Search results for query: *

1. chriso97

Swarm of Bees

My ball was in middle of fairway on Sunday, but along left edge was a massive swarm of bees. Every time I went to address my ball I felt like I was gonna get attacked. Ever had a close encounter with a bee swarm? guessing it wouldn't be nice Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  2. chriso97

Softer grip = more distance!!!

I've discovered a secret. Recently I've been working on softening/relaxing my grip and I've had surprising results. All of a sudden I'm hitting amazingly long shots that feel effortless. Totally stuffed me up on a few holes, I air- mailed the green in a par 3 with a club I'd usually hit...
  3. chriso97

How do you warm up? (And how long for)

I'm a morning golfer so it's hard for me to get to the course early enough to warm up properly. Any advice for a quick warm-up? Range or no range? Putt or no Putt? Chip or No chip ? Does it make a difference? Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  4. chriso97

Advice needed ... I can't putt

I'm a low handicapper (6) but I can't putt. Even writing that sounds stupid but it's true. It has always been my problem,but now that I have got to 5/6 it's really obvious. Basically problem is I don't make enough of the gettable putts. I just have no confidence inside 6 feet and would...
  5. chriso97

Us kids golf

I had dinner with Bill Bazzel the head of US kids golf Australia last night. Uskidsgolf are awesome, if your kid wants to play golf, get involved. They are ramping up in Australia, sooo excited. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  6. chriso97

Foursomes ... Thoughts?

Played a foursomes (Alternate shot, single ball) on Sunday, was heaps of fun but damn hard to find any rhythm. As a pro it would be okay I guess, but as an amateur it's damn hard. I was the low handicap, do I felt extra pressure. Have to say I'm not a fan overall, but as something different...
  7. chriso97

Ever wanted to give the game away?

I am close right now, it makes my cry just to think about it. I played a Pro-Am yesterday, was three down with 3 to play and finished bogey (three putt) - wipe - bogey. To finish with 30 points. 34 won the day. I just can't keep it together, am hitting the ball as well as ever, but my short...
  8. chriso97

Where do you get your golf news?

I read here heaps, but I don't really have a go-to app/feed for golf news/features Any recommendations??? I struggle with the PGA app. Not even really sure why, it just never pulls me in. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  9. chriso97

My 9 year old beat me at chipping ...

Was mucking around on the chipping green and had a 3 ball, nearest the pin contest with my 9yo son. He beat me like 16 times ... 16-10 I think it was before I gave up trying to get back in front and tapped out (I was trying hard too) This is bad, really bad, but also freaking awesome for him...
  10. chriso97

Hats off to shake hands?

I noticed today that some people take their hats off and some people don't when shaking hands at the end of a round? Anyone know why? or have a preference? What's the "right" way? Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  11. chriso97

Flag in or out, how would YOU test.

We've seen the conflicting data from multiple sources. I'm actually keen to do my own testing.... Anyone with me??? @JB any chance we could this as a THP event??? I'd love to be a part of something that leaves a legacy for all golfers and contributes to the wider discussion. As a community...
  12. chriso97

Hitting up on people ... How close is not okay

Had an incident this week, not sure if I was right/wrong. On third hole I absolutely smashed my drive and it landed short and rolled past group in front. Tees were back but I still should have waited and mumbled a cheeky apology when I got to green (I know the guys and play with them often)...
  13. chriso97

Kids golf clubs ... Where to start

My boy just started golf... He needs clubs but I have no clue where to begin. Can I cut down /re-shaft my old set ? Do I just buy a cheap set, will he outgrow them quickly? You'd think I'd know this stuff but I have no idea. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  14. chriso97

You have 2 putts for win from 20 ft ... What happens next?

Do you go for the first putt? Or lag it close for guaranteed win? I really hate these scenarios, never know what to do. Either way a bad putt could screw you. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  15. chriso97

Junior Golf

My kids (7 and 9) had their first ever game yesterday. It was awesome. It's played in the actual course but They played the "tiger tees" modified rules which was brilliant - max 10 shots per hole - if you haven't made green in 7 pickup and drop on edge of green - if you are off the course you...
  16. chriso97

Why doesn't EVERYONE use game improvement irons

I kinda feel dumb for asking but in the spirit of "there's no such thing as a dumb question." If they can make an iron that is easier to hit, and has better results for off-centre hits etc etc, why doesn't EVERYONE (including pros) use them? I guess what I am asking is what are the...
  17. chriso97

Why ... Just why

Walked off the ninth today with 18 points (2 over) just made an awesome birdie, feeling great. Then had 2 triples and 3 doubles on back back nine ... for 10 points. Why does this game just kill us ??? It's like someone just throws a switch. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  18. chriso97

Do you know WITB ? (seriously - how much of a geek are you)

I just wanted to enter Shaft Up and to do so you need to to know whats in your bag (including shafts) I'm somewhat surprised (and ashamed to admit) that I actually didn't know all my specs. So I don't want to know what's in there (there are other threads for that), I want to know if you know...
  19. chriso97

Wentworth golf - real or not???

I just got a message on Instagram from these guys. https://instagram.com/golf_scout_wentworth?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=14ojqx370bjf7 It looks like a marketing/ product development group... Reckon it's genuine? (Copy of message below) If anyone would know THP would :) Hi! The...
  20. chriso97

Different courses ... Easier or harder.

Was just reading smiters' other thread about the rules https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ethehackersparadise%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D113334&share_tid=113334&share_fid=1297&share_type=t And it got me thinking about courses. I recently went back to a public...
Back