Search results for query: *

1. mrkich

ANNOUNCEMENT 2022 Fantasy Football Signups: OPEN NOW!

Hoping I can get in a league this year. One of these years I’ll make the playoffs lol
  2. mrkich

CONTEST Your Favorite: The 2022 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Chrome soft X. Thought prov1x was good, this ball is great. Too stupid and stubborn to switch sooner.
  3. mrkich

One has to go.....

I can't have shellfish so can pretty easily choose two here
  4. mrkich

University of Miami basketball player to transfer if NIL demands not met

Guess I’m used to California where non-competes are completely unenforceable despite companies insisting they’re in the contract lol I think unlimited free transfers would be terrible but the one time is good. With the extra year of eligibility from COVID there’s just an excess of college...
  5. mrkich

Why not apply whatever you want for them to ourselves and see how we’d like it? Next time you want to change jobs, you have to intern there for free for a year first. Sounds pretty sh***y to me.
  6. mrkich

Prorel would be awesome. Sign me up.
  7. mrkich

Really enjoyed Aaron Torres podcast yesterday. He had on Dan Lust who’s a sports business lawyer to talk about all of this and possible solution. Good listen once you’re done with Off Course
  8. mrkich

100% agree on theory. T9 complicates it a bit as money would be passing through schools.
  9. mrkich

The soccer model is 100% superior. You’re right that schools won’t give up sports without a massive fight and pro clubs in America will fight having to eat those new expenses. If the ncaa hadn’t been so stupid and just let the athletes have a little of what they generate then we wouldn’t be in...
  10. mrkich

Ok, most was hyperbole but here (https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/07/10/college-football-buy-games-group-of-five) you can see that smaller schools rely on these games, up to 1.8 million to show up at Ohio st. for example. Kent st it says 17% of their budget it from football buy games. Add in...
  11. mrkich

Very true that the non P5(6 for basketball) generate far less through media rights and donors. Most of small schools budgets come from playing “buy games” which are just one off away games. In football a small school can earn upwards of 500k just for showing up and getting their ass kicked by a...
  12. mrkich

CONTEST Your Gear: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Entry: I have never played a Callaway driver on course, am open to changing this fact.
  13. mrkich

Athletic departments budgets are completely self funded through donors, media rights, tickets, etc. when a player receives an athletic scholarship the AD pays main campus for their attendance which would include dorms and food halls if they live on campus. Players receive a COL stipend when...
  14. mrkich

Full scholarships cover the full cost of attendance for student athletes. My job was to raise money from donors to pay for these things. We had many endowed scholarships where I was. The ADs were proud not to take a single cent from main campus.
  15. mrkich

while not a league, we already have this in essence. If I could pick 10 teams v the field to win a title over the next 10-12 years I would take that bet and all of this was happening for long before NIL. There have been 15 champions over the past 30 years. I’ll remove Michigan, Tennessee...
  16. mrkich

i think we agree on a ton of issues here. My opinions here are reflective of the current state of affairs more than a holistic view of what should be which is way over my head in terms of what a logical and “fair” solution could possibly be. Not afraid to say I am definitely not smart enough to...
  17. mrkich

with the money coming from outside of the school I don’t think T9 is relevant. Studies have already shown (https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/03/30/womens-college-basketball-endorsements-nil/) womens sports have greatly benefited from this too. I would argue that this is good for 99% of...
  18. mrkich

fair enough. Universities have a major spending problem I agree absolutely and tax dollars going to who knows what while cost of attendance goes through the roof is problematic to say the least
  19. mrkich

I’ve worked in 2 high level athletic departments and can happily report that they used a combined $0 in tax dollars. Athletic departments are self funded by donors, ticket sales, media rights, etc.
  20. mrkich

I’m a huge college basketball and football fan and couldn’t care less. If you think this wasn’t happening before you’re naive. Why is it any different than a coach leaving for more money or than you looking for another job after you were passed over for a promotion. The amount of hate that these...
Back