Search results for query: *

1. chriso97

Congrats: You are Headed to the Grandaddy

Awesome ... Congrats!!! THP for the win
  2. chriso97

Swarm of Bees

My ball was in middle of fairway on Sunday, but along left edge was a massive swarm of bees. Every time I went to address my ball I felt like I was gonna get attacked. Ever had a close encounter with a bee swarm? guessing it wouldn't be nice Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  3. chriso97

Count backs in a tie

Here our countback is always back 9, last 6, then hole by hole starting at 18. There's no "fair" countback system, especially if it's a shotgun start. Rules should be known up front regardless Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  4. chriso97

Softer grip = more distance!!!

I saw that contest thing, no idea how it got there :( Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  5. chriso97

Have you ever lost your passion for the game?

Sure have, I've lost it a few times, almost cried after a few games this year. Reading the comments in this thread is awesome, great topic!!! I reckon 80/90 percent of the time it's because you get too score/results focused and forget the bigger picture. And the rest is because of other life...
  6. chriso97

Softer grip = more distance!!!

I've discovered a secret. Recently I've been working on softening/relaxing my grip and I've had surprising results. All of a sudden I'm hitting amazingly long shots that feel effortless. Totally stuffed me up on a few holes, I air- mailed the green in a par 3 with a club I'd usually hit...
  7. chriso97

CONTEST The Final Chance: The 2019 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I love this comp... So much fun, so many good entries ... Good luck all Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  8. chriso97

Official Entry (as my other entry stuffed up for some reason)
  9. chriso97

No matter what I do I can't get the giphy function to work … :-( I tried multiple times, with multiple browsers ...
  10. chriso97

DELETED - So I can retry and make sure I have a valid entry (apologies guys, but don't wanna get ruled out on a technicality)
  11. chriso97

You're the course architect...

I like holes with options off the tee. A boulder or tree in the middle of the fairway in the driving zone. So you can go left or right based on preference/skill (neither side "harder" just different.) Hard to do but very cool (in my head) Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  12. chriso97

How do you warm up? (And how long for)

I'm a morning golfer so it's hard for me to get to the course early enough to warm up properly. Any advice for a quick warm-up? Range or no range? Putt or no Putt? Chip or No chip ? Does it make a difference? Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  13. chriso97

Advice needed ... I can't putt

I'm a low handicapper (6) but I can't putt. Even writing that sounds stupid but it's true. It has always been my problem,but now that I have got to 5/6 it's really obvious. Basically problem is I don't make enough of the gettable putts. I just have no confidence inside 6 feet and would...
  14. chriso97

Us kids golf

I had dinner with Bill Bazzel the head of US kids golf Australia last night. Uskidsgolf are awesome, if your kid wants to play golf, get involved. They are ramping up in Australia, sooo excited. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  15. chriso97

Foursomes ... Thoughts?

Played a foursomes (Alternate shot, single ball) on Sunday, was heaps of fun but damn hard to find any rhythm. As a pro it would be okay I guess, but as an amateur it's damn hard. I was the low handicap, do I felt extra pressure. Have to say I'm not a fan overall, but as something different...
  16. chriso97

Ever wanted to give the game away?

I am close right now, it makes my cry just to think about it. I played a Pro-Am yesterday, was three down with 3 to play and finished bogey (three putt) - wipe - bogey. To finish with 30 points. 34 won the day. I just can't keep it together, am hitting the ball as well as ever, but my short...
  17. chriso97

Where do you get your golf news?

I read here heaps, but I don't really have a go-to app/feed for golf news/features Any recommendations??? I struggle with the PGA app. Not even really sure why, it just never pulls me in. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  18. chriso97

My 9 year old beat me at chipping ...

Was mucking around on the chipping green and had a 3 ball, nearest the pin contest with my 9yo son. He beat me like 16 times ... 16-10 I think it was before I gave up trying to get back in front and tapped out (I was trying hard too) This is bad, really bad, but also freaking awesome for him...
  19. chriso97

Hats off to shake hands?

I noticed today that some people take their hats off and some people don't when shaking hands at the end of a round? Anyone know why? or have a preference? What's the "right" way? Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Back