Search results for query: *

1. butchammon

What’s your favorite putter?

Good morning..... Mmmm, coffee!! :cool: I already posted about my Odyssey White Hot XG (post #5 above), which will never EVER leave my bag! However, my #2 putter from my collection, is an absolute classic fully restored by me and Golf Galaxy: ....................1973 Ping...
  2. butchammon

What’s your favorite putter?

My highly prized 2010 Odyssey White Hot XG 2.0 #1. Ever since I had an Odyssey jumbo grip put on it, it changed everything. I don't know how, I don't know why, I don't understand... It's just.... magical!
  3. butchammon

Something you learned in High School

I learned that lilac bushes mask the smell of a certain... uh... foreign substance that was always being passed around, outside after lunch.
  4. butchammon

What is your job industry like for 2024?

Try driving a school bus for something to do, after a career in the military and then retire - only to look at the I.T. industry and go, "Hmmmm".... Try venturing into the I.T. industry immediately upon military retirement, and last about a decade (sorry... you're too old now, and kind of like...
  5. butchammon

Do you know your putting tendencies?

Right to left --- 100% of the time, I will sink the putt.. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it is what it is. Also, my prized Odyssey White Hot XG has the most important role in this as well! :cool:
  6. butchammon

What is your useless super power?

Mine is more musical oriented. Play me a famous old school rock 'n roll, hard rock, heavy metal, song (aka guitar riff or solo). I will immediately strap on my Fender Stratocaster, high gain channel on my amp, and go "toe to toe" with the more famous lead guitarist in the hard rock band...
  7. butchammon

Most Popular (Best Selling) Putter?

I tend to agree with others on this entire post about the Odyssey Two Ball. Look it up for yourself. Check Google. Look up YouTube. It's out there.
  8. butchammon

When do you know it’s time for a change?

To me, once you find "the one" nothing else matters. Sure, sure, it's always fun to play around with various putters in a collection, but "the one" will always be in your bag - unless something horrific happens and you just can't sink a putt to save your life. Then it's time to look at the...
  9. butchammon

PING BeCu Putters

Here's a tale of two putters both old and new(er): Left: 1973 Ping Pal (that I/Golf Galaxy restored), and is one of my classic backup putters in my collection. Right: My prized 2010 Odyssey White Hot XG 2.0 that I will never get rid of.
  10. butchammon

Retirement coming soon --- lots of golf in the future! :)

Thanks, guys.... I can't wait! Last day of school: May 31st. --summer break-- Official date of retirement as per H/R: Sept 1st. 1) US Coast Guard (full career and retired). 2) I.T. Industry, Unix servers, Databases, etc... (but got too "old" and was viewed as a dinosaur) :( 3) Public Schools...
  11. butchammon

Retirement coming soon --- lots of golf in the future! :)

I have *finally* decided, enough is enough, and drafted up my letter of retirement to the county pubic schools transportation dept (yes, I drive a school bus for something to do). 12 years (Sept 2024) is enough. I just can't do another year or more. I'm done. It's a miracle I lasted almost...
  12. butchammon

Doodling around with an old Ping B60....

Thanks.... It seems like the overall weight and feel of the B60 is almost like my Odyssey White Hot.
  13. butchammon

Doodling around with an old Ping B60....

I have a 1983 Ping B60 in my collection, and earlier today, in the middle of winter (whatever winter we have here in Virginia), I drove out to the local golf course & practice range. Anyway, I decided to mess around with my old B60 on the hard winterized practice green, and to my surprise, I...
  14. butchammon

When should Christmas music start on the radio?

A few days after Thanksgiving would be nice...
  15. butchammon

Just recently got a new/used 2017 GMC Canyon pickup truck (locking fiberglass tonneau cover, etc...)

I added a little class to the rear window of my new/used GMC Canyon, yesterday.... My USCG Retired window decal came in the mail, right in time for Veteran's Day! :cool:
  16. butchammon

Just recently got a new/used 2017 GMC Canyon pickup truck (locking fiberglass tonneau cover, etc...)

The Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon are excellent mid-sized pickup trucks, larger than the Ford Ranger, etc... According to all sorts of vehicle reports, they "lose" to the Toyota Tacoma, that's all. I had trucks and trucks, for decades... It was just that my beloved 2000 Chevy Silverado died on...
  17. butchammon

What a deal my wife and & stumbled upon at Carmax here in town! I had to part ways with my old, worn out, 112,000 miles, leaky sunroof, 2012 Ford Escape SUV.... We found a beautiful, fully loaded, 2017 GMC Canyon (i.e. Chevy Colorado - same thing, same truck) for a fantastic price, and jumped...
  18. butchammon

Ping B60 (what is it about this old putter from 1983?)

As seen in my signature... My favorite #1 putter of all time is my prized Odyssey White Hot XG 2.0 that always stays in my bag. But yet, I have been messing around with my small collection, Ping Pal, Ping B60, Odyssey DF550, etc... and have found that I sink putt after putt with the B60, right...
  19. butchammon

Mid Atlantic meet up- Sept

I'm here... I'm here... Just been incredibly busy driving a school bus. It's completely insane, with unruly little <expletives> :mad:
  20. butchammon

What is your home course?

Home course: The course where you know every bunker, you know every hazard, you know every green, etc.... Sycamore Creek, Virginia. ---> Home - Sycamore Creek Golf Course (creekrva.com) Before that, it was the legendary Belmont Golf Course (aka, the site of the 1949 PGA Championship, won by...
Back