Search results for query: *

1. Hackapotamus

Which OEM is the best at fitting?

Whether it's their own systems, ease of use for retailers, shaft/grip options, or all of the above and/or anything else, which brands have you had the best clubfitting experiences with?
  2. Hackapotamus

Wedge fitting or wedge practice?

My plan is to really crack down on my wedge game — not only on that pesky 40-100 yard range but also green side and bunker shots. I want to devote the majority of my limited practice time to wedges. I’m also overdue for new wedges. Does it make more sense to practice for a few months or a year...
  3. Hackapotamus

Wedges and irons purchased together or separately?

I know most folks here get a ton of rounds in each year and are likely replacing wedges every 1-2 years. And there are a lot of new toy enthusiasts who might be replacing irons just as frequently. Do you try to match wedge purchases with iron purchases so there is continuity with set flow...
  4. Hackapotamus

Chip shots — glove on or off?

Most of us remove the glove for putts, but curious how many do it for green side chips and pitches ...
  5. Hackapotamus

Finish question

There are a lot of ... um, club enthusiasts on this board, guys who have tried or played (or tried to play) dozens of models of clubs each year. I'm in the market for a set of new wedges and I'm very interested in two finishes: Diamond Black Metal (Cobra, Hogan, Maltby) Quench Polish Quench...
  6. Hackapotamus

Wedge Fitting Advice

I’m guessing probably 70-80 percent of the posters here have been fitted for irons or woods (myself included) but my sense is that not as many are fitted for wedges. Who has gone through it, where did you go and what are your biggest takeaways?
Back