Search results for query: *

1. Reef Donkey

New Irons - Almost Ready to Order

Consider the 659TC or CB line from Sub70. Great clubs and you should see a little boost in spin.
  2. Reef Donkey

Tips to go from Low teens to low single digits HC

I can't speak for everyone, BUT, this has been what's worked best for me: Playing all my yardages on approach based on the back of the green distance. For instance: Front of green: 131 yds Middle of green: 147 yds Back of green: 163 yds. Water in the front of the green My 7i absolutely...
  3. Reef Donkey

Best value in putters?

JMHO, your mileage may vary: 1. Bell Putters 2. Sub70 3. Cleveland (Hands down the winner for the big companies) I have all 3 of these, and I change them up depending on the mood. When I feel like putting with the broomstick, I go for my 410 gram Bell. When I feel like mixing it up and...
  4. Reef Donkey

What Would It Take For You To Put Wilson Equipment In The Bag?

A players cavity back or blended set (5-7 cavity / 8-P blade), more traditional sized with minimal or zero offset (available in lefty, of course).
  5. Reef Donkey

What Is The Longest Iron You Should Game?

I game a 5i, but probably shouldn't. Confidence level is maybe a 4/10. Off the tee or on the range, I can hit it much better. On the course I struggle to get it in air consistently enough. I am currently hitting my 6i 172 yards, but maybe get an extra 5 yards on a flushed shot with the 5i...
  6. Reef Donkey

Have you purchased a new putter in 2023... (and if so) have you been pleased with it?

Yes, and yes. Purchased a Bell Putters 410 Upright Lie. 410 grams, nice and heavy. Being over the ball helps my alignment. And the prices on them are fantastic. Truly a steal at the price point.
  7. Reef Donkey

R U in quest of speed?

My recipe I've been following is super loose wrists, releasing the club effortlessly through impact, and hips cleared. Loose wrists sound easier to do that it really is. Once I got that down, I worked on taking a backswing, and literally holding at the top for 4 or 5 seconds, then working on...
  8. Reef Donkey

Driver with best heel side forgiveness

The whole face of a TSR2 is quite forgiving.
  9. Reef Donkey

It's all in the grip

My buddy said my swing seems not as steep with my irons as it did with the strong grip. At any rate I feel like I am bringing more power to the swing completely effortlessly. My wrists are as loose as can be. I watch Paul Wilson from time to time, and I thought his method was sorta crackpot...
  10. Reef Donkey

It's all in the grip

I'm glad I'm not the only person out there with results like this. I get people making grip changes to straighten out their flight, but I never realized it could lead to such a difference in length.
  11. Reef Donkey

It's all in the grip

Amazing what a change in mentality and grip can do to my game (in a positive way). So for the past 10+ years I've played a relatively strong grip with my irons and a neutral grip with my woods. I never consciously paid attention to this but it just sorta morphed into that. My best friend...
  12. Reef Donkey

Woods are long, irons are short in comparison

I feel like I'm getting good compression, with some decent shaft lean at impact, ball marks up near the 4th and 5th groove. No ballooning of the shot, but it's just weird when I completely starch a ball with my 7i and it carries sub-150 yards. Literally I feel like I'm losing a full club of...
  13. Reef Donkey

Woods are long, irons are short in comparison

Ok, here's the scoop: My buddy and I went out and played a round yesterday, and he brought his portable swing speed monitor. With Driver I reached 106 mph, and averaged 103.3 for the day. All drives (carry and roll) were over 260, with the long for the day at 283. I striped the driver well...
  14. Reef Donkey

Driver Shaft Torque Question

Hey all! This is probably a loaded question, but I'm trying to get a general sense of what sort of torque I should be considering for my swing speed. Average Swing Speed is 101, however, I have gotten it to 104 (plenty of advil, finally loosened up after a couple holes played). In general...
  15. Reef Donkey

What’s your eye dominance?

I'm left-handed and left eye dominant. How does this translate to golf? Does it make it easier for me or harder?
  16. Reef Donkey

Just ordered a Bell Putter

My buddy ordered one and he absolutely loves it. He was gaming a TM Spyder and his opinion was that these putt just as well FOR HIM as any Bettinardi, Scotty, etc big money putter.
  17. Reef Donkey

Definitely will
  18. Reef Donkey

Yes sir. I ordered the Bell II. It's 410 grams, center shafted, and it's Anser style. Ordered it with a 15" grip.
  19. Reef Donkey

In my search for a longer shafted putter (40") I came across the Bell Putter Co. Small outfit in Nebraska, however, I found quite a few people who really liked them. It was only $139 + Shipping so I took a chance and ordered one. 79* upright which I love as it putts me literally right over...
Back