Search results for query: *

1. Castor Hades

Course recommendations, Los Angeles (November)

I'm taking a short (8 days) trip to LA next month, and I'm seriously thinking about bringing my bag along with me. I'd say I have time to play maybe 3-4 rounds. I have no clue about any courses over there, and I'm not looking to spend 200 dollars per round, maybe something between 40 - 100...
  2. Castor Hades

Long time no see....Castors back.

Hey Guys... I've been away for a while, and I have to say, it's not you...it was me...well...not me, but work, life and the world. I've missed you guys, and I've had a terrible golf year. Last season I played like 115 rounds, and this year I haven't even counted, but I'd say between 20 to 40...
  3. Castor Hades

Strip driver head from all paint - still legal?

I know that you cannot change the aerodynamics, and all lost parts of the head must be replaced for a driver to be legal, but can I strip the head from all paint? I messed up my 913 D2 real good, and the top looks nasty. Instead of repainting it (which could be a drag), maybe a stripped versio...
  4. Castor Hades

Castor's journey to sewing and the world of cloth. Making your own head covers.

So...I've long coveted the Seamus Golf head covers, but unfortunately the shipping costs, customs etc. there's no point for me to order them to Finland. But...an old suit, my wife's sewing machine and some trial and error, and I've got my first prototype. It's not perfect, and it can even look...
  5. Castor Hades

Ultimate golf trip? What would you do?

How would your ultimate golf trip look like? Let's say you have 3000 USD to use, for everything. Plane tickets, lodging and green fees. Drinks and food are optional :) 7 days or so, 7-10 rounds of golf. 1000 dollars to fly 1000 to green fees 1000 to car & hotel etc. Where would you go? Where...
  6. Castor Hades

THP is awesome. This is how the prize pack for THP Fantasy Golf 2014 looks like!

Thank you all for a superb season, and I specially want to thank THP for creating an awesome set of prizes that they sent me. Josh, Morgan, staff...I thank you guys. Hugs. Take a look at this awesomeness!! A set of grips. Just when I was about the change mine :) Very nice looking Bollé...
  7. Castor Hades

WTB: Bettinardi Divot Tool 2011

I lost my buddy today. If someone would have a 2011 Bettinardi Divot Tool, I'd be very interested to buy one. This is the one I'm looking for:
  8. Castor Hades

Pro model shafts - will we see them in the near future?

The concept of pro model products is very common for example in the snowboard and skateboard industry, but no so much in the golf industry. A lot of companies use their pro players in their development of products, but do you guys think that pro model shafts would have a place in the shaft...
  9. Castor Hades

South Carolina in 2 days and on a budget?

So...I've got Monday the 21st and Tuesday the 22nd available for some awesome SC golf before the Morgan Cup. I'm planning 3-4 rounds on those days, and I'd love to play some good courses. I'm on a budget, but I'm thinking still that I could pay the 100 bucks for Dunes? For now I'm thinking...
  10. Castor Hades

FS: Miura LH Cavity 4-PW KBS Tour stiff

I'm selling a set of left handed Miura LH Cavity irons. The set runs trough 4-iron to PW. They are in good condition, soft metal so some small dents here and there, but nothing that wouldn't look cool or affect the performance. KBS Tour stiff shafts, Lamkin grips. Grips in excellent condition...
  11. Castor Hades

How to stop thinking about the final score? Or how to not let it impact your round?

As we all know, the mental side in this game is important, and a lot of the issues we have are related to the human mind. What I've noticed often is that if I play well in the beginning, I start to think about the end result and I often play a bad back 9. If I play so-so golf on the front and I...
  12. Castor Hades

Green speed, what kind of speeds do you prefer?

I played in a Pro-Am competition on Wednesday, and they had tuned the greens as fast as they could. The official stimpmeter measurement was 11.9 feet. The course usually has 8-10 feet, depending on the season and cut. How fast do you like your greens? The 11.9 was quite fast, but I did like...
  13. Castor Hades

Fairway wood shaft weight, heavier or lighter?

I've got a serious ponder on my future 5-wood shaft, and I can't figure out which way to go. Sure a fitting will help, but ponder is nice and I don't want to exclude anything just because I think it's not ok. I usually have 60-68 gram driver shaft, and I've never been a good fairway wood...
  14. Castor Hades

Sore, chapped and blistered hands, how do you handle them?

I've played 6 rounds this week and going to play one more today. My hands are quite dry, and a few joints are a bit sore. Even a small cut has appeared on my left hand finger. I use sports tape, moisturizing after rounds and I try to massage / rub my hands every now and then. Any tips on...
  15. Castor Hades

Ice Hockey World Championships 2014

As the NHL playoffs are rolling, the WC is usually not the biggest thing in the US and Canada, but have you guys been watching? Most countries do have second tier teams, but still, some quality hockey is played. Finland had an awful start, but they are picking it up...USA had a bad day today...
  16. Castor Hades

Caddie dies on European Tour, RIP Ian McGregor

Yahoo sports: Some really terrible news from the European Tour event this week, where one of the caddies died of a heart attack suffered on the golf course during final round play. Ian McGregor, a 52-year-old caddie on the bag of Alastair Forsyth, passed away on Sunday after suffering a heart...
  17. Castor Hades

Iron distance - how long is good, can long be bad?

Irons are being marketed as long, and distance is being emphasized quite a bit. How long do we need the irons to be? I've gained a lot of distance with my irons compared to last year, and I keep getting in trouble when I'm 100 yards from the green, since I don't have enough short clubs to be...
  18. Castor Hades

Shirt / Polo fabric style? Which one do you prefer? Sturdy or light?

What kind of fabric do you prefer? Thick or light? I like shirts that are bit thicker and sturdy, those über technical super light shirts that kind of folds on every part of my torso aren't my favorite. If the fabric is so thin than I can see my chest hair under it, I'd rather skip it. This...
  19. Castor Hades

Wedge grind, what is your kind?

I just realized that I have very little knowledge or experience about different grinds. At the moment I use Cobra Trusty Rusty, which have a Tri-Bounce sole, and I do know what it means, but at the same time I don't know if I know how to utilize it. I also sometimes use my Cleveland 588...
  20. Castor Hades

Aimpoint Express - green reading

I was offered a chance to participate to a Aimpoint Express session. I have no experience of this, I know that it exists and that the Express version is a bit faster and simple. Anyone have any experience on this? I will go there anyway, the price includes a round of golf, 18 holes on the best...
Back