Search results for query: *

1. Supperman

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The St. Patrick’s Day Carolers came by last night for their annual night of going house to house singing the old Irish standards. Here they are in our kitchen. You can see the Guinness boys in the back row, and of course they’re led by good old Father Murphy. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
  2. Supperman

What Kind of Car is This?

A couple of years ago we were tromping around the forest in Northern Saskatchewan and came across this car in the middle of nowhere. Are there any car experts who could tell me what kind of car this is?
  3. Supperman

My New Book Finally Arrived

I ordered a book from Ikea. It finally came today.
  4. Supperman

Wolf Moon

Here's a picture of the Wolf Moon from January 6, the first full moon of 2023.
  5. Supperman

Winter Solstice

6. Supperman

You Get One Putt

Which one would you pick?
  7. Supperman

Abbey Road GCC

A while back I had a chance to play the Abbey Road GCC. I was alone but got teamed up with this threesome. Their usual fourth couldn’t make it that day, apparently he’s the low ‘capper of the bunch.
  8. Supperman

Looking for a Spider

I got home from a round of golf and found this note from my wife. We were on high alert for a while.
  9. Supperman

Constellations Lyra and Cygnus

Here are two versions of a picture of the constellations Lyra and Cygnus, taken early Sunday morning (Sept 8). Also, you can see on the right side of the picture, two transients. The lower one is a satellite, and the upper one could very well be a straggler from the Perseid Meteor Shower. Taken...
  10. Supperman

Yoga and Golf

Yoga has really helped my golf game. Here’s a picture of me doing a Tree Pose at the Waskesiu Golf course in northern Saskatchewan In case you’re having trouble picking me out from all the trees in the picture, I have a hat on.
  11. Supperman

93-Year-Old Scores an Ace on His Final Hole Ever

Pretty amazing. https://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/93-year-old-gets-first-hole-in-one-in-final-round-of-golf-ever?atrack=search%3Anone&seapos=result%3A1%3A93-year-old%20gets%20first%20hole-in-one%20in%20his%20final%20round%20of%20golf%20ever&page=1
  12. Supperman

Happy May Long Weekend!!

I'm off to the lake to open up the cabin for the season. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  13. Supperman

Longest Hole-outs

Over the years I have three fairly long hole-outs. I’ve aced a 119 yard par-three, I’ve holed out for eagles from 105 yards and 100 yards, and I saved par with hole-out of about 80 yards. What are your longest hole-outs?
  14. Supperman

Picture of Orion

After several cloudy nights a couple of weeks ago, the sky finally cleared and I got the opportunity to get this shot of the constellation Orion.
  15. Supperman

First Round of the Year!

We have a long off-season here in Saskatchewan (usually around 6 months) and yesterday I finally got out for my first round of the season. And, it was my best opening round ever! I missed only two fairways and the putter was hot. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the season...
  16. Supperman

One Of These Things is Not Like the Other

Last weekend I went to the fridge downstairs to get some Guinness and found an interloper. As they say on Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the other . . ."
  17. Supperman

Hello from Canada

Greetings everyone! I live in Saskatoon, SK and I've been playing golf since the 70's. I work at a local TV station although I'm fast sneaking up on retirement. Other than golf I enjoy fishing, backyard astronomy, and yoga. This seems to be a terrific golf forum and I look forward to...
Back