Search results for query: *

1. MrMom

WTB WTB Stand Bag

I'm looking for a small-medium sized stand bag. I'm trying to save a few bucks so I'd rather buy a high-quality used bag in good shape than a cheap new one. Ideally it would be something along the lines of a Sun Mountain 2.5. I'm not too particular about color although white or camouflage are...
  2. MrMom

Mesquite or Bend?

My father, brother, and I are taking a short golf vacation in mid-April as a joint birthday celebration. We're trying to decide between Mesquite, NV or Bend, OR. We have time for 3 rounds of golf in either location. In Mesquite we'd most likely play Coyote Springs, Wolf Creek, and one of the...
  3. MrMom

New Miura and Jack Nicklaus Irons?

I saw these on Twitter yesterday. I'm not about to give up my Ben Hogan's, and I couldn't hit these anyway, but they look pretty damned good.
  4. MrMom

Should the professional tours establish a minimum age to protect children?

We all want our children to be successful and do great things in life, and where applicable, in sports. A 12-year old girl qualified for the CP Women’s open this week on the LPGA. She missed the cut, coming in second-to-last at 19-over par. I’m sure she had an amazing time and learned a ton from...
  5. MrMom

New finish from New Level?

Just saw these on Twitter. Nothing from New Level has really spoken to me until I saw these beauties.
  6. MrMom

UDI or strong 3-iron?

It's time for me to pull the trigger on some new irons this week. I'm going with the Ben Hogan Ft Worth Blacks 4-PW. To round out the top of the bag I had decided to go with a Taylormade P790 UDI. But Mr. Hicksta inspired me with his Bat Attack purchase to look at the PXG heroes program. Turns...
  7. MrMom

Looking for a good club fitter in Oregon

It's about time for me to get a new set of irons. I'd like to go to a reputable fitter, but I'm not sure how to find one. I'm in Bend, Oregon, but would be happy to go to Eugene, Salem, or Portland for a good fitting. I've heard good things about Fiddler's Green in Eugene, but I've never been...
  8. MrMom

Professional lessons

I haven't had much time for golf over the last year, but I've recently found my schedule opening up a bit. I'm a decent golfer but my game had fallen into disarray. I thought I could pull myself out of it and spent several range sessions over the last 3 weeks tinkering and beating balls into...
  9. MrMom

Careers in the golf industry?

I'd love to hear from people who work in the golf industry, either part time or full time. What do you do and how does it impact your ability to play and enjoy the game of golf? Pros and cons? Thanks!
  10. MrMom

SAM Puttlab partially flawed?

I found this post interesting, so I started a new thread (after a search) so as not to hijack the "Putter Ho" thread. Are the SAM puttlab fittings flawed in that the putts they measure are too short? I just went through this a few days ago at the Orlando Club Champion and learned a ton from the...
  11. MrMom

Anyone interested in Aspen Lakes tomorrow?

Sorry for the last minute invite, but my mother-in-law is in town and has offered to watch my kids. :clapp: I've got two spots open at Aspen Lakes in Sisters, Oregon if anyone in the area is interested. 9:30 tee time.
  12. MrMom

Orlando PGA Tour SS or Club Champion

I'll be heading to Orlando for a couple days in June (without my clubs) and I have about half a day to kill. I'd like to swing into one of these two stores for a putter fitting (possible purchase), buy a pair of shoes, and to try some different irons (not fitting). I've never been to a CC or...
  13. MrMom

How often SHOULD you replace irons?

As a new member here I'm almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information available in this forum. I've searched for this question but couldn't find a definitive thread, so I figured I'd start one. Sorry if it already exists and I missed it. I'm not a club ho, and probably never will be...
  14. MrMom

PXG gen 2 0311t workability?

I've had my Mizuno blades for about 7 years now. I absolutely love them, but I'm looking to replace them in about a year. I won't be playing much golf until next spring so it just makes sense to wait. My priorities in irons are feel and workability above all else. But I think a tad more...
  15. MrMom

Hello from central Oregon

Good evening, everyone. I retired from the US Army recently and now spend my days taking care of my 3-year old daughter and 7-month old son. Needless to say, I don't have much time for golf at the moment, but hopefully that'll change in the next few years. Fortunately, my wife is very supportive...
Back