Search results for query: *

1. Buster1

Getting to St Andrews; In Edinburg

We’re in Edinburg. Possibly stuck. Is anyone else here and how are you getting out to the course? Rail strikes and train shutdowns seem to be the big concern. We’ve been told to not take the train to Leuchars. Busses are possible but we’re hearing of gridlocked roads out there. Wondering if...
  2. Buster1

Going To The Open!

I just received notice! I’ve got tickets for St Andrews in July!!!!!!
  3. Buster1

Top Golf Office Outing, Help!

My supervisor wants to organize an office social outing at Top Golf. Knowing I'm the only golfer in the office he came to me to ask to organize something. The problem is... I've never been to a Top Golf. I have an idea on what it's all about, but I don't really know. I'm imagining something...
  4. Buster1

Marshal Told Us to Speed Up

No one behind our foursome, but we lost pace with the foursome in front of us. We were starting #8 at about 1:40 and on pace to finish #9 at 2:10 when the marshal came by and asked us to play faster. We were also cart-path only and doing our best to abide by that. No one was upset, but we were a...
  5. Buster1

TaylorMade M5 Warranty Claim Question

My TM M5 driver (1st Gen) started developing the typical carbon fiber crack on the bottom of the club. It’s on the bit that overhangs the weight track and is common to the first few M5s that were produced. It’s 1 yr 10 months old, and the warranty is 2 years. I found my receipt too! I’ve...
  6. Buster1

Check Your Setup: Overlay Photos

Hey guys, well recently I’ve been really working on my stance and setup position. I tend to get my hands a little far out (away from my belt buckle) and I wanted to check it. Now, I’m no Tiger or Rory, but I found some good articles and photos online and decided to replicate those shots for me...
  7. Buster1

Your 2021 Golf Resolution

What’s your 2021 golf resolution? Specific to your golf game, equipment, practice, or whatever. Mine is to tame my unpredictable driver, and hopefully shave a stroke off my handicap. Happy New Year!
  8. Buster1

Driver Suddenly Inconsistent...Advice Pls

In the past few weeks, my driver has suddenly become erratic and inconsistent, and I’m wondering if anyone has had anything similar and can offer some assistance? Let me try to describe what is happening. Background: 9.5hcp, ~95mph swing speed, reg shaft TM M5, consistent set-up routine and...
  9. Buster1

Vegas Golf Poker Chip Game

Anyone play this fun game with their regular foursome? How do you handle payouts? While I would never condone gambling on the course,;) I’m struggling with how to determine points and who buys the round at the 19th. Recently, for simplicity, we just tally up chips and whoever has the most...
  10. Buster1

Club Champion Iron Fitting Cost?

Ballpark out the door? I recently did a wedge fitting at CC, and purchased 3 custom wedges, pured and all the trimmings. So worth it, and I’m now thinking of going in for irons. What should I budget?
  11. Buster1

How do You Decide? New Irons

How do YOU decide it’s time for new irons? Mine are 3 yrs old (Played / Practiced monthly, no Seasons off, desert golf) and looking pretty worn on the faces. Grooves are pretty dull. But they play great still. Starting to contemplate new irons.
  12. Buster1

Do You Carry 1 Opposite Club?

Do you carry one club that is opposite your normal handedness? For instance you normally play right handed clubs, but you carry one left handed club... just in case. If so, what club is it?
  13. Buster1

Do you Fit/Bend Your Wedges?

Lie angle is always off a couple degrees for me on every wedge I try. Wondering if that’s typical? Second question: can you order wedges custom to your lie angles, or do most folks order ‘stock’ wedges and then have them bent?
  14. Buster1

PerfectMotion App

Anyone try this? It’s supposed to tell you your swing flaws.
  15. Buster1

Friend w/ Anger Management Issues

A really good friend of mine has serious anger management issues on the course. Yesterday, as his otherwise two-over round unraveled to 10 over, the profanity, yelling, and club smashing got pretty bad. He hit a provisional on 18 and that one also went grossly OB too. My friend screams “F#&K” so...
  16. Buster1

Do you Walk and Carry?

Yesterday I walked and carried my clubs for 9 holes. First time doing that since High School (which was 30 yrs ago!) 1+35 min as well. I can say I enjoyed it, and I’m fairly fit. But my back was pretty tired by the end and I was sweating like a pig (it was 85*). I also found that after I set...
  17. Buster1

Are Game Improvement Irons Hurting My Game?

I’m currently gaming a set of cavity-back Ping G25s. I love them and I’ve got my distances dialed in. However I’ve noticed I don’t hit them as far as my friends, but maybe that’s due to lofts? I feel like my accuracy is poor too. I still struggle with decent GIR, despite being a 9-10 hc. Are...
  18. Buster1

Provisional Ball: Stroke Question

Put a drive into no-mans-land today. Announced and hit a provisional. Center of fairway. Got up to where first shot landed, and sure enough... it was lost in heavy bushes. I know the rule states it’s a “penalty of a stroke and distance,” for an in-bounds lost ball... thus the provisional shot...
  19. Buster1

Wedges: Cleveland or Titleist?

Talking modern wedges, say Cleveland RTX or Titleist Vokey? What is the better wedge, and WHY?
  20. Buster1

How do You Quantify Slope?

Okay, how do you break down Slope when it comes to difficulty? Example: 113: Average 125: Tough 130: Real Tough 140: Difficult 150-155: Insane
Back