Search results for query: *

1. BigDill

Root Cause - Injured on the Course

If I hit a couple thousand more golf balls during the rest of my life, what happened to me today will never happen again. I was playing in a Grint event today at my home course. I was really struggling through the round (my iron game right now is in shambles) and I hit my drive in 18 right...
  2. BigDill

Girl Scout Thin Mint Pretzels

Found these at Costco and they are more amazing than I can possibly describe in words. They taste like fancy thin mints. If you are a fan, you need to buy these.
  3. BigDill

How Do You Make Iced Tea?

I love iced tea. Or as some people wrongly call it, unsweetened iced tea. But I don’t have a great way of making it. I have tried brewing hot tea and cooling it. I have tried the cold brew bags. I seem to end up with either to little tea flavor, or some soapy aftertaste. I am currently using...
  4. BigDill

Medium Cool Miami Beach - What Are You Drinking?

Just opened in February. It’s in the very, very bottom of the Gale hotel in Miami Beach. Very cool jazz bar vibe. Very fancy feel.
  5. BigDill

The Definitive THP Music List

As I sit here through a 5 and a half hour round, my extended playlist has reached its end and I am searching for songs to add. That got me thinking, why don’t we have a THP playlist? So let’s start one. Everyone chime in with your favorite on course songs. Once the thread gets going, I’ll build...
  6. BigDill

FS: Callaway Paradym 10.5 Driver with Ventus Blue 5R TR Velocore Shaft and Dormie Workshop Head Cover

I am selling my father in law’s Callaway Paradym driver. It’s a 10.5 head with a Ventus Blue TR Velocore 5R shaft. It also includes the black Dormie Workshop head cover that is pictured. It’s a sweet setup that retails over $1000 if you wanted to build it new. There is a small mark on the front...
  7. BigDill

FS: Bettinardi BB-1F 34 Inches New

Trying to move some things to a new home. For sale is a Bettinardi BB-1F 34 inches with a custom paint fill. It’s in excellent condition. Retail is $430. Asking $325 shipped to your door. Albatross club members only please.
  8. BigDill

PUMA x Liberty Paisley

I was just poking around the Puma golf site and came across these, which was an instant order for me. They are a paisley print lineup and I think they are really fantastic. I got the shorts, the paisley polo and the navy polo. I think @JB needs the bucket hat...
  9. BigDill

Let’s Make Cuban Coffee

I have developed a bit of a reputation for bringing my moka pot, or as we Cubans call it, a cafetera, everywhere I go. People have asked me how I make Cuban coffee, so I figured I would take some pictures and post the process so anyone with an Amazon Prime account and a can do attitude can give...
  10. BigDill

Puma YouV Long Sleeve Baselayer Golf Shirt

Just received a Puma YouV long sleeve base layer shirt from my recent Puma golf order. I wanted to get one of these in hand to see if it would replace the sun sleeves I sometimes wear in the unrelenting Florida sun. I am really pleased with it now that I have it in hand. From a material...
  11. BigDill

Have Cell Phones Actually Improved Daily Life?

I don’t mean this is a flippant way. I have been thinking about this over the last few days quite a bit. I know most people would just say yes because it’s a life changing technology. But it is a net good? I was walking through Publix yesterday and had to avoid multiple people who were...
  12. BigDill

What Hole Are You On In Life?

Was listening to a podcast today and an interesting question was asked, which I thought I would share here. If life was an 18 hole round of golf, what hole do you think you are on now?
  13. BigDill

On Course Sales and Donation Pitches

A couple weeks ago a group of us were playing in Orlando and twice encountered a charity table set up on a par 3 during a normal, full fare round of golf. Then it happened to me last weekend during a tournament. I referred to these as “live pop-up ads” during the round and was more than a...
  14. BigDill

Favorite Easter or Springtime Candy?

Whether you celebrate Easter or not, there is no denying that the holiday represents the high tide of the specialty candy season. You get a bunch of exotic and special shapes, mixes and remixes of some of your favorite classics. Then there are the unique releases like the Cadbury Egg and Peeps...
  15. BigDill

I Bought a Golf Ball Dispenser - What Should I Do With It?

A Range Servant Ultima 8 to be specific. I got a call from a friend when he was at an equipment auction and he asked me what I thought about it. 10 seconds later we placed a bid, and by the end of the day it was ours. It took a couple weeks to get it to my house, but it’s finally home and ready...
  16. BigDill

MadJax Flow Form Evolution Golf Cart Wheels

All the talk about wheel color and choices had me wondering why I am still rolling around on the stock 12 inch wheels that came with my ICON. So I started looking around and decided that it was time to get something more stable and hopefully more quiet for my cart. I decided to go with...
  17. BigDill

Castore Sportswear

If you followed along in the 2023 PGA Show thread, you may have noticed some product pictures of a company called Castore. I liked the look of what they were doing, and when it was further mentioned on the WGP I ignited I would check out their website. They market themselves as a premium brand...
  18. BigDill

Build-A-Bear After Dark

I wish I was joking, but apparently there is a Build-A-Bear After Dark website that allows you to dress the same wholesome (and overpriced) bears the kids make into risqué apparel, just in time for Valentine’s Day. I am shocked. Below are just a couple of the options...
  19. BigDill

Suggestions for a Display Case

I have been stuck for the last few days looking for a display case for something I bought for my wife. I am hoping someone here may be able to give me a good idea or point me in the right direction. My wife is a huge Back to the Future fan. So after looking for a while and losing a bunch of...
  20. BigDill

Parmigiano Reggiano Appreciation and Recommendations

I have been on a Parmigiano Reggiano kick the last few months. I am not taking about the shredded stuff, or the sprinkle cardboard-laden versions. I am talking about the wedges and wheels where you eat chunks of golden goodness, with that funky and salty punch. I have been putting them in some...
Back