Search results for query: *

1. T

Will changing shaft weight make my clubhead feel lighter?

Depending on the grip you use you can use the same one but a different color. The Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G in black weighs 48 grams while the white weighs 55 grams because of all the dye needed to make it white.
  2. T

Share you injury stories!

8 years ago when I was in high school I tore my left MCL, ACL and Meniscus. The story I tell people was that I did it playing basketball. What actually happened was I was at my friend's little brother's bday party at a trampoline park playing bouncy basketball and when I landed my knee gave out...
  3. T

What color of ball...?

If anyone else wants to see a color combo let me know and I'll get it made.
  4. T

What color of ball...?

Threw this together in photoshop just now. Any colors you think would contrast better than the blue?
  5. T

What color of ball...?

I prefer yellow but I really like using the TP5x Pix. Would be interesting to have a yellow pix ball.
  6. T

Iron shaft weight question

An easy way to think of it is to think of the head and shaft weight as a percentage of the total club weight. With the head being the same, a lighter shaft will make the head have a higher percentage of the total weight making it feel heavier. A heavier shaft will cause the head to be less of...
  7. T

Tell me about shafts - what’s your tips, tricks, or insights in shafts?

I work as a club fitter for Taylormade and here's some basic rules of thumb that I use as a starting point. These won't work for everyone and sometimes the exact opposite is what works but most of the time I go through these couple steps to dial in shaft and head combo. 1) Flex will mostly be...
  8. T

Putter Length

I'm 6'4 and use 35.25" putter length. I didn't do anything fancy to figure out what length to use. I glued in the shaft and before I cut and put the grip on, I got in my posture and gripped it where I was comfortable and made the sharpie mark there then rounded it to the 1/4" in case I order a...
  9. T

Finding the 7W. Why is it so difficult?

In the 3 years I worked at Golf Galaxy I can count on 1 hand how many I've sold combined between the 1, if that, that we get in store and custom orders. There just isn't enough demand for the store to carry the 7 wood over say a 3 wood regular flex.
  10. T

TaylorMade My Fitting EXP

Since we aren't able to swing weight on the spot you will more than likely end up getting fit into a counter balanced shaft to make the head feel lighter. Mention your current driver and how you ended up with that exact setup with the lead tape. I'm not sure where you are getting fit and what...
  11. T

Metal ferrule removal question

With those fitting heads, if the shop has a shaft extractor, they can use something like this from Golfworks which is just a screw threaded through a washer. Find the screw that fits the threads in the fitting sleeve and then use the extractor to push it off. Edit: I haven't tried it on Srixon...
  12. T

TaylorMade My Fitting EXP

I'm a fitter for TM so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or PM me. I'll be fully transparent and say that even though we have a lot of options in terms of shafts and heads, on site we aren't able to swap grips or properly swing weight to your liking out which really sucks...
  13. T

What's Your Set Makeup?

Here's my set. I have an extra slot in the bag but don't know what to add. I don't use 5 wood off the tee much and don't really have many long shots into the green that need it. I'm debating getting a 19* hybrid. Might have to channel my inner Al from Caddyshack and get a club that has a beer...
  14. T

What's Your Set Makeup?

What do your sets look like? Do you use a 2 iron? a bunch of hybrids? Odd lofted wedges? I'm making a change this year and was curious what setup everyone uses.
  15. T

Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

The snow in the yard finally melted so I can setup my net and new mat in the backyard.
  16. T

Hybrid/Utility Shafts - What’s your flavor?

Currently using the Smoke Black 90X but that GOST keeps teasing me. Debating between the 90 gram tour stiff or the 100 gram X. Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
  17. T

Which SuperStroke Are You?

Exactly the same for me. I putt left hand low but love the flat bottom hand and pistol top hand. If it was firmer like the older SS grips I'd get a lifetime supply of them.
  18. T

do you expect to mishit the ball ?

You're right. the ideal shot would be perfect strike at the back. I was more so talking about not pin hunting like I used to do. If I hit four 7 irons that day and all of them were not great. On that 5th shot if it was the exact distance of my bad strikes for the day I'd still pull it then send...
  19. T

do you expect to mishit the ball ?

At the Cleveland event a few years ago Jamie Sadlowski had some great advice that somewhat relates to this. "Never aim where a straight shot gets you in trouble". He was talking more about someone who doesn't normally hit straight with a driver off the tee but it works here too. I don't pick the...
  20. T

Hzrdus Smoke Black and Smoke Black RDX

In all the fittings I've done with the Smoke Black and RDX Black the numbers are almost identical and the customers said they feel the same. I personally haven't hit the new RDX shaft but so far I can't see much of a difference apart from materials. Just looking at the specs themselves from PX...
Back