Search results for query: *

1. MattStub

Breaking 90 with an *

Went out last night to try and catch 18 before dark, playing as a single and walking. Tee'd off a little past 5 so was going to have plenty of time, but was more concerned with the wife being pissed if I ran too late. Was cruising around the front 9, where the course was pretty empty so I wasn't...
  2. MattStub

CONTEST: True Linkswear Swag Bag Giveaway

https://www.truelinkswear.com/giveaway -- link to form here A new winner every month. Join us and #Enjoythewalk. So this is happening. We're giving away a TRUE Swag Bag every month. Enter today for your chance to win! The Swag Bag includes a pair of TRUE Knits, T-shirt, Hat, and...
  3. MattStub

Any leatherworking around here?

Just got started toying with some leather, more on the stitching side than tooling at the moment. Purchased a yardage book cover from a guy in Washington earlier this year and it got me fascinated in how simple it could be to put together but how awesome they look. Just need to find some...
  4. MattStub

Watson Swing Trainer, Clothes Hanger, etc

I've noticed over my last few rounds that my left wrist has been cupping pretty hard which has been causing a multitude of issues. I haven't purchased a Watson Swing Trainer, but have used the clothes hanger along the grip a few times while practicing, just hate the feel of it on the grip. Is...
  5. MattStub

Tackling Forced Carries

I would say one of my biggest hang-ups at the moment is tackling forced carries, both off the tee and on an approach. Have had multiple rounds where I would have been in the mid-90s if it wasn't for a blowup or two on a forced carry. Outside of just playing courses without them, what do people...
  6. MattStub

Urban Golf Variations

Adventures in Golf visited Portland a few years back where they documented a variation of Urban Golf that they play down abandoned streets. Just wondering what others have done to swing the stick in a place other than an official course? We used to play a version of urban golf with foam balls...
  7. MattStub

Wolf - Betting Junk

There are the typical Greenies, Sandies, Polies, Barkies, etc. but was just wondering if people had some favorite junk they like to incorporate into their game when making side bets. Below are two variations that we play that are optional per hole based on what the group wants. Bruce Koepka -...
  8. MattStub

Confronting Your Buddy About His "Improvements"

So we have a small guys trip planned to the Austin area in a couple of weeks with a group of guys from college. One of our regular playing partners claims an 11 for a handicap (via TheGrint, low attest rate). Typically we just let him play his game and then just wonder how or why he claims the...
  9. MattStub

Sliding in from Oklahoma

Hey there, name is Matt. Work in the construction industry in Oklahoma City. Originally from Tulsa, but live around the Cashion area now. Tend to play most of my rounds at Cedar Valley & Kickingbird. Missing the Coffee Creek days though.
  10. MattStub

2018 Team Titleist Ultimate Experience

I don't know if this has been posted, I didn't seem to find it, but anyways see below. Contest runs through September 4th. https://www.titleist.com/sweepstakes/register?id=OmAuGiRtXgE=
  11. MattStub

Austin / Lakeway Courses

We've got a group of 8 guys coming down to Austin in September for a golf outing and looking at 3-4 rounds of golf. We are staying around Northshore but don't mind a drive if there are a couple of courses in the area that we could stack into one day. Any help would be great! We're looking at...
Back