Search results for query: *

1. A

Recoil Dart vs KBS PGI?

Has anyone hit both and can offer a comparison? I have the 90 gram Recoil Dart currently and find the feel quite dead - not really hitting them as well as I would like and need to reshaft.
  2. A

The upcoming affordable golf crunch

I mentioned that I would post this in another thread (the distance rollback one I believe). This will be short because I am swamped at work; our firm connects buyers and sellers of large acreage parcels and we offer a wide range of services associated with those transactions. I direct our...
  3. A

For Sale Srixon 565 10.5* w/ stiff Attas 6 star

For Sale - Very nice condition Srixon 565 10.5 driver with an Attas 6 star stiff shaft at 45". Comes with the original headcover and wrench. $80 shipped
  4. A

For Sale Cleveland Hy-Wood stiff Cypher shaft

Cleveland Hy-Wood with the stock stiff Cypher shaft and Tour Velvet grip. Approximately 10 rounds played and in very nice shape. I am a big fan of the head and will be getting another one with a different shaft. $160 shipped
  5. A

New drivers and Strokes Gained Driving

Some of you might find the following interesting - my wife, I can assure you, does not :). In short, I have some time each week this winter on a Trackman 4 unit with a full complement of the Trackman courses for the simulator. At the same time, I have access to the fitting carts for most of...
  6. A

Hogan Edge iron reviews?

I have a customer who wants forged game improvement irons but will not pay the going OEM rate. He has locked on to the Hogan Edge irons but the demos would be worthless to him as he plays +1" in length and uses jumbo grips (arthritis). Any feedback on them that I can share?
  7. A

Sub 70 699 irons

One of my usual playing partners just purchased a set of the Sub 70 699 irons. He has been tinkering with going with player's distance irons to catch up a little as he ages. In the process he has hit the Cobra Forged Tec, the HMB and just about everything on the market but has concerns about...
  8. A

Wear your sun block...

Yep, I know you have all heard it. However, I am now fighting melanoma and am the proud owner of a 30 stitch scar along my neck (my wife has made certain parallels with Frakenstein) where tissue and lymph nodes were removed. Have two other spots that will require treatment. In my case (I'm...
  9. A

Have you found a magic putter?

Interested in hearing from people who have found their magic putter - something that actually saves you a few putts per round. In my case, I have taken lessons, been fit several times and still muddle along with a putting game that lags far behind my ballstriking. What is your putter and what...
  10. A

Hot iron faces and wedge gapping - ugh

While waiting for my Mizuno JPX 850s to come in, I was able to hit a full demo set in my specs at our local shop in hopes of choosing some wedges to match. Unfortunately in my fitting, I was not able to hit anything toward the wedge end so we were extrapolating distance. Turns out I hit the...
  11. A

SM5 opinions?

Unfortunately my new irons will require new wedges due to the different lofts. Looking at SM5 wedges in 54 (F grind) and 58 (K grind) - opinions on full and partial shot performance?
  12. A

Fitted today - surprise winners for me

Thanks to a work road trip, I had a block of time this afternoon to be fit at Miles of Golf (thanks to Potbunker for the recommendation). For those who have not been there, its Christmas morning with all the golf toys. Pretty much every OEM is represented and they have just about every iron...
  13. A

4 wood suggestions?

I just came back from demoing a few fairway woods and need some additional suggestions for something in the 16-17* range. This would be primarily (90% of the time) a tee club but I'm not worried about it being "long", etc. so long as it fits the distance slot I need which is about 220-230. I...
  14. A

SeeMore Si3 review

I have had about 3 weeks on really good greens now so I can give a more detailed review. While not an official tester, I did purchase this putter due to the SeeMore thread. Me as a putter: Have always been steady - few three putts but also never made as many as I should have given my handicap...
Back