Search results for query: *

1. Antihero

Draw Flight Without Lower Back Issues

I can't seem to generate a consistent draw flight unless I rotate considerably and follow through considerably. When I do this fairly consistently, SS increases and so does carry/total. Distance gains are clearly visible and measurable. The problem is, my lower back feels it. So for...
  2. Antihero

Getting "Handsy"

Recent, intermiitent issue cropped up with my driver swing during the past three rounds: Hard pulls. This has been proven to be a very effective in making for several blowup holes per round. I generally have a slight draw---but this is different. No curvature really--just mid flight missiles...
  3. Antihero

Importance of Course Management

A question for those who have gone from a 20 HC to 10 or less---How much of the improvement was due to improved course management/different ways of approaching the game for optimal score? What were the key takeaways? I recently took a lesson from a good PGA pro. During the lesson we played...
  4. Antihero

Favorite Course vs. Least: Why?

Straightforward question. What say you? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  5. Antihero

How Did You Know?

After playing for X amount of time/effort/energy and investing X on lessons or practice---At what point in time were you able to forecast your peak future potential (within reason)? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  6. Antihero

Conventional Watch: Swing Speed Factor?

This may be a stupid question but can wearing a traditional style stainless steel watch impact swing speed and carry/total distance? I started wondering as various shafts are measured in grams. Pretty sure my watch (which by habit is always on) weighs more like x number of ounces. So the...
  7. Antihero

Long but interesting video. Curious to hear THP thoughts and feedback.

Why Golf Today Is A Secular Short (A PGA Insider's View) http://flip.it/XNl5ET Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  8. Antihero

What Drives Your Tee Box Decision?

What rationale do you use when picking your preferred distance? Do you use some form of math involving an average drive distance? Handicap/average score? Something more ambiguous? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  9. Antihero

"Someday it'll be funny" thread

Thought I'd start a new thread about things that happen on a golf course that may be funny one day----maybe just not today. So today my buddy accomplished this feat. At a private course no less. Innocent enough---Downhill slope. Hit a good drive. Maybe a little too good. Wasn't sure if it...
  10. Antihero

Breaking FW Shafts

Shameful admission: I have shattered the shaft inside the ferrule in two Rogue SZ 5 Woods. This is within about a 10 week span. I clearly don't have the most consistent swing (working with a PGA coach) but what confuses me is that my misses tend to be off the toe. I don't recall ever...
  11. Antihero

Anyone in the Tampa Bay area interested in teeing it up tomorrow?

Private course. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and can stomach playing with a 25.4 HC. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  12. Antihero

Your handicap should be -------- before you play in a league/regular skins game/MGA

Just curious to read the responses. I suspect there are unspoken expectations but want hear experienced opinions Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  13. Antihero

The one thing worse than sitting beside "that guy" on an airplane is.....

Getting stuck paired up with them and sharing a golf cart for four hours Calling today's outing a "social mismatch." Kind of like forcibly stuffing two repelling magnets together for an entire morning. A very awkward and unpleasant four hours of my life I'll never get back. Seriously...
  14. Antihero

Unable to hit indoors?

Is it just me that hits farther, better, more consistently outside on a Trackman type device vs. indoor golf shop/big box stores? Maybe a mental thing or due to hitting off mats and those horrible rubber tees? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  15. Antihero

Wind Adjustments

Haven't seen a thread that addresses my specific question. Apologies if it's already been covered. My question: Anyone have a hard and fast rule for wind speed adjustments? Such as "club up one club per x mph increase." Or "club down one club for x mph tail wind." If so, what are your...
  16. Antihero

It's Not You, It's Me......

Hypothetical question: Imagine you started playing about a year ago. Started taking lessons from a PGA pro about 10 months ago. Took about 14 or so lessons during that year Went from no cap to a 26 then reverted back to about a 31. Imagine you play an average of 7 rounds a month and hit...
  17. Antihero

Moment of Silence for My Driver

Got a new driver recently. Rogue (draw bias--10.5 turned down to 9.5). For two weeks we had a great relationship. Longest, straightest drives I have ever hit. It was truly a happy time in my life. I imagined a very fulfilling future with my new partner. But yesterday it developed a bad...
  18. Antihero

Tampa Bay Area Casual Golf Rounds?

I am a fairly new (playing about a year) 30.5 GHIN handicap looking to expand my network of golfing partners. I actually hit fairly long but have dispersion and short game issues. I score way too high, but am conscientious about not playing slow. If anyone in the area is interested in...
  19. Antihero

Finding Playing Partners

Curious to hear recommendations for the easiest way to find additional playing partners? Do any of the apps such as Golfmatch work? I'm a bit hesitant to join leagues, etc. because I am fairly new to the game and currently carry a 30 handicap. My assumption is most leagues are populated by...
Back