Search results for query: *

1. A

Live Scoring and Organization for Groups

Looking for something that is comparable to Golf Genius for a large (55 golfers) group to help organize tee times, game formats, live scoring. I reached out to Golf Genius and they do not have personal golfer use, it’s only for club use. I am currently using a shared spreadsheet for folks to...
  2. A

Winter / Cold Weather Fitting

I want to do a club fitting for new irons. Looking at the P790’s. Thoughts on doing a club fitting in cold weather? I live in Ohio, sub 30 temps. The place I want to get fitted at has a three side bay, that you hit out of, with trackman. They have a garage door on it too and my understanding...
  3. A

Last Minute Trip

Looking to get out of Cleveland, Ohio for a few days to golf last minute. Thinking about leaving the day after Christmas and coming back New Year’s Eve. Any recommendation for places go to within driving distance that will be warm enough? I’d like to do Hilton head but that’s pushing a 12 hour...
  4. A

Riding when others are walking

I have a cart lease that I pay for at my club and can go out and use a cart any time that I’d like. This afternoon I played 9 holes with some folks who decided they wanted to walk instead of paying for a cart. So it’s me in a cart and three others walking. I felt really weird in this situation...
  5. A

Golf Scope Putting App

I found this app while searching around today. Anyone hear of or use it before? Seems interesting, however i'm sure it isn't legal to use in play? It looks like it uses augmented reality to assist with reading putts. I might give a try next time I hit the course to see if it's actually a...
  6. A

2Undr Boxer Briefs Review - Budget Golf/THP Championship Sponsor

Underwear is one of those things that I guess I have always taken for granted. It’s one of those constants that have been in my life from the time I was 3 years old and are worn basically 24x7. From tightie whities, to boxers, to boxer briefs it’s just been a part of my standard routine. I’m...
  7. A

Dress Pants - Break

How do you prefer your break in your dress pants and why? No break, slight break, medium break, or full break?
  8. A

My eyes!

I must be getting old, because I'm starting to have a hell of a time tracking the golf ball after it's hit, whether it's mine or someone else's. Anyone have the same issue? I'm wondering if sunglasses would help but I've tried golfing with glasses before and I found them bothersome. Thinking...
  9. A

Skins Game With Wide Handicap Ranges

I have a regular group that I play with, anywhere from 10 to 20 guys, that get in on a skins and pins game. $20 buy-in. Wide range of handicaps, from a 3 to a 17 index. We typically play off the low guy for strokes. Being one of the higher handicappers, it does seem that some of the lower...
  10. A

Work Putt Putt League

Thinking about starting up a work putt putt league at a local mini golf course as a way to get people at work together afterwards to do something fun during the summer months. Not everyone is a golfer and not everyone wants to spend a lot of money doing something they aren’t good at. Putt putt...
  11. A

Handicap Differential

Can someone explain differential to me in layman’s terms. Thanks
  12. A

Member guest etiquette

this will be my first year at my club and they hold a member guest event every year. What is the etiquette for paying? Do you pick up the tab or do you split with your guest? I’m thinking that if they are my guest that I would pay, but having not participated in one of these before I’m not...
  13. A

Top Golf Solo

I will be traveling to Atlanta for a meeting next week and looking for things to do after my meetings and noticed that there is a Top Golf nearby. I've never been to one, but my understanding that it is more of a social, group type place to go. Would it be weird to go solo to a Top Golf?
  14. A

Personalized Golf Balls

Looking for some ideas for a funny slogan or logo for customized golf balls. I lack a creative mind!
  15. A

WITB - agee238

Got my new set up today, now just need winter to end and get out there! This is my first set of new clubs, mostly had hand me downs and pre-owned. This is also the first time that I had a professional fitting done. Probably more club than I need for my skill level and I know the sticks will...
  16. A

Reasonably Priced Rain Gear

Any recommendations for reasonably priced rain gear?
  17. A

Vegas Trip

Hello everyone! Planning on doing a 4 day trip to Vegas and looking for recommendations on how to best spend our time. We belong to Club Corp so planning on playing Bears Best and Canyon Gate, however also looking for recommendations on other local courses to play. Hoping to do 36 a day, so...
Back