Search results for query: *

1. Chef23

Which clubs for the top end of my bag (3w, 5w, 21*UW & 9W)

I have a trip to Florida to play in a member guest next week and I need to sort out the top end of my bag. I have some numbers from TrackMan over the weekend and am trying to sort out what to bring with me: First are total distance numbers with details on the 3w. I am planning to keep the 3W...
  2. Chef23

Bryan Bros videos with Jon Rahm

There is a series of current Bryan Bros videos with Jon Rahm that are excellent watches. There is one that is Jon v Wesley v George medal play and one that is Jon & Wes playing best ball v George and Grant Horvath playing scramble. They are fun watches. It is obvious that Jon and Wes played a...
  3. Chef23

Rory vs Micah Morris QI10

I thought this was a cool video of Rory vs Micah Morris. They did a first to a mile of distance 1760 yards. Micah's speed is unreal but Rory is a freaking machine. Each of Rory's drive were between 338 and 345 based on the Trackman projections. I think it was worth the 20 minute watch.
  4. Chef23

Outside diameter on Srixon irons

I am reshafting my Srixon ZX5 MKII and need to order some ferrules. Does anyone know what the outside diameter is of the irons so I can order ferrules that are the right OD. I hate turning them down. I have calipers but can’t find them my office and workspace are both a mess right now and...
  5. Chef23

Thanks to the THP writers

I want to give a shout out to the THP writers for all the equipment release articles we are seeing right now. I realized out at the Srixon Experience that this is a side gig for most of them and witnessed @Hawk and @JB working on stuff while the rest of us were having fun. Thanks to all of you...
  6. Chef23

Trackman Driver test tied into Callaway ball tests

I stumbled on a Trackman driver test while doing some ball testing today. I did the test with the Chrome Tour today. I am going to do one test each time I am on the sim because it is 10 driver swings and I had already made a lot of swings that day. I thought 30 to do it 3 times might wear me...
  7. Chef23

First and last scores of 2023

What are your first and last scores of 2023? I think I am done for the season. It is out of posting season anyway but I played a full round yesterday and shot 76. Interestingly enough I looked back and on January 18 in FL I also shot 76. I have 68 rounds posted in between with a low of 73...
  8. Chef23

Does this golf ball work for me

I am going to channel @OldandStiff on the golf ball front. Below is an image of a solid 7 iron I hit the other night. The ball is the Srixon ZStar diamond which is the ball I played most of the year. I am going to do this with a number of different balls over the winter. I have recently come...
  9. Chef23

Cool video with Scottie & Jordan testing Titleist golf balls

I watched an interesting video with Scottie & Jordan hitting different shots with wedge, 7i and driver getting spin numbers with the different Titleist models. One interesting tidbit from the Titleist guy on the video was don’t adjust the ball to your driver adjust the driver to fit the ball...
  10. Chef23

For Sale Shotscope X5

I have a Shotscope X5 for sale. I am looking for $150 including shipping if it is an Albatross member. It works well. It just doesn’t seem to be for me. Aggressively priced for a fall sale.
  11. Chef23

Hovering the club at address including irons

I have always started with the club on the ground for everything. Since it has been raining here I have been in the simulator the last few days. I started hovering the driver and it seemed to smooth out my takeaway and actually pick up a few miles of club head speed. Inspired by how it was...
  12. Chef23

Impact of grip size on clubhead speed

I switched to mid-size grips on all my clubs this year. The club just felt more secure in my hand. My hands aren’t that large I wear a cadet m/l glove. I grabbed a Ventus Blue TR 5s from a buddy and put it in my Paradym X. I was consistently getting 95 mph clubhead speed with that combo. I...
  13. Chef23

Great 1 hour practice routine

I just stumbled on this Ben Hadden video with a 1 hour practice routine. It is great and covers all parts of your game. I don’t usually spend as much time putting as he does and it shows. I am going to try to wrap this in to my practice sessions:
  14. Chef23

For Sale Recoil Dart 75 F4 5-AW .355

7 Recoil Dart 75 F4 flex. These clubs were 1/2” over standard in Srixon irons. They are very clean pulled using a shaft puller with minimum heat. No grips. Looking for $250 and will include shipping for Albatross members.
  15. Chef23

It may be time for me to put aside competitive golf for a while

I played some local amateur stuff in the late 90s through early 2000s including a few state ams and trying to qualify for USGA stuff. I took a good chunk of time off due to kids and some health issues and started back playing in a few senior events about 3 years ago. Mostly I scored in the low...
  16. Chef23

Is it okay to hit two balls when playing as a single on a crowded course

I feel if you are a single and stacked up behind a foursome it is okay to play multiple balls as long as you are right behind the group in front of you? I think the answer is definitely yes. I saw this article where the writer disagrees...
  17. Chef23

For Sale Cobra LTDx, Nippon Modus 120s shafts, Speed Sticks and Ventus Blue 6s 3w shaft

A bunch of stuff for sale. Trying to clean up stuff floating around for various reasons. I apologize if my pictures aren’t very good I am very much a rookie at doing this. Shipping is included for Albatross members. An extra $15 for non Albatross. I think things are priced fairly but feel...
  18. Chef23

Anybody use a broomstick

I used a broomstick for a bunch of years. When the anchoring ban came in I went back to short putters. I have dabbled with going back to the long stick but kept going back to the shortie. I was thinking about good putting rounds I could remember over the last 10 years or so and they all...
  19. Chef23

Southern Pines GC

We are on a golf trip in Pinehurst and played Southern Pines today. If you are in the area you need to go play it. The course is unbelievable. It is one of those courses you could play every day and love it. They finished some renovations recently and the fairways could be a little better...
  20. Chef23

Where do your eyes focus on a sand shot

I have been inconsistent out of the sand lately. I understand the setup and technique but I have been tending to get too much ball lately. It led me to think about where I look during a sand shot. I have been focusing on the ball even though I want to hit behind it. Last night I started...
Back