas?
  5. Dt1741

Golf Glove Insurance???

I did not know this was a thing. For those of you like me, when you buy a golf glove at Dicks they offer an insurance plan on it for 4 dollars. Who thought this was a good idea and why aren’t more people taking advantage of this? A glove will wear out and if you are like me a buy high end tour...
  6. Dt1741

Matching shirts, yea or nay?

Saw this today, did spieth just find a new scramble partner? So matching shirts?
  7. Dt1741

WITB Favorite Headcovers (include photos)

Show us your favorite headcover. Mine is “big red” and the frosty headcover (nickname is frosty so its apropos).
  8. Dt1741

Throwback-First purchased WITB

What was your first set of clubs that you bought, new or used? My first i purchased used from another fellow lefty. For $125, the set consisted of Tommy Armour 855 2-P,S odyssey dual force bronze putter, and a bubble burner 3 wood. This included a ping hoofer bag.
  9. Dt1741

John Daly Comparison

So let me start by saying Im not comparing careers, greatness or potential but rather post peak competition. It seems to me that JD and Pete Rose have many similarities as far as being sympathetic (if not tragic) figures. The phrase caricature of their peak selves and talent seems fitting. To...
  10. Dt1741

Replacing Tiger..... in the aggregate.

Let me be the first to state that no one will ever replace the greatness and excitement produced by Tiger Woods. However, I argue that we could potentially create him in the aggregate. Imagine if you would, Spieth gets his magic back, Bryson is deconstructing golf courses, Rory finds his form...
  11. Dt1741

Reed Vs. Dechambeau- Who’s worse

You have to hang out with one off the course. Gun to your head, who you picking?
  12. Dt1741

Callaway Magna Golf Ball

I know there has been plenty of chatter on the magna golf ball but I want to come at it from a different angle. First, they are marketing this as a leisure ball since it will not go as far and spin more? So essentially more difficult to lose? Second, David Feherty has stated that the USGA...
  13. Dt1741

Explain the physics of the double bend putter shaft

Can someone thats in the know tell me the advantages of the double bend in a putter? What does it do to the CG and why someone would use it over a slant neck? Much appreciated
  14. Dt1741

Help identifying club repair antiques

After a covid “American Pickers” binge session I found these unique items. So I scooped them up. Anyone know anything about these? Any help is much appreciated. deflection board Bending machine Extractor
  15. Dt1741

Better Course? Torrey North or South

I have been lucky enough to play Torrey on a few occasions. After several rounds I have to say I have always preferred the renovated North course much better than the South. More fun, better views. Basically the North is more notable for its tournament history but pound for pound I think the...
  16. Dt1741

Help- Callaway Opti Fit Settings

Can someone help me out here. Using a shaft with righthanded optifit settings. What are the correct settings for a lefthanded head? I have told that NS is correct either way. What would N-1 be? Thanks
  17. Dt1741

Tour Event PGA Championship- One chance venues

So I’ve heard some golf pundits discuss some options for this years PGA. Basically now that 2022 is open they good give Kiawah the option on 2022 and have a full field with fans. Also that would free up the PGA to do something extraordinary in choosing a venue for this year. Some discussed a...
  18. Dt1741

Hot Take- Callaway’s Arms race

Let me first say, Im a big fan of what Callaway produces. The brand marketing, the tech development, tour presence, etc, etc are industry leading and I hold in high regard. With that being said does anyone else see an issue with this years equipment release ? Currently on the market, they have...
  19. Dt1741

Best glove for the range?

What is the best range glove on the market. Im going through Tour Authentic gloves left and right. I love them to game with but want something more durable on the range.
Back