Search results for query: *

1. thommo.sx

Bag changes for winter conditions?

I asked this in the Breaking 100 Thread, but thought it was interesting enough (to me at least) to warrant it's own thread. It's proper British weather now over here, cold and wet, and so I'm adjusting the bag for winter play. Out goes the 2-3h, which was consistently long, but relied on the...
  2. thommo.sx

Ryder Watch 2020

Europe (9 qualifiers) Danny Willett Jon Rahm Rafa Cabrera-Bello Richie Ramsay Justin Rose Rory McIlroy Andrew Johnston Paul Casey Shane Lowry USA (8 qualifiers) Brooks Koepka Dustin Johnson Gary Woodland Tiger Woods Xander Schauffele Webb Simpson Matt Kuchar Tony Finau Never too early to get...
  3. thommo.sx

Viktor Hovland at BMW PGA

Not doing himself any harm at all shooting 2 rounds in the 60s at Wentworth while playing with Ryder skipper Harrington. Unlike some of the other wunderkinden, he doesn't look like his swing is putting any undue strain on his body for those extra few yards. He's basically in with the same shout...
  4. thommo.sx

Favourite NON major?

We all generally have a favourite major, but are there any of the other normal tour events that you always enjoy watching above others? Just for the purposes of this discussion, let's omit the 4 majors, the Tour Championship and the DP World Tour Championships, as those two are cut down fields...
  5. thommo.sx

WITB - thommo.sx

So, Putter is: Odyssey StrokeLab 2-Ball Fang Headcovers are: Cobra F7 3w (red Sweets), Cobra F7 5w (yellow Sweets), Cobra F7 2-3h (skull), Cobra F7 3-4h (bombs), Cobra F7 4-5h (gecko) - all with stock Fujikura Pro R flex shafts Irons are: Cleveland CBX Launchers 6-D, DG98st Wedges are...
  6. thommo.sx

New TaylorMade balls - V3 Urethane

I saw these on sale over here, advertised as "New", and thanks to the good works of the diligent testers here, when they didn't ring any bells I thought I'd mention them. V3 Urethane - TaylorMade Urethane cover, "SpinMantle", "React Core", 70 compression, £25/doz. To the encyclopaedic golf...
  7. thommo.sx

Danny Willett win Race to Dubai Champ

After all his struggles with both injuries and form, constantly getting mentions in "worst major winner ever" lists, coming back from ~450 in the world to win the Race to Dubai event (Molinari won the overall title, obvs.) over a pretty strong field, and he gets tumbleweeds. I'm a little...
  8. thommo.sx

The Ricoh Women's British Open

There's some real Stenson / Mickelson stuff going on right now between Phatlum and Hall. Co Leaders at -16, 4 clear of the field on the 14th. Being played at placid Royal Lytham & St Anne's.
  9. thommo.sx

2018 Srixon AD333 Tour ball

The previous version of the AD333 Tour was essentially the same as the current (according to the Srixon US website) US Q-Star Tour. 75 compression, 324 dimples. The 2018 version of the AD333 Tour over here was released a couple of months ago and now boasts a compression of 72 and 338 dimples...
  10. thommo.sx

2018 Ryderwatch - What do the weekly result do?

Europe out of the gate strongly in the first full week, with 3x winners in Garcia in Singapore, Fleetwood in Dubai & Rahm in California The Dubai leaderboard was pretty strong for Europe - notable names of Fleetwood, Fisher, McIlroy, Pieters, Stenson, Casey, even Beef was top 10. Aside from DJ...
  11. thommo.sx

Good morning from London

Hello all, greetings from London. I've been just over a year playing regularly after a group of us at work found out we all either played regularly, played irregularly, wanted to play again after a break or wanted to start playing. I'm kind of between those last 2 groups - I played monthly...
Back