Search results for query: *

1. dthogey

Connections (daily game)

I see a lot of people like to play wordle. I have also started playing a daily game called connections. Give it a try and see what you think. https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections
  2. dthogey

Factle: similar to Wordle

Many of you are playing wordle, including me. My daughter turned me on to a similar game called Factle. After 3 days I have not won yet! Give it a try!
  3. dthogey

Covid surcharge

I experienced something for the 1st time yesterday, a green fee surcharge of $2 for the cartworker/ bag handler. As I carried my golf bag from my vehicle up to the bag drop 3 of the bag boys watched me approach and directed me to the cart I should load my bag on. I thought it was strange that...
  4. dthogey

Displaying the flag

I see lots and lots of American flags on display. I love it. My question is many of the flags I see are mounted on mail boxes or the side of a house or even a small flagpole and are not lit up at night. Is it OK to leave your flag out all night long without a light on it?
  5. dthogey

Spending more time together

I have 5 days off, instead of being out and very active I am cooped up at home with my wife. I am getting on her nerves! Be Honest, For those of you that are in the same boat as me, are you getting along great, no change, getting on each other's nerves? I think she is looking forward to me...
  6. dthogey

Tequila Thread

I'm sorry if there's already a Tequila thread out there. I checked but did not find one. I'm a bourbon drinker but have some friends that have recently started to drink tequila. My tequila experience ranges from El Toro to Jose Cuervo! Last week while on vacation I stopped in a cigar bar...
  7. dthogey

Tipping on the golf course

I know this topic has been here before. I'm not sure who posted it but somebody said that they often times give the cart girl a tip even when they don't buy anything. I have never thought about giving a tip when I didn't buy anything but I did this yesterday. It seemed like nobody was buying...
  8. dthogey

Funny golf course comments

I know there is a thread out there like this one but I couldn't find it. I was playing yesterday and hit my putt way past the hole, I was still away, a playing partner said, you know what USGA stands for in your case? You suck go again. That made me laugh!
  9. dthogey

Tipping. How much?

Most public courses around here in northern Michigan have young kids working summer jobs at these golf courses. The course I am a member of the bag boys do not split tips. I normally walk at my course and don't even need my bag loaded onto a cart but because I want to help these kids out I...
  10. dthogey

Posting scores in GHIN

What score's do you post for handicap purposes? The reason I ask this is over the last month I have played a lot of golf in either match-play format, a league with flexible rules, or weekend Skins game. In the match-play With buddies if we are out of the hole we might just pick up and not...
  11. dthogey

What is Kin?

What the heck is this kin? It keeps asking me if I want to award kin. This is obviously something new Tapatalk is doing but I'm not sure what it is. Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
  12. dthogey

100 greatest public courses in America

I apologize if this thread has already been started. But I was just reading through the Golf Digest list of America's top 100 golf courses. I was surprised to see how many courses Michigan has on the list! I have been very fortunate and been able to play 12 of these courses. How many of these...
  13. dthogey

Open club face

Well I've played a little golf on my buddies golf simulator the last two days. It has helped to shed some light on the reasons for my poor ball-striking and increase and the Big Slice. Many many of my shots the ball is struck with the clubface open anywhere from 1 to 5 degrees. My swing is...
  14. dthogey

Colon health

Okay, I'm sorry for this topic, you can tell how bored I am on my week off! I went in for a physical Tuesday. The doctor suggested to me that given my age it's time for a colon check. My choices are to either have a colonoscopy or utilize the colaguard service to get a sample at home and send...
  15. dthogey

Another rules question

My dad was recently playing in his member-guest tournament. He had a tee shot where the ball actually came to rest in a palm tree, they could see the ball. The opponents that he was paired with told him the only option was to go back to the tee and re hit with a stroke and distance penalty...
  16. dthogey

Rules question

The picture below shows the scenario, sorry about the drawing , I did it with my finger on my tablet. I had pulled my second shot over the penalty area close to the adjacent Fareway. My Approach shot to the green was from approximately 190 yards away, I hit a great hybrid that flew just over the...
  17. dthogey

Behavior from the gallery

I've seen the replay a couple times of the person in the gallery that swatted Jordan Spieth's errant shot back onto the green, this allowed Jordan to putt for a birdie. I was surprised that there was no ramification against the person that hit Jordan's ball on to the green. I just figured there...
  18. dthogey

Pickled eggs... Yay or Nay?

A lot of people like pickled eggs here in Michigan and especially in the upper peninsula, I made a batch today! What do you think?........Yay or nay? Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  19. dthogey

Lost ball out of bounds rule

I'm curious as to how and proceed under this rule. Do you drop in the Fairway equidistant from where are your ball comes to rest in the out of bounds, or do you play it from where it crosses the out-of-bounds line? For example if I block a t shot and it goes out of bounds 50 yards from the tee...
  20. dthogey

The Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup

I'm curious to know how these captains are chosen. I see Tiger Woods is the Presidents Cup captain and I'm wondering how that came to be. Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Back