Search results for query: *

1. pinseeker

Buying an electric car

I have mixed feelings regarding EV's. My first was a Toyota Prius Hybrid. It was okay, didn't require any charging, and overall combined gas mileage was around 51 MPG. Now I have a Hyundai Sonata PHEV (Plug in). I like the fact that it is a heavier car, feels like a full sized sedan. Drawback...
  2. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

I,ve been following Salt Strong aka www. fishstrong.com They are currently promoting a new soft bait called Alabama Leprechaun and showing a tandem rig called "Double Leprechaun or Donkey Rig" which looks quite interesting. Their members club is a bit pricey but you get a lot of stuff, videos...
  3. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

fishing for Halibut, caught a Tern!! Okay, so I got this Lucky Craft Golden shiner (sinking) bait with fantastic action. Casts easily and great distance. Shortly after it hits the water, the line suddenly spins off the spool. Heck, I got a "biggin" I thot. But a Tern had dived quickly and took...
  4. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

and thanks, pretty inspiring!
  5. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

fly fishing is my next project. Absolutely no experience what-so-ever.
  6. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

still getting re-acquainted with Salt Water after many years in hiatus. Recently discovered the world of Lucky Craft SW lures. First trial will be SW Pointer 115MR Golden Shiner. Also soft plastics, swimmers, drop line, T-Rigs, C-Rigs. round jig heads, belly weighted wide gap hooks, Gulp Shrimp...
  7. pinseeker

blade shaming a thing ?

The discussion between blades, MB's, CB's, has been going on forever. For me I really cannot discern that much difference other than a bit of sting on miss hits, but I believe that has more to do with forged vs cast, which is a whole other subject. I simply prefer the smaller profile of the...
  8. pinseeker

Who is this???......Please help...golf picture quiz is driving me mad

yep, I saw his golf cart outside a store in Rancho Santa Fe. He lived there at the time, was not well liked by many, cheated at golf e.t.c.
  9. pinseeker

Kayaking

10. pinseeker

How do you handle slow play in front of you?

People in front of you are always slower...just ask the group behind you.
  11. pinseeker

Any motorcycle owners out there?

friend of mine posted on a mc forum regarding electronic cruise control. Otherwise I used to use an assist thumb grip made by Kuryakyn which worked very well. oh, just remembered, it was called Throttle Boss.
  12. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

took a look at them and others. I finally ended up with a Penn Fathom 30LD2. It is a lever drag, two speed retrieval, all metal housing and side plates. Found a deal online and saved $70. (they offered a price match guarantee and I found one). I highly recommend Tackle Direct. Depending on where...
  13. pinseeker

Any motorcycle owners out there?

First bike was a 124cc Italian Benelli (sp), it was a one cylinder thumper but sounded like an old panhead.. Since then, I have owned several, Yamaha, Kawi's. Probably started riding in early 60's. California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Baja. I posted a link above to my old MC Blog that if you look...
  14. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

regarding use of the Tactical Angler clips, I note that different lures require different size clips. Some jig heads have very tiny apertures and the clips are too thick. They do have a micro size that fit however. Problem is you have to retie if you need to change out the clips. My solution is...
  15. pinseeker

SSA 1099

anybody received their social security statement yet? last year I would have received mine by now.
  16. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

i am also considering getting conventional reel for sport fishing, nothing too heavy. The Penn Senator Special 112H is a pretty good deal. Probably would spool it with 30# mono. Only concern I have is how it would cast for surface presentation. Some have said it is more of a bottom fishing reel...
  17. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

yah, I don't consider my current spinning combo be especially light as it would be good for some relatively heavier off shore, but the rod I have is kind of light (6 ft 6in Ugly Stick Elite). I will probably get a bait caster such as Penn Warfare or Senator and a heavier rod. My license permits...
  18. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

my spinner is braid ready, no need for backer (built into the spool). It is Penn Battle III. I used to fish a lot, had my own boat e.t.c. but it has been a long time and I had gave away all my gear. Even had a yak which I had flipped off the coast in 300 ft of water/Great White habitat, which...
  19. pinseeker

any fishermen here?

yep, learning quickly. I currently have 30 lb braid with 9 ft FC 14 lb. Using Tactical Angler clips between end of FC and have sliding weight below that with Caroliner keeper between middle of FC and terminal end. This way I can detach the "extra" leader with swivel from the main leader with the...
Back