Search results for query: *

1. CraftyLefty

Gripmore vs Replaceable Softspikes

Hi all, I don't purchase a lot of golf shoes. Typically I buy a new pair every 2 or 3 years. I've always worn spiked shoes and I replace spikes every season (at least). I've never worn spikeless shoes. I'm interested in the Adipower Boost line of shoes this year. That said, I'm worried about...
  2. CraftyLefty

Knoxville Area Golf League

Hi all, My wife and I moved to Knoxville last fall. I'd played in a golf league in Omaha for the past four years and would like to find a regular match or league to play in down here. Does anyone know of any leagues in the Knoxville area? Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. CraftyLefty

Putting - Leaving it Short

I added 2 inches to my putter shaft a couple months ago and I've been leaving putts short ( 1 or 2 rolls) lately. My stance, line and consistency are all better since the change, but my distance control isn't as good. Would it help to add some weight to the putter head? I feel like it's a...
  4. CraftyLefty

Classic Golf - Omaha, Nebraska

It's not often that I'll make a plug for a local business but the experience I've had over the past week here in Omaha makes me want to do so. Normally I buy my golf gear at Golf Galaxy. They have OK customer service and I like having the rewards program. Austad's Golf in Omaha is awful...
  5. CraftyLefty

Knoxville, Tennessee

My wife has been offered a substantial promotion and opportunity with her existing employer. Accepting the position would require us to move from Omaha, Nebraska to somewhere in east Tennessee. The primary location she would be responsible for would be in and around Knoxville but she would...
  6. CraftyLefty

New adidas Minimalist/Natural Motion Golf Shoe?

I've recently switched to running in minimalist running shoes and love the way my body has responded to the change. I'm looking into buying some minimalist golf shoes to see if it will impact my golf game as much as it has impacted my overall fitness. I've been perusing the interwebs in search...
  7. CraftyLefty

Hybrids

Since I've figured by driver swing out I haven't really been using my fairway woods. My bag setup is below in my signature line. Distances are as follows: D= 275-290ish 3w= 260-270ish 5= 245-255ish 3i = 225 4i = 215 and so on I have literally pulled my 3w/5w maybe 6 times in 10 rounds...
  8. CraftyLefty

KBS Tour V2

Does anyone know if/when the KBS Tour V2 shafts will be released to the public? If you look on their website they have the KBS V2 listed on their datasheet comparison and it has some very interesting numbers as compared to the other listed shafts...
  9. CraftyLefty

Ryan Leaf

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18244656/exnfl-qb-ryan-leaf-arrested-2nd-time-in-montana Arrested twice in 3 days for separate instances of burglary and drug possession. I really hope this guy gets the help he needs. It wasn't too long ago that we thought he had his life back together...
  10. CraftyLefty

CAllaway Diablo Octane Black Tour Driver

Looks like Callaway is going opposite of the TM white movement. This popped up on my Facebook news feed from Golfsmith. Does the color of the club matter to you? I think the monochromatic black look is pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's "confidence inspiring" Thoughts?
  11. CraftyLefty

Paying College Football Players

Seven SEC coaches voted today to pay their players $300 per game from their own compensation. (Per Andy Staples twitter). http://twitter.com/#!/Andy_Staples Very interesting development in the whole paying players argument.
  12. CraftyLefty

Exercise ball for an office chair

This is really random. Has anybody used an exercise ball for an office chair? I'm trying to get my core back in shape and if I can do it while working I'm going to give it a go. I won't be able to justify the expense of a treadmill-desk but I can pony up the cash for an exercise ball. Is...
  13. CraftyLefty

Scrapping a Program-small colleges beware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Riddell-Revolution-Speed-Helmet_W0QQitemZ130521966519QQihZ003QQcategoryZ21222QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem My alma mater, the University of Nebraska at Omaha recently scrubbed our football team (and wrestling team). I played and coached for Coach Behrns and the...
  14. CraftyLefty

THP getting some love from Bridgestone's Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/bridgestonegolf Saw this on my news feed this morning. Bridgestone's Facebook is linked to the THP review of the e5 golf ball. Well played fellas!
  15. CraftyLefty

Sharks in a water hazard?

This was on my Yahoo! Golf page. http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/The-most-hazardous-water-hazard-ever-a-shark?urn=golf-wp1022 I found it incredibly interesting that the sharks were thought to have been washed into the lake in the 1900s. The article says that the lake...
  16. CraftyLefty

Lawn Care/Reseeding

Ok, I have a 95lb Doberman Pinscher. I also have a yard that is mostly covered in shade. I have been having trouble keeping my lawn from being turned into a dirt patch. The issue is that whatever grass is back there isn't really for shade or high traffic. I'm in Nebraska so I need...
  17. CraftyLefty

Wedge Loft

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I searched for the topic but was unable to find anything. My question is this: I recently purchased some new irons. The loft progression moves from 3 degrees through the 5 iron to 4 degrees through the 9 iron and a 5 degree difference from the...
  18. CraftyLefty

Adidas ThinTech- Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Has anyone tried out a pair of any thintech shoes? I understand the concept behind the design and all that but seriously, how much do a couple of millimeters matter? If you have tried these out, can you compare them to your older (higher) spikes? Do you feel more solid now than you did before?
  19. CraftyLefty

Hello from Omaha

I guess I never did this. Hello from Nebraska. I'm 24, left handed and about a 12 handicap. Recently married and finishing my master's in a couple months. I'm enjoying the site so far. Everyone has been outstanding, knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. Thanks for providing a place for...
Back