Search results for query: *

1. H

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

After years, I finally broke down and tried the proV1. Around the green it was nice but sheesh was it low launching. It practically fell out of the air. I play in an area where you don't get much roll so this cut off my distance by a lot. Stunningly disappointed.
  2. H

TaylorMade Releases P7MB, P7MC and P770 Irons

Long review here. I picked up the P770 with stock shafts and grips in the offseason. Got a lot of range time in and have played several rounds. This is as much a ball review as it is a club review though. I switched out stuff because my set up last year (i200 + tp5x) was just hard feeling...
  3. H

Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Had covid and it wasn't pleasant in March 2020. Got my first Pfizer shot in March 2021. Had low grade fever, flu like symptoms and bad sore arm. Lasted a few days too. Second shot was milder. Lesser of a sore arm and that's about it. I was expecting to get my ass kicked and it wasn't bad...
  4. H

Ever Completely Lost Your Golf Swing?

I used to be deadly with my irons and terrible with my driver. I put a ton of work into my driver and have seen significant improvements in consistency, accuracy and distance. Now I can't hit my irons. I can't help myself from staying behind the ball and I end up hitting up on it...
  5. H

First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Thanks for the info. Can I ask what your swing speed is for comparison? I'm a 105 type on my driver and for gapping purposes 160-170 ish is just about right for a 7i for me. I keep reading really good distances for the Apex Pro given the lofts.
  6. H

First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Thanks for all of the write ups in this thread. A lot of good information. I'm currently playing i200's and they are getting a little long in the tooth. I'm looking for something with a wee bit better distance and feel without losing control. I played the cf16's when they came out and there...
  7. H

Oh, just stamp the darn degrees on irons please!

Better yet, put the yardage on it. So when someone asks: What club do you hit from 150 yards out? You can tell them: I hit my 150 yard club.
  8. H

Honest Opinion of Your Golf Game/New Outlook

I just sucked this year. When I think about it, I have sucked for several years. I used to be a consistent and good iron player and now I simply can't make good contact. I don't even know what I am doing wrong. I've gotten a wee bit older but its not showing up in my driver distance. Its...
  9. H

PING G425 Drivers and Irons

i225 irons soon? i525? Seriously should have stuck with 420.
  10. H

What Makes a Scratch Player?

Course slope and ratings are based on average golfers. Individually, everyone has characteristics about their games that will make them play better or worse on different courses. For instance, a long player who has trouble with accuracy is going to do the best on a long, wide open course. A...
  11. H

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Switched from chrome soft (2019) to tp5x this year and have several rounds in. The bad: - tp5x just makes this irritating clicky noise that makes you think you have a top flite. - its hard. I have Ping irons and between the two of them, I really feel anything that isn't pure center. - I...
  12. H

2020 Chrome Soft vs V1 vs TP5

Thank you for the details. Its surprisingly hard to find a sleeve of balls right now. Regardless, now that TP5 has the pix pattern it makes the switch much easier. I'll try out both like you said and go from there. I'm kind of disappointed in myself in just picking the CS based on feel and...
  13. H

2020 Chrome Soft vs V1 vs TP5

Sorry for the somewhat old bump but this thread matches my question. I have been chipping and putting in the basement in quarantine and have been thinking about changing golf balls. I have been playing chrome soft for years. I really like the truvis because it helps me focus on the ball...
  14. H

Irons: What is most important to you?

I'll bring up one I haven't seen much: Turf interaction. I can be a digger at times and a club that doesn't grab is good for my games and my body. I would say: 1. Distance consistency 2. Turf interaction 3. Feel Don't care that much about looks within reason. I wouldn't buy a club that...
  15. H

Faldo says driver size should be reduced

I don't know what the issue is. If someone is upset about tour pros changing how the courses were meant to be played, make a "tournament" ball that everyone has to play with in a sanctioned tour event. You can just tweak it so that it doesn't go as far and everyone will play with the same...
  16. H

Which Playing Partner Bothers You the Most?

Agree this. Glacially slow just ruins the game for me. Even a smack talker isn't the worst thing in the world. Either he is all talk and you can humiliate him or he actually knows what he is doing and you can learn something. To a large degree, I don't know why iron covers is on here. If...
  17. H

Iron Swing - How Much Effort?

When I use my body, like really swing hard, I really don't gain that much distance. If I swing it as hard as I possibly could, I could probably hit my 7 iron close to 170 if I caught it right. Like, really swung out of my shoes using every muscle to twist and push the club and hard as I can...
  18. H

How Many of us can Break 90 using only Irons, Wedges and a Putter

There are many days where my score would have been much better had I never pulled a wood out of the bag. When I was playing my best golf, I frequently hit 3 iron off the tee and actually used a 1 iron from time to time. Was a 6 handicap, albeit playing a lot of short, tight courses.
  19. H

What If Tiger Played Player's Cavity Back?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but Tiger is altering the shot trajectory, spin and the left/right movement of the ball in order to get it as close to the pin as possible given wind and green conditions. He isn't having problems with launch or mishits. If someone wanted to improve irons...
  20. H

"Jacked" Lofts in 2020

I'm just being a stickler here but when you look at the profiles of these advanced clubs, they either have a higher peak height or lower launch angle than a more traditional, older tech club. Its defying conservation of energy to get a faster ball speed but the same launch angle and peak...
Back