Search results for query: *

1. M

Tales from the pro shop

PGF is an Australian company (Precision Golf Forging) dating back to 1932. They once made high quality clubs and were played by many pros, but in more recent times have been sold as entry-level clubs.
  2. M

Local Wildlife

They are quite common in Sydney and are surprisingly big (and noisy) up close. It's easy to take things for granted, but they are quite extraordinary parrots. Here's a friendly kookaburra from a couple of months ago:
  3. M

Local Wildlife

Sulphur-crested cockatoos making themselves at home in the neighbour's tree.
  4. M

What tees me off

Agreed. If you can pick up the tee, surely you can throw it in the bin. At the Australian Open, I have seen the volunteer marshals collect tees, particularly on the par 3s, and create a pile on the edge of the tee box for other players to use whilst also clearing the tee box. On a related...
  5. M

Top 10 Rock Singers Female Only

Chrissie Hynde Amy Lee Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)
  6. M

Can you identify this tee?

As indicated above, lots of similar offerings from various sites. This is the closest I found from a quick Google search: Walmart adjustable hex nut tees
  7. M

If you play irons 1/4" shorter than a fitting recommends, what is the impact on performance?

From memory, the Titleist DCI 990s were 1/4 inch shorter than standard at the time, with the advertising brochure promoting an increase in control from the shorter shaft length. I played them happily for many years, but am not sure what effect, if any, resulted from the shorter shafts.
  8. M

shoes

New Balance have a range of shoes in 4E width: https://www.newbalance.com/men/shoes/golf/?prefn1=width&prefv1=X-Wide+%284E%29
  9. M

What's Your Closest Non-HIO

Yes, for measuring Nearest the Pin (NTP) prizes. There's an NTP prize on each par 3 during competition rounds. Unfortunately, this shot was just during a practice round, so didn't earn me any prize money.
  10. M

Bryson Using a Stealth 2

Ummm - I am not hating on him at all. I think he has brought some good ideas to testing golf equipment and, as you point out, he has achieved amazing results. However, it is my understanding that he is frequently misrepresented as being a scientist when he is not. I was just attempting to...
  11. M

Bryson Using a Stealth 2

From my reading of matters, he did not finish his studies at SMU and did not complete his senior year, following NCAA sanctions against SMU. So, he was a physics major, which is incorrectly reported as having a physics degree. I do not believe he has the credentials to be called a scientist.
  12. M

Anyone ever break a finger?

I have broken fingers many times from cricket. The worst one took 6 months to regain full flexibility. It was very a stiff for about 3 months and then improved markedly. Follow the physio/OT’s advice and hopefully it will return to full range of movement sooner rather than later.
  13. M

Net 46 In A Scramble?!

Is it standard practice to be able to add a throw to another throw, which is what they did to get the hole in 1 on the par 4 (Tee shot + throw + throw)? The guy being interviewed didn't really seem to know the rules of the day, so perhaps the winning team didn't follow the rules or the rules...
  14. M

Watches

Speaking of IWC's with white dial and blued hands, I have been eyeing off a Stowa Flieger: https://www.stowa.de/en/Flieger+Classic+40.htm Made to the same original specs as the IWC pilot watches, but more budget friendly.
  15. M

Titleist TSR Fairway Woods

TSR2+ looks great.
  16. M

Collars

When the sun is out, it is collar up for as much protection from the sun as possible (just like Steve Smith in your pic). Collar comes down when off the course.
  17. M

First Look: Titleist TSR Drivers

Sorry, JB. I received a Titleist Australia email with the TSR and it linked to a landing page for the TSRs, but the Explore link I pasted originally did, indeed, go to the TSis. Sorry for the misinformation. I have already corrected the above post with the link to the TSR landing page.
  18. M

First Look: Titleist TSR Drivers

Titleist Australia homepage references TSR : https://www.titleist.com.au/tsr-metals?sc_src=email_2441243&sc_lid=234610935&sc_uid=zudJX6Mpmp&sc_llid=22155&sc_customer=203148&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANZ-Clubs-TSR-TourDebut-20220621 Explore page is not yet populated and...
Back