Search results for query: *

1. Wiskey

OKC - February 23rd - Lake Hefner GC

What happened with this? Can we set a new date? I did get that Tour of the City pass you recommended! Whiskey
  2. Wiskey

I'd love to get a monthly group of THP'ers together! We could even call it a club if we wanted to. Whiskey
  3. Wiskey

I use the grint to track my handicap, I don't have the premium membership though. I heard it's not official anymore if you don't pay. I'm part of a club in Ramona, but I'll switch if you set something up! It would be cool to have some of my rounds verified. Whiskey
  4. Wiskey

That's a bummer! What day were you thinking? Thank you, James
  5. Wiskey

I bought a never used golf bag for $30

I have a Ogio Silencer golf bag that is about the size and weight of a staff bag and I totally loved it in San Diego, but that's because most courses didn't give you a walking price. I just moved to Oklahoma City and I find about half the people walk here, partly because it cuts the golf price...
  6. Wiskey

I came SOOOO close to my first Eagle.

I was on a par 4, and hit a fabulous 270 yard drive. My average is 250 according to shot scope, but I find the screws sometimes! I'm sitting 110 from the hole, a perfect distance for my gap wedge since the wind is in my face just a little bit. I went through my routine, fully expecting to get...
  7. Wiskey

Do you use a single ball (brand and type) when you play?

I really hate loosing balls I paid for, so for the longest time I just played whatever balls I found. I'd have 3 various balls in my pocket and whatever one came out at the tee box is the one I played that hole. As I got better, with a more consistent putter stroke I found that speed control...
  8. Wiskey

Totally different swing for the driver? Do you do this?

Good morning! I had a lesson yesterday and my instructor (who is very qualified) keeps telling me that the driver is a totally different swing. With every other club, you rotate your shoulders, hit down on the ball, and shift your weight forward. BUT! He says that with the driver you have...
  9. Wiskey

Does anyone use a 5 hybrid?

Hello all! I have an issue. I play old clubs, and though I hit the 7-8-9 wonderfully, when I get down to the 5 the club gets so thin that I just can't seem to square the face or make consistent ball first contact. I use shot scope and when I look at approach shots I hit the green 4% of the...
  10. Wiskey

Is gambling a big thing in your golf games?

Hello all! (If you are looking for the question skip to paragraph three) We have a great golf culture at work and I regularly play with my coworkers. I also play as a single often and get paired up with random people. I'd say that 98% of the time there is money on the game. Not only with...
  11. Wiskey

Where do you buy used shafts?

Hello all! I would really like to try the standard, regular flex driver shaft from the Ping G driver, ideally I'd like to pick up one used to save money. I often buy clubs from sites like 3Balls, but they don't seem to sell just shafts, I even struggle to find these more standard shafts on...
  12. Wiskey

Has your car ever been hit by a golf ball?

Every time I go to any golf course in this area I see all these signs saying that the course is not responsible for damage to your car due to errant golf balls. One local course has a really bad design, with the parking lot just beyond the 18th green. 20 yards long and you have a situation...
  13. Wiskey

What is your record for holes played using a single ball?

I thought this would be a fun thread! Personally, about 2.5 rounds is the best I've managed before losing a ball, and that was a pretty lucky run! Normally playing 18 holes is a good trick. What is your record with a single ball? Whiskey
  14. Wiskey

Thinking about the Ogio Silencer Cart bag, what are your thoughts?

Hello everyone! The pockets on my very old golf bag are starting to rip, so I'm thinking its time to upgrade. I hate that the clubs stick together when pulling out of my 6 way divider bag, so I'm definitely going 14 way, but I came across the Ogio Silencer cart bag that keeps the clubs from...
  15. Wiskey

Why so early?

A common trend I notice in golf courses is that times around 7AM cost more than double what times at 3PM costs. For example, take the course near my house. It's a par 71 full size course in good shape with new carts attached to a resort. In the morning golf costs $71 right now, but if I...
  16. Wiskey

Anyone ever picked up a Persimmon driver for fun?

I play with a guy who loves his vintage equipment, he has all Persimmon woods and 80's irons. His swing is very precise and I figure that's because his clubs have a smaller sweet spot than today's 260cc drivers. He is left handed so I can't try his clubs, but I went on ebay and picked up a...
  17. Wiskey

Titleist Test ball?

Hello all! I found a ball while I was playing earlier this week that had the Titleist logo on it, but where it would normally have something like AVX or ProV1 it simply said Test. Is this a pre-production ball that they were testing with? Or is it something like a ball stamped Practice...
  18. Wiskey

Can you bend a putter?

My instructor taught me a new putting style which has me standing and holding my arms completely different (and using my core to putt not my arms), because of this my putter lie angle is no longer quite right. It's now hanging with the front of the club down and the heal up. My question is...
  19. Wiskey

Picture from new mountainside tee box

Hello all! The Pala Mesa resort is putting in a new Tee box on 18 way up on the hillside. It's not open yet but I got paired up with a member who showed me how to get up there. You shoot from way above the tree tops down to that fairway on the left which looks tiny from this vantage point...
  20. Wiskey

Golf Pride Tour Wrap white grips in white.

Hello all!! I'm a huge fan of the Golf Pride Tour wrap grips, they are cheap and super tacky, but I was re-gripping my woods today and saw them in the white version. They looked super cool against my club shafts so I got those instead of the black but now I'm wondering if they are going to...
Back