Search results for query: *

1. A

Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

Have not ridden a cart in 5 years
  2. A

When did The Masters become THE major?

the other majors have helped it become The Major Inconsitant venue's, moving the tournament time, courses that can't keep up with guys hitting 350 yard drivers.
  3. A

Shaft Length for a Driver

I have stock and I have -1 tour length. Currently playing tour length. Don't see that it has any material impact on distance. How I make contact is far more important on both distance and accuracy.
  4. A

Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

just wanted to pop in an say hi, I live in Northern Ky, work in Cincinnati and play most of my golf in rural Indiana most recently. I see that a number of ou appear to be in the Cincy metro.
  5. A

Random Thoughts based on a round with 3 guys much better than I

The beasts that bomb it +275 that I've played with were impressive and fun in a scramble but not the best scores. best scores were the guys that appear boring to watch but they are not making many errors and proximity to pin was very good. I've played with some great true Senior golfers...
  6. A

How Do You Prepare For a Tough Course?

Bring lots of balls If that is not working drink more beer
  7. A

Nebulous Question Alert: At what handicap is one considered a "good" golfer?

Like this as well and I want to share why. It was only in 2023 that I could say that my warmup swing before the round looked really good. not just accuracy but the height on the ball was amazing. What I wanted to see is that some of that made it to the course; and it did...
  8. A

Thanks for posting. You are much more detailed in describing it. It was a distant memory but you captured it perfectly. I played with a group of college golfers down in Phx metro many years ago. No pro's but college guys. They dropped putts like I'd never seen before and when...
  9. A

6 hr round

I did a scramble out there at the UK course a few year ago in less then 4 hours but everyone had motivation to be back at the event tent for free drinks at 5
  10. A

I'm a 3 handi on the range. add emotion and pressure on a course alone and I'm a 12
  11. A

thank you! good in week frirendly difffernt then people we see on TV
  12. A

a decent professional and an ameture in any sport should never be in the same sentance. for the same reason that someone making 750K a year and a billionaire should never be in the same sentence. Once upon a time a pro on the boston Celtics last name scalobrini was trashed on boston sports...
  13. A

Need to work on my chipping as my wife is better at it than I am

my wife's clubs are never played. consider yourself privalaged
  14. A

6 hr round

not sure this has to do with slow play. Reed had his worst game of the year. I suspect making 5 million a year this time next year has its reward
  15. A

Have you noticed how many recent PGA winners think Ben Hogan is full of ****

This hits me at great context that I'd not even considered. When I tee a ball up on a par3, I get it just off the grass and to a casual glance one might think it was on the ground. really trying to ensure I don't have a bad lie on a tee box and even 30 years ago on some public...
  16. A

legally in this country you are correct if the criteria was teach yourself, use balls & clubs that are ~80 model years before ours, and be one of the most accurate ball strikers the world has known then one comes to another answer. I do think the equipment he used, his skill, and lack of...
  17. A

I don't know which is better because I can't strike it pure enough from swing to swing to determine. Only a few humans in the history of the world have the right to talk about if Hogan was right or wrong IMO and I'm not one. Pretty sure no one on the internet or playing professionaly at...
  18. A

Lessons at 55 after playing for 40 yrs.

you have a dream situation! Totally different trying to find someone to help the +50 community if you start from zero
  19. A

Winn grips - yea or nay?

Love them! Durability is acceptable in my hands. My practice set needs to be re-gripped but I hit 30 balls almost daily using 2-4 clubs per practice session. My gaming set has about 50 rounds plus warm-ups or 1 year of play for me and they are in OK shape. I will change both sets out...
  20. A

Playing With Confidence

once upon a time as a much younger man, I had a meltdown. Then I departed the game for about 15 years while raising kids. When I rejoined I became a student of the game. +5 years after becoming a student I improve and now am far better then my first 30 years of golf. In 2023, I...
Back