Search results for query: *

1. Joelsim

How often do you replace your wedges?

Every year, about 150 rounds for the higher lofts anyway. I won’t be changing the 50 or 54 that often though.
  2. Joelsim

Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

46* is the lowest loft.
  3. Joelsim

Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

The X is more forgiving when it’s soft. The Low W is great when the ground’s hard but is easier to dig in the soft. I’m using the Low W at the moment to great effect, but when winter comes I’ll be replacing it with an X for a few months (had the X in MD4).
  4. Joelsim

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid

I’ll be interested to read the reviews on this. I love the shallow depth and the large face height on this as potentially an off-the-tee club.
  5. Joelsim

Toe Hang vs. Face Balance - Can YOU tell a difference

It makes little difference with my putting stroke, I owned 17 putters last year, 13 of which have now been sold. I tested full TH against face balanced as part of this and it made no discernible difference. The four I have left were my favourites and they’re all different TH.
  6. Joelsim

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Sold this Bought this. Cost me £15 after all fees and postage, but it’s newer. So, in today’s money 2* = £15.
  7. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

Just got a mint TS3 for £60 under the typical sale price for a new one, so I’ll give that a bash. Thanks for your help anyway.
  8. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

I like the look of everything about that TEE hybrid. Not a big brand in the UK, so I’ll have to do some scouting around.
  9. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

As it currently stands I’m erring towards a Mavrik or Mavrik Pro, a TS3 17* set to 16*, or maybe even a CLK 16*. All hybrids, unless anyone can think of a rocket launcher wood that I can perhaps put a shorter shaft on without completely screwing the swingweight? A 3W head on a 41” shaft would be...
  10. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

Interestingly I was looking at HL earlier today, what does the HL stand for? I’m almost thinking whether to try a sub zero type thing with less spin. As I said I have no trouble getting anything in the air, quite the opposite in fact. I’ve managed to learn to be able to flight my wedges and...
  11. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

On a good hit 240-250y, not much roll. I’m not keen on it being anything more than a 4W really.
  12. Joelsim

What shall I buy?

I’ve just sold a TS3 hybrid 19*, which I really liked but I want 20y more at least. I struggled to hit it any further than my 21* degree TS2, ball flight also very similar. The new club will primarily be used as a tee club so distance and accuracy is key. I’d prefer a hybrid but will consider...
  13. Joelsim

What’s the longest hybrid you’ve hit.

mine all have the same flight at the top of my bag, too high, too spinny, no roll.
  14. Joelsim

Agree, but I’m hitting both my 21* and 19* (set to 18*), as well as my previous 5W (set to 16.5*) about 200y. If I hit my irons off a tee, I lose distance compared to how I hit them off the fairway, same with hybrids. I’m very close to pin high with the vast majority of my shots based on those...
  15. Joelsim

i should be able to hit all my woody clubs further than I do. PW 120 8I 150 5I 185 4H 200
  16. Joelsim

The 5W went no further, high and not penetrating enough. And also was far easier to hook, surprisingly.
  17. Joelsim

I agree if the particular club is a gapping club, which my 21* is. The other one could be a 4* for all I care, I just want a long option off the tee. If I need to hit that tee shot 200y then I’ll use the 21* or maybe my strong 5I.
  18. Joelsim

It was done on purpose actually. I’m a serial club ho, they were both bought nearly new to test and ultimately sell on. I like both actually but funnily enough I don’t think there’s enough difference between them to justify keeping both. I suspect I’ll keep the 21 and go for something else as...
Back