Search results for query: *

1. A

Best players distance iron

770s - best for me when it comes to consistent numbers (especially spin) and they look great
  2. A

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

I had a long fitting session on Wednesday and tried the Smoke AIs - did like the look and the feel others have described here is quite accurate. When you miss, they definitely let you know. I was swinging pretty quick for me (84-85 with the irons) and did see some significant distance gains...
  3. A

Rolling the Ball Back For Good?

I don't have a strong opinion either way (I grew up in the balata era) but I do know that the three greenskeepers at the three courses I play the most frequently are all strongly in favor of the rollback. All three courses were originally built in the 50s or 60s and all three have added some...
  4. A

TaylorMade Stealth HD Irons

I have the 5,6 and 7 of the HDs (they serve as a 4,5 and 6 in my bag) and love them. Feel nice, good carry and spin - it is nice to be carrying 4 and 5 irons again as I have been sorting through various hybrids, etc. trying to fill those slots. The 5 iron (4 in my bag) is excellent off the tee...
  5. A

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

Built a set of Sti2 irons with the TT Score iron shafts (which is a good match for me). Since I have been pressed for time lately I had Golfworks build them with my usual 3/8" steps - was pleased to see all lengths, lies and lofts spot on what I had ordered. These were a very cheap experiement...
  6. A

Best feeling (sounding) irons you’ve ever hit?

Forged: Maltby TE Forged Cast: Wishon 752
  7. A

Recoil Dart vs KBS PGI?

That sounds like the PGI must play differently than the Dart which might bode well. The problem is that no one has them on fitting carts for me to demo. But the Darts have already been pulled and sold. They were just dismal for feedback for me.
  8. A

Recoil Dart vs KBS PGI?

Has anyone hit both and can offer a comparison? I have the 90 gram Recoil Dart currently and find the feel quite dead - not really hitting them as well as I would like and need to reshaft.
  9. A

Callaway Paradym Irons

I only hit the core
  10. A

Callaway Paradym Irons

Not high/steep enough to make up for the spin shortfall unfortunately
  11. A

Callaway Paradym Irons

Finally was able to hit these off grass today. Still really like the look and feel and the turf interaction was quite nice. That said, still could not get the spin numbers to an acceptable level even with a number of shaft changes.
  12. A

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Had a really nice trial session with the ZX4, ZX5 and ZX7 this afternoon. Was blessed to find my shaft of choice in the Srixon bin and the shop gave me a Trackman bay for as long as I wanted. First up was the ZX4 which does look so much better than its predecessor. Only took a few hits to...
  13. A

Callaway Paradym Irons

My fitting was on a Trackman 4 with the ProV RCT balls so spin is supposed to be very accurate. My current irons were recording around 6200-6300 which is a few hundred less than that same Trackman unit shows outside with those irons. Nothing else I hit in the fitting was below 5200 (which was...
  14. A

Callaway Paradym Irons

Went through an iron fitting today and really liked the Paradyms. Feel was very nice, head looks good to me (don't mind a little width in a top line) and I centered a bunch of strikes. That said, the spin was terribly low (between 4100-4300) and just not playable. Nothing else I hit was close...
  15. A

The upcoming affordable golf crunch

Yes, if the course is moving to a developer a 2-3 year rollout would be common. The developer has to get preliminary approval (zoning, etc.) and only then can get financing. Usually the property is optioned so the owners will keep the course going in case something goes wrong with the deal -...
  16. A

That course is a good example of one that will survive as long as it has a strong business model and the owners can keep up on key infrastructure. The land values remain low enough that the land does not have greater value in another role. It is also, as you note, a more manageable size. That...
  17. A

Generally they are on small enough acreage parcels that we would not be involved (if it is exclusively a par 3 and not attached to another course)
  18. A

I mentioned that I would post this in another thread (the distance rollback one I believe). This will be short because I am swamped at work; our firm connects buyers and sellers of large acreage parcels and we offer a wide range of services associated with those transactions. I direct our...
  19. A

Distance Rollback Gets More Aggressive

They know they need to start reframing the emphasis on distance as it could threaten where the game needs to go. I do not have a value judgement here but I have been told this directly by several people with the USGA. There is a real crisis brewing - I see it everyday in my work. I have a...
Back