Search results for query: *

1. K

Family Vacation

Hey guys! We are kicking around a couple different locations for a family trip next month. Looking at Gulf Shores, Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach. We are wanting some beach time and relaxation and I don't want our teenage daughters to be bored to death if I get in a round or two daily. I've...
  2. K

Vacation Stops in Gettysburg and Cleveland

We are taking the kids to Gettysburg and working our way home via Cleveland and Sandusky. Going to spend 2 days in Gettysburg (I am a big history buff and the daughters enjoy the paranormal stuff) then we plan on catching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Cedar Point on the way home. Any advice...
  3. K

First Outing With G15 Irons

Had my first opportunity to hit my new G15 irons this afternoon. These clubs are a huge departure from my old Ben Hogan Apex Edge irons. I am not golfing nearly as often as I used to so I wanted to get a more forgiving club; the Hogans were beginning to really punish me. The soles and topline...
  4. K

Ping G15 or G20???

After 15+ years of devoted service I am finally retiring my Hogan Apex Edge forged irons. I am not playing nearly as often as I used to and as such are looking for a more forgiving state-of the-art set of irons. I have narrowed my new irons down to the Ping G20 or G15. I've hit both and...
  5. K

Nickelback Concert

The wife and I went to see Nickelback open up their U.S. tour last night in Moline. Very good concert all the way around. I enjoy their heavier stuff and the wife enjoys looking at Chad Kroeger. They had My Darkest Days, Seether and Bush touring with them. Seether was impressive (some vocals...
  6. K

Custom Made Ball Mark Tool

Yesterday I was out in the garage and I finally got to work on a ball mark tool. I'd had been searching for one with a wooden top and I just couldn't find one. I put an oak top on my first attempt, but I am going to purchase some different types of wood (walnut, cherry and persimmon come to...
  7. K

Nissan Altima Owners

Any of you guys out there own a Nissan Altima? With the fear of gas prices this summer I am thinkning of trading in my truck for a 2011 Altima. Test drove one Saturday and it seemed like a nice car... lots of nice options. It was very quick for a 4 cylinder. Just wondering how they are...
  8. K

Keegan Bradley's Spitting

I just saw on Yardbarker where some folks are all bound-up over Keegan Bradley spitting during the Northern Trust Open. It looked to me like it was a nervous habit and that he wasn't conscious he was spitting as much as he was. It strikes me that some folks need to invest in larger underwear...
  9. K

Scotty Cameron Tei3 Putter

Do any of you folks have a Scotty Tei3 putter? I have a chance to buy one (Newport) from a friend for $100. It appears to be authentic and in good shape and I trust my buddy completely. He bought it new in '97 or '98. I just received my BB-1 last week, but if I can land this one for $100 why...
  10. K

Short Sleeve Mock Turtlencks

So we've had our dress code relaxed at work and I'm thinking some short sleeve mocks would work under a sport coat as well as on the course. Can any of you folks advise where I can find these at a reasonable price? I did some searching last nite but had very little luck. Thanks. KCM
  11. K

golfcloseoutsale.com????

Anyone out there in THP ever dealt with these folks? I came upon this website tonight. Their prices look too good to be true. Maybe it's the skeptic in me but you know what they say about "too good to be true". Any feedback would be appreciated on this place. Thanks in advance. KCM
  12. K

Putter Shopping Tomorrow

Local golf shop has 2011 Scotty Cameron putters on sale for $199 so I'm taking a roadtrip tomorrow. I've stroked a pre-owned Ping for over 10 years now so I've got my money's worth out of her. I am anxious to try out the Scottys and see if they are really all they are said to be. Anything I...
  13. K

Yoga for Golf

I am interested in finding an instructional dvd or well illustrated book on yoga regimens for golfers. I have always enjoyed lifting weights, but as I am getting a little older (44 in a week) I am seeking a workout that will provide an alternative to the weights and increase my flexibility too...
  14. K

1st Lesson Ever Today

I finally broke down and took my first lesson ever this afternoon. My dad started taking me golfing when I was 13, I'm now 44. Being taught to golf by someone who swings opposite what you do is an experience. In spite of myself, I manage to play bogey golf routinely. I've always struggled...
  15. K

Low Spin Drivers

I was planning on taking some time next week and trying some drivers. I was looking for input on new model or a year or two past low spin drivers. I know in a perfect world I should get a fitting but I don't live in a perfect world and there are very few places to get a fitting in my area. I...
  16. K

Any Experiences with Cobra S3 Max Driver?

I tested a Cobra S3 Max Driver, with offset head, yesterday. It swung very nice and seemed to diminish my slice on the monitor. I know Cobra makes fine clubs but to be honest I had never seen one of these drivers before. Anyone out there have one of these guys or any reviews / experience with...
Back