Search results for query: *

1. L

Concentration and Focus

I can be playing really well, focusing on not rushing the shot and making nice swings and then all of a sudden I’m swinging hard, unbalanced, etc. I seem to forget what has got me playing well and I’m gone for the rest of the round. It’s not that my mind is wandering on anything else in...
  2. L

Staying down through the shot

I’m having trouble standing up during most of my shots. I really seem to do it instinctively instead of staying down through the shot. Has anyone had this problem? If so, any tips or drills to fix it? I hit the ball solid the few times that I do stay down but way too much inconsistency when...
  3. L

Need to Slow Everything Down

I’m a Type A personality with wanting to do everything fast. In golf it has really become a problem as I step into my shot and before I know it, it’s over. Very little planning. I need to Slow Everything Down, become more deliberate with my approach to the shot. I even rush my pre-shot...
  4. L

Swinging Too Hard

I have had a problem with swinging too hard and have really worked at it this year. I now swing my driver and mid to short irons (7 thru wedges)with a smooth controlled tempo and my shots are much less wild. I called it hit impulse. However, I still have a problem when I get to my 4, 5 and 6...
  5. L

Chipping Woes

I don’t come on here very often but I do when I have a problem. I’ve got chipping issues and could use some guidance. I’ve probably asked for help on this before but here goes anyways. When I chip I’m ok from right off the green. The problem is when I get a little further back than the edge...
  6. L

Standing up during the swing

I have had trouble very recently standing up on my downswing. I have a bad back and believe I might not be turning as I should. I feel like I am standing up during the swing and catching a lot of my shots thin. Has this happened to anyone and if so does anyone have any suggestions or drills...
  7. L

DRIVER HELP NEEDED

I am hitting my irons pretty well (for me) but am having serious issues with my driver. As a result I teed off yesterday with my 4 iron all round. My driver striking is so bad. A lot of the time I’m hitting low pulls going about 100 yards. Even when I hit it good it’s really low and I’m...
  8. L

Golf Instruction

I’m 65 years old and have some physical ailments. I have a bad lower back, have had ankle fusion surgery, 2 knee surgeries and am not very flexible anymore. I used to play a lot of baseball in my younger days and was a fairly good athlete but my body got beat up and I’m paying for it now. At...
  9. L

Driver suggestions?

I’ve been working on my game this winter and have been hitting my irons pretty accurately. My problem is with the Driver. I’m very inconsistent with it and don’t have nearly the control over it that I have with my irons. I’m assuming others have run into this problem and am looking for some...
  10. L

Mental Game is killing me

I’ve posted on here before about my lack of a mental game. At the risk of being called out for doing it before, I thought I’d try again. I’ve tried reading the suggested books and it doesn’t seem to be helping. I’m a mental midget on the course. I go to the range and hit it great and can...
  11. L

Changing my user name

It was suggested I change my user name from lost golfer to something more positive. I agree. Can someone tell me how I go about doing that? Thanks in advance.
  12. L

Lack of confidence

I have posted on here numerous times requesting help on individual problems I am having like swaying, hitting low smothered hooks, etc. I have finally come to the realization that I am running around putting band aids on small problems instead of confronting the real problem ..... lack of...
  13. L

Preshot Routine

Looking to change up my preshot routine into something that works better for me. Right now I’m not very consistent with my preshot routine and I don’t seem to put myself in the best possible position to pull off a good shot. If anyone has a good routine I’m open to getting some new ideas to...
  14. L

Happy Feet

Anybody have a problem with not getting a stable stance? My buddies tell me I’m moving my feet during my swing but I don’t feel it. Don’t know how to correct it if I don’t know I’m doing it. Any suggestions?
  15. L

Bad iron shots

I posted this yesterday but can’t seem to find it in the ZHf Tslk forum now. Bim pulling all my iron shots with not much height to them. I’m losing distance with them too. Could use some suggestions on what to try to solve this dilemma. Thanks. I try to focus on swinging out to the target...
  16. L

Low and left shots

I’ve been having trouble hitting my irons low and left. I was usually a lot better with my irons than my woods but not anymore. I have usually hit my 5iron approx.175 yards but now my 5 iron goes about 140 yards with a wicked low hook. All my irons are about the same result. Low with a hook...
  17. L

Happy Father’s Day

Happy Father’s Day to all my fellow golfers on the Hacker’s Paradise. Enjoy your day fellas whether it’s playing, enjoying the US Open or both!!!!
  18. L

Dead Pulls

I played yesterday and have got a problem that keeps reoccurring. On my iron shots and approach shots all of them are pulled dead left sometimes as much as 50 yards offline. I hit my driver so good yesterday and then pulled these shots which just ruined my score. I assume my clubface is...
  19. L

Bad holes

I’ve been on a journey trying to improve my game and it is getting better. The score is not improving that much but I’m hitting a lot more quality shots so I think it’s only a matter of time. My short game needs work but I’m working on that too. My problem right now is I seem to have one or 2...
  20. L

Yesterday’s round ended in disaster

Played in my 9 hole leaguelast night and played pretty well for me for 6 holes and then disaster struck. The last 3 holes are 2 par 4’s and a par 5. Finished 7, 7 and 8. Hit a bad tee shot on hole 16 (played the back) and after hitting a good recovery shot, chunked my way to a 7 and then the...
Back